/utg/ - Urban Techwear General

>Is X techwear?
It can include but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands:
• Tech Ninja/Cyberpunk (ACRNM, ACG, Guerrilla Group, Y-3)
• Activewear (NikeLab, Adidas, Gyakusou)
• “Gray Man” (Unobtrusive) (Veilance, Outlier)
• Outdoors (The North Face, Patagonia, Arc’teryx)
• Military (Arc’teryx LEAF, Triple Aught Design, Surplus)
Post news, inspo, and fits. Start flame wars, berate each other anonymously and have fun.

>Techwear Discord link:
discord.gg/stX9ECT

>Techwear guide
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Brand spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MgLVu61LQrd59jNlOgwYaqxR3Jo35XY1gwOsTfmT9U/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/erlsn/status/869689031940067328
odin-gear.com/en/
item.rakuten.co.jp/c-n-t/tlk_051_j/
discord.gg/bJDqJZf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Start flame wars, berate, each other
These threads are my favorite.

Can we talk about hats?
Why are goretex hats so rare? Are they just impractical or what?

Pic not related.

You're my favorite

moving to Sapporo in a month (16ft annual snowfall), post winter outdoor techwear inspo pls

Invest in real snow boots.

threadly reminder boxwood is a faggot and the discord won't help you dress better

owo is that suede~~?

Mainline Salomon, bbs11 X Salomon if you fancy it

use this, taking credit for a meme is gay

I work at an outdoor store RN and already copped some snowboots/ a few down jackets/ shells/ backpack so I can take my snowboard on the metro.

Are these boots shit?

twitter.com/erlsn/status/869689031940067328

Errolson retweeted Gibson's post about this.
Oy Vey!

Salomons are cool, you're just going to have to work with a bit more color in your fits.

Just try to avoid looking like a bird watching enthusiast. White Mountaineering has some nice stuff that's got some tech fabrics with great colors.

These threads devolve to nothing but a pissing contest. Don't know why people in the discord are making more of these.

Aww, I'm sorry we take up space from other quality Veeky Forums threads.

I really like green/ it suits my eyes very nicely so I copped this shell - I get better than wholesale on Patagonia (and salomon, hence the boots) so I picked up a ton of their shit.

I'm outdoorsy but I'm not like swiss alps guy with spandex leggings 24/7 outdoorsy. Trying to reflect that, kinda casual n stuff. What do you think about this jacket?

also have this light down jacket

If you want green take a look at the tilak Odin, little less outdoors looking

I want to buy some sock darts
I don't know whether I should get pic related, since they're waterproof, or the normal ones. What do you think?

Looks good for snowboarding, which you'll definitely be able to do in Hokkaido.

I would maybe just cop a more fashion oriented or casual hardshell with goretex, and you'd be golden for a long time.

>pissing in an ocean of piss is productive

t.twg discord user

>Odin
surely not this brand: odin-gear.com/en/

Tilak Odin, as in tilak the Czech company

I also have this.

I'll be doing a lot of winter camping/ outdoor stuff with my job so I grabbed this (for like $130 haha) as a low/zero effort output jacket. Single layer to wear to the konbini and stuff.

Go waterproof if you must, but sockdarts are pretty ugly imo.

LOL, here's the Tilak Odin

Ironic then how you're the only one bitching amidst actual discussion.

Can we some inspo for down jackets?

Do u actually care about tech?
Get those

Do u care about the tech aesthetic?
Get normal

Truthfully they'd be pretty useless except for rain because they're so low

>OP calls for flame war

Wow their mobile site is awful

I really like this.

I think White Mountaineering has some cool down jackets coming this fall.
>I don't like flame wars, but OP was 'obviously' inciting a flame war so I'm going to start a flame war
You're not very bright.

>t.discordfag

>sockdarts are pretty ugly
What would you recommend?
I'm looking for cheap-ish sneakers I can wear in the rain.
>Do u care about the tech aesthetic
Are the waterproof ones really uglier?
>pretty useless except for rain
It never snows where I live so it should be fine

>being this autistic

good good, thread coming along nicely

>What would you recommend?
>I'm looking for cheap-ish sneakers
What's your budget?

Same poster as here. What are some good hairstyles for the functional tech/ hiker core aesthetic?

I have hair texture like pic related, grown out though. Its pretty shaggy now as I was trying to do the long hair shit, but its just not me.

150 at most, open to any suggestions but the sockdarts are basically perfect
>waterproof
>no laces
>can be used as beaters
>versatile enough

pic related, me with short hair

I didn't mean ugly by that

I meant: do you actually want to wear technical stuff or do you just want to look the part

Sock darts are okay, they aren't the prettiest shoe. People who aren't into shoes or tech fashion don't like them, so if that bothers you then don't get them. I'd recommend the air presto utility as a good alternative to those

This. The mid is a bit better in my opinion.
There's also a wide range of Goretex trail runners if you want peak function and something you can use for every situation imaginable.

seconding this, the prestos are actually very nice to look at.

Why would you want to fully commit to any style that far instead of simply doing your own thing?

Presto utilities look awful and are foot saunas

I wanted to see what I'd look like with long hair. It didn't work out - keeps getting in my eyes when I run even w/ headbands :(

>do you actually want to wear technical stuff
yeah, I'm trying to build a tech wardrobe that actually does what it's supposed to, not just looks like it does.
>Goretex trail runners
such as?

Or to imply that a style is dependent on your hairstyle. Just having a hairstyle that is fashionable with the times is all you need.

I have the aggravic gtx for trail running. Salomon has some nice models but is the premium of runners.

So are most waterproof shoes, what do you expect? You can't have flyknit ventilation on a waterproof shoe

Yeah, it wasn't me going for the "brah I'm outdoorsy catch me at your local climbing gym" thing. Sorry if it came across in such a way.

I was just curious if it would suit me, but the longer it gets the more I am starting to find I don't like it.

Not really, membranes make a massive difference and trail runners can be integrated well into fits

Can someone post examples of techwear that don't look autistic in real life?

Most inspo i've seen would only make people stare and laugh at you in real life.

Damn, that's some old Sufu shit
Even has the oakley gloves

>inspo
I'll dump some throughout.

anyone have any experience with the Tilak Odin? Looks amazing imo

gonna go with the navy colourway I think

Where to cop all that good fecal matter featured in Alien Covenant?

I honestly don't know, but I'm not interested in Gore-Tex hats anyways. Nylon is good enough, being water resistant as it can dampen through it's thread.

How would a budget techninja look, anyway?

Sounds dope, snowy winters and not-too-humid summers.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited! Going to be great running weather (at least for part of the year) and they have like 4 climbing gyms!

And when I need to go out in the pouring rain, all my jackets have hoods.

If you don't mind, I'd love to hear some first-hand experiences once you're there and settled in, either in one of these threads or on /trv/. I've not been there yet, but Hokkaido's on the list for whenever I make the trip to Japan.

can this be pulled off?
fyi I'm a German, living in Germany

>uses thinkpad because it's black

I prefer white laptops... which are harder to come by since almost everything is either black or silver grey. sony vaio had some fire ones but now it's under different management and new vaios are only sold in japan at the current moment.

i just ordered some of these, should be in this week.

sock darts are awful, they only look good in product shots

It's a rule of thumb not to wear a camo from your native country due to possible political issues and people may think you are some autistic LARPer. I'm from the US and I never wear woodland or ACU due to them being both overdone here and possibly pissing off radicals of both political spectrums.

I think you're over reacting, has this every happened to you?

No but I have heard of many cases of it happening both here and in other countries. There are zealous autists here in the US that might claim "stolen valor" on anybody who wears a piece of US military clothing even without any insignia or naming or not in full uniform. Their intentions of busting people who try to fake being vets for benefits I have no problem with but they can get uppity even if you do nothing of the sort. For some reason they couldn't give two shits if you wear a foreign camo though.

These people I mentioned tend to be on the right side of the political spectrum but I have also heard of people who lean on the left getting pissy since they think the people wearing the clothing are advocating for war/violence. It sounds ridiculous but it can happen.

Nah this does happen in America

The hippies and the world police officers get triggered when they see camo, even when it's not an American camo

Well I mean I don't give a fuck and do it anyways but you get the point

thank you, was thinking of this too.
Also desu I'm more into pic related camo myself.
What country's field jacket would you recommend?

Also feel free to post inspo related to this, it would be appreciated

decent fit, but I'd change the hair - it's a bit feminine on you. shorter and not parted in the middle.

i also agree about the hair, doesnt look good on you

mate are you fucked that fit is trash

I mean the jacket isn't my favorite but the boots and pants and jacket are all fairly average entry level /utg/ garments - because they look pretty nice.

anyone know a place to find this colourway of the tilak loke jacket that isn't in japan and isn't marked up 100 over retail?

item.rakuten.co.jp/c-n-t/tlk_051_j/

The fit on the pants and the jacket are spot on actually. The haircut is notgirly in the slightest. The t-shirt would contrast less in khaki, olive, or black. Your critique is "trash" and you come off as a stupid person who cannot express his ideas well.

discord link is dead :( can someone post a current one?

>Your critique is "trash" and you come off as a stupid person who cannot express his ideas well.
Veeky Forums in a nutshell
discord.gg/bJDqJZf

thanks

Yes uWu

his fit is entirely unremarkable, no one looking at that in the real world would think he's particularly fashionable the styling is drab, wow a black top with black pants and black shoes wow how amazing, thats not to say all black is bad either, however here there is nothing intresting about the fit, the silhouette is boring his individual pieces are boring his hair cut is shit, it is entirely unremarkablr in every single way

how on earth do you think thats a "good fit" unless yout only requirement is having the clothes fit the wearer and if thats the case fashion probably isn't for you

fucking discord fags are the worst i swear

>he bought clothes that fit
>OMG WHAT A DOPW FIT

neofa in a nutshell

the fit is bad dude

this general is for late 20s SADDEST losers
HAHAHAHA
get a life

I love these threads. Normal cringe threads usually only last a couple days but techwear generals can last for over a week. It's a constant source of hilarity I can rely on.

someone post that quote about onani

thanks for getting the thread back on track

What's your favorite brand for plain performance t-shirts? Does a $100 Outlier merino tee go that much further (i.e. perfromance/durability) in a work environment than something from Uniqlo?

outlier is gay

Thoughts on shemaghs? Can/do they look good?

a lot of acg kmtrs are on sale if you can find them :)

Autism. You probably look like a clown in real life dressing for an interesting "silhouette". lmao do you think you are a designer or something? hahah
Get over yourself.

all according to plan

hah

you fucking faggot

shmegma?

Bad boy
I personally don't like wearing merino in the summer. Merino in the winter, and something pretty breathable like airism from Uniqlo is nice in hot weather.