Sun tzu, deception and business

dear Veeky Forums

I want to destroy my enemies, and I do not wish to give any potential rivals ammunition with which to use against me

can you help me?

>ever got someone to get themselves fired through deception?
>ever got someone to take the blame for your mistakes?
>ever got someone to do all the work and you took credit?

tl;dr I'm trying to become a Machiavellian Prince at work

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cialdini#Six_key_principles_of_influence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Halo_Effect_(business_book)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

unions

bide your time wait for the right moment when you can really screw them over. pretend you only wanted to help.

i have a fucker at work that does exactly this crap
i'm gonna murder him one day figuratively speaking of course. he will slip up they always do.

What happens when they slip up and your boss just turns a blind eye because his prized employee can "do no wrong" even tho the evidence is right in front of his face

Hopefully I can just make a few hundred grand and daytrade so I don't have to deal with autists fighting eachother over billionaires jizz rags.

well next time then, it's no big deal. but it never hurts to have allies. for example i'm pretty tight with one of the owners who also hates the fucker. so not overly worried about fallout.
it's more like i tend to take it personally when someone is trying to take me for a fool.

in my opinion, you're not wealthy until you can lobby congress

until that point, you're a target for financiers

I'm not trying to target someone, I'm trying to target everyone at the business.

I want everyone to be working for me, not with me. if you work against me, you're gone

If I would be in a position of a boss I'd try to detect such people and try to get rid of them.
Prince was written as a tutorial for a monarch on how to preserve power and his principalities, and pretty much keep the country united. So in the original Machiavellian approach ended up being pretty productive, empires that managed to preserve themselves united are still superpowers, best example is Russia. While Brits lost all their colonies and became Cuckistan russkie leaders suppressed rebellions and were always Machiavellian, in past they exterminated and controlled boyars/big party members and now oligarchs. Last time a leader was a weak non Machiavellian fag was when the Empire turned into Soviet Union.

In a work settings a Machiavellian seems to be a parasite who focuses on his own profit and fucks with other team members, is counterproductive.

>brits lost all their colonies

that's the dumbest assertion I've ever heard, or did you forget the falklands and how London is still the financial capital of europe?

>brits lost all their colonies

seriously this assertion is making me crazy. the whole reason we have NATO pushing the WTO, World Bank and IMF is because financial colonialism is more secure than literal colonialism

The only thing I would say is that -

1/3 of people won't like you - ignore them
1/3 of people will like you - use that
1/3 of people don't really care, they just want no hassle and a stress-free workday without drama

Focus on the last third - the peeps who are easier to win over. A little banter here and there, share some food and drink, etc - 'oh, it was on offer so I just bought a 12-pack of donuts - it was the same price as 5 anyway' - little things like that, but make sure they know it's no big deal - never mention it.

When some faggot or queen bitch tries to stick some shit on you, or talk behind your back, they'll find they are outnumbered by 2/3rds, and testimonials will be lining up.

Some may even start to doubt themselves and be won over to your side.

Also, build a file on everyone there, with an emphasis on the haters. Document shit properly, photos, videos, audio, a photocopy, anything you can get hard evidence for.

Don't try and bury them deliberately, peeps may freak out that you're some kind of snitch, just keep that shit safe until needed.

>be me
>working at X company (gym)
>colleague gets called into disciplinary hearing
>they tell him they know he's been stealing
>they tell him he is dismissed without severance pay because it's gross misconduct, and is banned for life from all branches
>he says 'that's interesting. Please read this first. Let me know if it changes anything.'
>hands them a letter
>they look it over
>they leave the room and discuss it
>they return
>'Ok, user, how about this - we will pay you 3 months pay if you leave now.'
>'six months should do it'
>'ok'
>'..and lifetime membership of the gym, full use of facilities, free towels and a private locker'
>'um...ok..'

That was 10years ago, he still enjoys popping in for a swim / sauna / jacuzzi

Never underestimate the value of having a little dirt on somebody, or even the firm you work for.

No nukes,no military,no natural resources, no independence.

you have to understand that nations are tools of an international elite, and the international elite has a large british constituency

comparing britain to russia isn't a fair comparison thanks to NATO treaties and "free trade"

great post, exactly what I'm looking for thank you

The stuff you read in "48 laws of power" and other edgy books rarely applies on a day to day basis. If you want the remotest chance of success in life you need to be a good boy who brushes his teeth, does his homework and has more of a "how to win friends and influence people" attitude.

For example you can cheat on a test, but what does this bring you? You will have better odds getting some average white collar job. Whoopdy fucking doo. However if you actually study then in the future you will know what you are doing and might actually be able to found a tech startup, then you will be in a position to profit from some autist's work and such. Before you can manipulate others you have to learn to manipulate yourself.

this is the wrong kind of post, you sound like a tech billionaire's spiritual guru

greentext stories appreciated, i want to hear details of how people were fucked over, traps people fell into

>NATO
Britain is only a part of it while Russia itself is almost an equal rival to the whole NATO. Also Russia has a tremendous amount of resources and Europe is dependent on their gas.
Britain is dependent on rest of the worls, Russia is not.

>be me
>don't get hired by evil HR bitches because not wageslave class
>start my own business and make way more money while helping people more than I would have

Fucking manipulated the shit out of them. I am such a psychopath guys.

thats exactly what i want to do with the money I get from within the business I'm at. I'm in an excellent position but I need to form a proactive stratagem to deal with the world of subterfuge and intrigue until I can go legit

There's no way to Snidely Whiplash your ass into the CEO slot, retard.

Get people to like you, do your job decently but not the absolute best (You don't want them withholding a promotion for fear of losing your productivity), and make sure management knows who you are. That's literally it.

Here's what you do. You save the money until you have enough. Right? This is where it gets good. Then you give them your two weeks. Then you start up your business.

They'll never see it coming,

Am I wrong? What is the point of being the sketchiest hustler in the hood when you're still living on food stamps and in section 8 housing? If you want to become a master manipulator you have to get into a position where your manipulations actually accomplish something first.

i don't get why you're projecting all this pettiness onto my position

so far people have implied that i'm bad at my job, a shady exploitationist, a lazy shitbag who nobody likes, and now I work for a mcdonalds the way you implied that i'm a hood hustler in section 8 housing

are you just trying to get personal information with which to harm me?

This. There is no shortage of pieces of shit in the world. If that's your only competitive edge you might as well give up right now.

i mean i have a topic for this thread, and i want specific posts, that's my position. you can meet me, or call me a fag or whatever but i'm still gonna reiterate that your post wasn't what i'm looking for with this thread

Cheers
OK, here's one from me, and how I didn't learn from that guy quickly enough -

>bitch new boss shows up late to work
>brings up a couple legitimate concerns
>fair enough, take it on board
>then gets on my case about all kinds of bullshit
>figure this is period/menopause bullshit
>I don't think this is really about me but take it
>still she carries on about everything
>I am exhausted and have been covering people a lot (I'm the only other person there) opening and setting up, handling teaching classes, phones, cleaning, etc on my own, while she comes in 3 hours late.
>finally have enough of this shit
>start telling her how things are and what staff really think of her 'management' - that she cannot manage
>I don't raise my voice, get angry, swear, just state my case
>she gets all emotional and takes it like a personal attack - it kinda is, but is directed at her professional work style and mismanagement, even though I could take it further
>we give each other some room
>day passes without incident
>I forget about it
>think maybe we both took something on board from that, it cleared the air
>continue to work and act professionally
>almost 3 fucking weeks later
>given 48 hours notice (on a Friday!) of a disciplinary hearing on Monday, about my conduct during the 'incident' - a chat
>I'm on shift all weekend
>late shift then early shift, skeleton shift of me and one new guy
>only two witnesses to 'incident' are from another department, are off until Monday 9am
>she deliberately did it on that day so I had little time to rally support
>meanwhile she spent 2+ weeks writing fiction to bury me
>she said I was 'aggresive' and 'intimidating' (protip; only women can do this. You won't get sympathy for saying you were intimidated by a boss or supervisor, as a guy)
>bitch HR manager sides with her
>managers close ranks
>I am tired for being 'insubordinate' - gross misconduct
>I remember thinking I should have recorded our chat on my phone

very appreciated, have a whole bunch of (You)s

top quality post I have created my autistic list of enemies and am currently waiting for the 258bit encryption to complete

Calm down, I'm just saying you should be realistic, I recommend "my life in advertising and scientific advertising" might be a good book if you want insights into how these things work in real life. Maybe also Cialdini's influence: the psychology of persuasion and the halo effect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Cialdini#Six_key_principles_of_influence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Halo_Effect_(business_book)

Welcome to Veeky Forums, friend!

All you're missing is some of these -

>nigger
>kike
>NEET
>autistic
>live in mom's basement
>posting on a Portuguese sardine trawling forum

And you've got BINGO!

I vote we should have a 'biz bingo' - based on 'bullshit bingo' or 'buzzword bingo' (pic related, google either)

You get points for how many memes you trigger

good counterpoints, I'm reading these now

Forgot pic

trolls dont get (You)s after this post

I am probably the coolest guy to work with. I am friendly, polite, personable and easy going. I go out of my way to make other people look good. When people come to me for help, I help them, when they need advice, I give it to them. No bullshit, no hidden agenda. This is because I value my job, I value the company I work for, and most of all I value my own reputation. This approach has gotten me far in my career. I am usually the first to recieve promotions or raises and have had no problem with getting glowing references when I wanted to switch companies or jobs.

With that being, when I feel like someone at work is doing what you are attempting to do? I bulldoze the fuck over them. I am smarter, more resourceful, more charismatic and trustworthy, and just more cutthroat than you. I can see you coming from a mile away. Usually all I need to do us give you enough rope to hang yourself. People like you will never get anywhere in life. It's not because "bad" people can't make it to high positions either. Its because you personally, are not smart enough to pull it off.

Don't Kruger-Dunning all over yourself.

If you think you're pretty hot shit...you're probably not.

ive considered this, its why deception was the focus of my thread

for my part, I'm a hardworking goody two shoes who genuinely has peoples best interest at heart. until recently I've been a go-with-the-flow grind stone kind of worker.

I literally threw up blood this morning because I was dehydrated from a 27 hour weekend at work with 5 minutes to eat my two lunches over the course of the 14 and 13 hour day. I have a large burn from a machine, but by god I filled that order before I iced the motherfucker.

i heard the argument presented that simply being an exemplar is not enough to prevent you from being targeted by the truly devious for exploitation and elimination.

im trying to set up a proactive stratagem that will allow me to negotiate with the state of things on my terms.

Ah but I have proof. I've had dozens of people like fuckstick OP trying to sabotage my career and take my job. The proof? I'm still here and they aren't.

Honestly, you want to get ahead in the business world, just fucking ask. I had an intern come to me who had a desire to be mentored and I took him under my wing. Now he makes the same amount that some of the consultants I hire with 20 years of experience make. Trying to be sneaky or manipulative is just going to piss people off. OP has enemies for a reason.

If you really mean this then see this?

Don't do this. If your workplace is that terrible and your employees are scum, just leave. Why suffer under those conditions?

As pollyanna as that guy sounded, he's mostly right. Doing your job usually trumps any office politics.

If working where you are sucks, just do what you can to spiff up the resume and find another job. It's easier and take less energy.

I didn't want to reveal more than I have to, but i'll say this much, I genuinely enjoy the place at which i work, I love most of the people I work with, I appreciate the people with whom I don't have a cherished relationship and I feel like I receive the same.

however, there is one crappy manager that is very good at pushing people out, has been shooting our company in the foot by using underhanded ways to eliminate people I like without and having to suddenly replace them with trainees

now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure what their motives are... i have speculated but I dont have anything concrete

pic related for the blood etc, i cleaned it up btw

i want whats best for our company, yet i'm confronted with something that's usually outside my purview -- cutthroat intrigue

I thought this was pretty good advice, you should make your own thread imo where it wont be lost on idiots like the op.

I put bugs in every higher up office in my work place.

I haven't used the info for anything, but it helps me understand how they work and fall in their graces

When would you even have time to listen? 5x speed on the weekends?

I kept getting access to my boss's password, then emailed it to loss prevention, claiming that he was having us approve our own timesheets (fake email obviously)

It caused a big stink. All the employees were interrogated. I think they may have suspected me due to my tech skills, but ether way the my manager got canned.

>no nukes
>no millitary
>no resources
>no independance

Ok whatever you say pedro