/retro scene/

With 00's retro coming into full swing I was thinking of skipping a step and bringing back 07's scene style.

I know it's stupid but I think it's a cool idea maybe it's just because I'm nostalgic for that time

It's just ugly, don't do it. Terrible haircuts and girls trying to make themselves look like child prostitutes via heavy make-up.

There's nothing wrong with that last part hahaha

00s were the dark ages

"scene" was/is horrible. Total trash. There were good things going on in the 00's, like Interpol or The "The" bands. The Strokes, The Kills, even The White Stripes. 70's punk was having a comeback. There were bands like Animal Collective, LCD Soundsystem, and Crystal Castles that were doing the more synthy electronic thing. But this Myspace fashion was pretty gross.

f-fuck off /mu/

still, you could make something good inspired by this

Myspace was a brand new thing when I was a junior in high school.

Should I just off myself now?

reminder that in 2007 people were saying this about the 90s in regards to fashion, music etc. it's almost like the 20 year cycle meme is irrefutably true

Am I the only one old enough to know that the 00s"scene" look is heavily "inspired" by the 80s hair/glam metal scene? Scene girls in particular look like the spawn of 80s hair metal groupies.

It looks fucking awful and I'm so thankful I'm old enough to have avoided it. How did you guys deal with girls who looked like this? Fucking hell. The worst my age group had to deal with was Hot Topic goths, and those girls were usually fat anyway.

It's too early, you will look terribly out of style, and no one will read your irony.

scene girls were qt but the music was awful, kinda miss making fun of the guys those

Most of this shit is unbearable, but there are occasionally some okay tidbits

Lol these bitches look retarded. I remember when ever we saw scene kids we would call them fags. I miss highshool.

im feeling allover the place

Yeah, but if you cherry pick any era you can make it seem cooler than it was. It's way easier to think an era was cool if you didn't see first hand how most people really dressed. Scene style was pedestrian preteen fashion.

>How did you guys deal with girls who looked like this?
I avoided them

00s were objectively shit for good looks for girls. I didn't go through enough of puberty in the 90s to be looking at girls much then.
It's quite possible they were both shit for girls.

Thot fashion might not be ideal but it is way more pleasing to >muh dik. It works with what men like rather than against it.

And the kids who will champion this in 2025 will have been to young to see it in action

I loved how all the scene girls wore the low rise boot cut jeans at the time with no panties so they all had plumbers crack in high school

We used to slip pencils or cigerettes in their ass cracks

What's with millennials and their aversion to say "gay" and "fags" when referring to shit they don't like.

Instead they say "edgy" or hurr Durr

It's like their so beta they think that rocking the boat is a bad thing

How old are you Sieg? You're younger than I thought.

>It's like their so beta they think that rocking the boat is a bad thing
You're talking about scene boys who thought androgyny was an iconoclastic fashion statement when they live in the most anti-male social climate to ever exist in the first place. These people lack self-awareness while also constantly trying to appease every minority group.

scene girls always seemed like a style that was mainly inspired by the goth and emo trends, but with less commitment, the budget of a middle school girls pocket money, and a few more pastel colours.

Nigga don't talk shit about 80s glam!

Nah, the 90's were way worse than 00's, at least when it comes to clothes. Maybe not the early 00's, but definitely worse than a decade ago.

>bi
>use "faggot" and "gay" constantly
>straight friends find it hilarious but are too nervous to ever do the same
>keep telling them no one fucking cares
>they still just nervously laugh instead

They're missing out

who else here /timeless/

I stopped calling things gay when I became a good goy and now that I am a bad goy I still don't say it because I think it sounds weak.
I mean that it sounds like a generic dumb adolescent thing to say so it diminishes the authority with which you disparage the subject.

Faggot remains a good word.

gay is a faggy word

"faggy" is a gay word