Why were the 90's so aesthetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/popculturediedin2009/?hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=9_SZTTHZcqc
youtube.com/watch?v=mwdxdMXAqVc
youtube.com/watch?v=pq44-JLZ0Y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reminder that ten years ago everyone called the 90s cringe

reminder that everyone says the early-mid 00s are cringe but in 4-6 years the kids your age at that time will talk about how aesthetic the 00s were

I really hope not

This

Back in 2006 all the 90s haircuts disgusted me

Now I have a middle part

I love it but I it's too hot to wear jeans all the time. What shorts do I wear?

it's already started, things like instagram.com/popculturediedin2009/?hl=en have already started to get traction

Mmm, young Tisdale.

Fashion tends to recycle from 20 years ago -- fad-wise, anyway. I remember 70's revival in the 90's.

Commie influence was still strong

man I don't give a fuck what anybody says the olsen twins are still hot as fuck. though I'm a sucker for the coked out look on certain women

STOP

fpbp

Scully's sister was so hot

Because it takes 20 years for major trends to recycle

Im so fucking tired of people misusing the word aesthetic

I'm watching 2000's style lookbooks on youtube and bitch I see that shit coming back. It's coming.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_SZTTHZcqc
youtube.com/watch?v=mwdxdMXAqVc
youtube.com/watch?v=pq44-JLZ0Y8

Only 3 more years until early 2000's.

I feel like the 2000s were just honest fun fuckery. Nowadays its kewl to be cookie cutter emotionless dull ig slut.

Because that's when you were a kid and life was easy.

this

why do people who are into fashion say "aesthetic" as if it's an adjective

Early 2000s fashion was objectively disgusting. I don't want bootcut jeans, trucker hats and suede jumpsuits to come back

this

>the olsen twins are still hot as fuck

Fuck

fast forward to Veeky Forums in 2023

>having jeans hug your ankle
>this much gross

It all sucks. 80's fashion onwards is ass.

she was so beautiful owo

>Why were the 90's so aesthetic?
Subjective, as everything.

The early 2000s were the last time youth culture developed their own major aesthetic culture with the MySpace/Emo thing. With broad emergence of the internet, everything has been dispelled around the globe and spawned subcultures like grass on a field. You can't possibly keep track now, nor distinguish a unique style anymore.

90s aesthetics were (at least in Europe where I live) mainly determined by Hip-Hop and Techno music cultures. You were either a baggy pants kind of guy smoking weed, or some weird dude with colored spiky hair who drops pills at rave events. Both were not really remarkable in comparison to the creativity of the 80s.

TL;DR: Everything gets worse. Everything after 2000 is shit.

because boomers had a lot of money to spend and no financial tact or reason to hold back so it was worth designers putting effort in to get people into fashion and squeeze them all dry

>The early 2000s were the last time youth culture developed their own major aesthetic culture with the MySpace/Emo thing. With broad emergence of the internet, everything has been dispelled around the globe and spawned subcultures like grass on a field. You can't possibly keep track now, nor distinguish a unique style anymore.

The early 2010s were the last time youth culture developed their own major aesthetic culture with the Vaporwave/"meme rap" thing. With broad emergence of the internet, everything was dispelled around the globe and spawned subcultures like grass on a field. You can't possibly keep track now, nor distinguish a unique style anymore.

Rose-tinted glasses