decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Are all the La Nuit flankers poor longevity wise? Was thinking of sampling L'intense, given the floral powdery vibe seems like a nice alternative to DHI.

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

L'Homme Ultime has strong performance and lasts 8+ hours in my experience. The other L'Homme flankers vary and have been reformulated, so your experience may vary depending on date of production.

Is Creed raising their prices on all their frags, or just Aventus? I can get MI 120ml for 215.00 CAD, I'm wondering if I should get a backup bottle now or not. I'm down to about 1/4 of my bottle now, so I will need one soonish anyway.

why are all there bottles so fucking hideous

Best I ever had

is scent samples UK legit?

check out bond no 9 bleecker street

Yeah, got several samples from there

What's a good smelling male antiperspirant that isn't too expensive?
Is this the right thread for this?

Recommend me a fragrance that comes to mind from pic related

If you mean body sprays, then nothing. Body sprays are what you wear when you're in high school and can't afford a decent cologne. They all smell like candy-sweet synthetic garbage.

You're much better off with an unscented deodorant and wearing a proper fragrance of some sort. Not bullying, just trying to give honest advice.

No I meant stick antiperspirant.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know a fragrance that smells like this?
These are ingredient s from the website which I guess would also be part of the scent: Citrus Flavonoids, Ginger Root, Nettle Extract and Oleanic Acid.

Does anybody know of a reputable sample website that SHIPS TO FUCKING EUROPE?

Thinking about copping this along with lalique white for an early birthday present to myself. Anyone have any experience with this two frags?

Mitchum unscented roll on.

yes. my dick grew 3 millimeters and i lost my virginity twice. it smells like petrol. women seem to like it.

I use nose.fr

notino

>no escentric

Any good Margiela frag?

Jazz club I guess?
Smells pretty nice but the range never strikes me as particularly luxurious or high quality fine fragrance.

Young Male in the SE USA. Looking for a nice scent for dates and special occasions. Preferably

>check out bond no 9 bleecker street
>this kills the man

>petrol
I think you have this confused with Fahrenheit, friend. Sauvage smells like fruits, pepper, and salty ambery woods. So basically like a barbershop

Where the fuck are you shopping m8? Those are some TJ Maxx tier fragrances. Go ahead and buy what pleases your nose, but you should start by locating your nearest Sephora and at least sniffing the essential men's fragrances listed in the OP image.

25/m

How can I smell like a sleazy cocktail lounge for

Male
Humid part of US
Looking for a Fresh-citrus, preferably with amber and musk mixed in, I'd also like wood or cypress if possible.
Hopefully under $75, but I'm willing to do ≤$100/mL if it's a much better quality increase
This will be a staple for the rest of summer and slightly into fall
I'd probably want to order online because I live in a very rural community.
I want this to be a lighthearted, easygoing, and friendly everyday scent

A guy kept posting razorock in the last thread, is this a meme/shill, or are these actually worth it?

Pretty sure he was just memeing. None of those super cheap frags are good. Some of them may smell decent enough, but they don't last at all. I have a couple of those 8.00 Cuba frags, and they're not bad, but they're gone in 30 minutes. I basically just use them for sleeping in.

Jesus the new pricing on Aventus is pants-on-head retarded.
>3.3 oz Tester
>$266
I paid $200 flat for a 4 ounce Tester last year. Aventus isn't even that special or novel anymore, so where do Creed get off on the huge markup? Between the price gouging and unpredictable quality control, I hope they fade back into obscurity.

opinions on tres nuit?

Bottle is cheaply made. Scent comes fairly close to GIT, but does not last. Cool Water is probably better.

I figured something like this. I'm always skeptical when a knock-off mfg claims to offer "the same thing" for

Does Nordstrom give out samples the way Sephora does?

Their new pricing is literally Roja Dove level. Do they really think people are going to pay those prices for a bottle of Aventus when there are a bunch of clones that are 80% or so similar?

I want to buy this, but I'm scared that it might smell the same as Cool Water. I heard the 2 are kinda alike... Anyone here has any experience?

I much prefer the eau savage parfum.

I like Bulgari man-- perfect for a date. Very sensual.

What's a good fresh ocean like frangrence? Price isn't an issue if it's under $150

Yeah, I mean some of those frags can be decent frags for what they are, but they always smell more synthetic, less refine, and don't have comparable performance. Like, those Cuba frags, I don't mind drenching myself in the stuff to get decent performance, because they're 8.00. I don't claim that they're near-Creed quality, though.

They're fun, silly frags to wear around the house or to run errands or whatever. They're not gonna replace your bottle of GIT or Aventus.

the GOAT

Tres nuit has more fruity and soapy (like mugler cologne) notes in it. Not as sharp green spicy like coolwater.

HEELEY Sel Marin
Imaginary Authors Every Storm a Serenade
Tokyo Milk Marine Sel

Ironically Roja Dove genuinely has one of the lowest price markup %s in the industry.

Where to cop cedar cologne?

Delicious

>TJ Maxx tier
No denying their usual selection isn't the greatest, but I have bought some great frags on the cheap from there, Marshall's and Ross over the years: Guerlain Vetiver, Bugari Black, 360º Black/Red fM, Burberry London fM, Cool Water, Cuba/Cubano Gold, Escada Homme, Giorgio for Men, I-12, Z-14, Quorum, Set Sail St. Barts fM, Yatagan... The list can go on...

any spice or woody scent you guys recomend.?

Terre d'Hermes does great in the heat and humidity. Also Live Jazz is worth checking out. And of course the classic very similar neroli/citrus based trio starting with 4711 if you want to go cheap and don't mind reapplying, Ferrari Bright Neroli in the middle with very good performance and Neroli Portofino on the high end, which also performs well, but isn't worth the premium to me.

Good Lord

Mine used to have empty atomizers just like Sephora's old ones out in bowls and it was self-serve. You'd think it would be easy to not get juice all over your fingers doing that. Haven't seen them last couple times I went, but I didn't ask.

i just bought it. bottle is cheap. smell is nice. can't compare to cool water or GIT because I've never owned either one.

>Do they really think people are going to pay those prices for a bottle of Aventus when there are a bunch of clones that are 80% or so similar?

Yes they do and yes people will pay that much for the real thing. They only reason they would consider marking up the prices even more is if they're already making a killing off of the already ridiculously overpriced cologne.

just bought a 4oz bottle for $270, good times :(

>Smell near-empty aventus tester at Saks
>Smells amazing, like the sample I had bought before
>Lady brings out new tester to give me a sample to take home
>Smells like the "bad batch" I wound up returning

So, DOES Aventus actually need time/air to smell good? The one that had been out for a while smelled vibrant and powerful, the other tester they had waiting smelled creamy and lame.

22 y/o male looking for a spring and summer fragrance, niche or designer for everyday wear. I want something to suit what I wear, which mainly black/grey minimalist stuff. Mysterious and dark vibe seems impossible in the warm weather. My winter scents are Tom Ford noir extreme, Dior homme parfum, Bvlgari man in black, tobacco vanille.

Bulgari aqua amara or acqua di gio profumo

Aventus or MI? I like MI better, but the performance is awful.

I like MI better, plus women seem to love it, even moreso than Aventus. Depends on the batch, but I find the performance really isn't that bad. It's not a beast, but it's sufficient in my opinion.

It's also cheaper than Aventus, so there's that.

Yes, I have experienced this with Aventus, Millesime Imperial, and also Royal Water to a lesser extent. For some reason, fresh bottles of Creed don't smell "correct" until they get a bit of air in them. The first thing I did with my second full 4oz tester of Aventus was fill a 5ml decant and set both the decant and the fresh bottle aside for a month before use.

Yeah, that's definitely true. The 4 oz is 80 dollars less than the 3.3 oz of aventus. After reading the reviews, it seems like the 2017 batches of Aventus are really goddamn lame, too.

Interesting...might have to pick up a 2.5 oz later, then. I wonder if that's where the negative reviews of 2017 batches are coming from?

Ive been using shit tier(?) Lacoste Essential for a while cause im a newfag so help me out and can anyone recommend something that smells similar? Price is pref

Thanks man, I just don't want people thinking I'm wearing cool water

I honestly notice this with many of my fragrances. They don't have the correct scent/longevity to them until the bottle gets a slight dent in it. Is this a thing for anyone else?

>Friend of mine smells consistently good
>Finally ask what he is wearing
>"Instinct by David Beckham"

Where do you test lower end colognes? Or should I just stop being a huge faggot and spend 15 dollars on a bottle?

You might as well. I mean, worst case scenario, you just use it as a room spray. It's not like you're losing much at those prices.

Get a fucking Armaf already, goddamn

This. Noticed this with soooo many fragrances. In the beginning I thought it was because I needed to give the scent some time to "grow on me". But your explanations sounds more plausible.
Especially with La Nuit and club de nuit intense I noticed that they smell way better after a week in the shelf. Even better if you decant them, way more richer that way.

Scentology. You can find it in malls, they have 20-30 dollar fragrances out for testing like Individuel, all the Arabic clones and Insurrections, Nautica, etc.

I had the same thing with BdC. I was even considering returning it because I could spray 5-6 times and it was gone in 2 hours but now (maybe 1/8 bottle used) it lasts whole day.

Who else here gets only compliments from MALES when wearing Aventus/CDNIM? Most girls here just think it smells ok, but I've got some fucking ridiculous compliments from my male friends

Need a rec for a gift to friend of mines, she dont likes anything overly floral, fruity or citrusy...
The ones she uses most are Black xs for her and lady million prive...
23ys btw, 150 is my wallet limit.

any frags that have a wild west vibe for a 24yr old most of the ones I find remind me of really old men. ive been watching Westworld and no country for old men. it got me thinking about blending tech with ranch/cowboy stuff I'm a helicopter/rotary pilot with a small cattle operation in Florida (hot and humid).

what if you could only choose 1 scent to wear for every season for the rest of your life.... what would you pick?

I like it old and cheap and cheerful.
spring -eau sauvage by dior
summer -4711 original eau de cologne maurer & wirtz
autumn -grey flannel by g. beene
winter -aramis by aramis

I bought BdC recently and I have only used it 5 times so far. The projection and longevity are bad. I hope with more usage longevity gets better as you said.

Yup. I get the occasional fraghead compliment me when I wear Aventus, am yet to have a girl compliment me on it. MI, however, girls seem to love.

You can just spray out a small amount ( like I said maybe about 1/10-1/8 of a bottle - you're not getting anything out of it anyway if it performs like shit) and let it sit for week, then try it out.

EDT or EDP?

I ain't supporting that La Nuit shit. Seems like everyone speaks well of it while not mentioning the damn year. Seriously it's probably watered down and a scam at this point. Sold good shit, then realized they could fool morons because of dated reviews.

Anyways I bought Obsession Night For Women and Dark Obsession for men. First two real fragrances I bought. Old Spice swagger sprays in the fat container back before reformulation was good for the high school me. Obsession night was a bottle gifted to me in high school and I used it till it fell off my desk.

What would he wear?

I don't even know where to begin pointing out what's wrong with this post.

Since he worked in the food service industry, something light and tasteful. I'd say Eau Sauvage.

Funny we are talking about shows, cause I'm on S04E13 of The Americans and the vial of super virus is a fragrance sample vial, likely a 0.7ml vial from Lucky Scent.

I love when I see frag stuff in movies and TV. I'll make it a point when I see a bottle of something I recognize in the background, I'll take a screen shot.

What was your experience with new Aventus? How long did it take for it to get good? The sample is painfully lame, starts with sharp pineapple for about 30 seconds, then devolves into weak pineapple and pure vanilla for about 30 minutes, then goes into that beautiful classic Aventus drydown for another 30, then fucking dies. I've got my nose to my wrist and I can barely fucking smell it. Was your experience similar? Anyone else have this happen?

Post them, sounds super interesting actually

IKR? Alas I don't think it happens too often, so please chip in. The only time I ever did it was during Intolerable Cruelty. Don't recognize any of them by shape.

I know you can check whether you have the good version of it, but most people won't bother.

be warned because what im about to tell you is about to trigger a lot of the cdnim fags so inb4 buyers remorse, wasted money etc
aventus was my first niche frag and i blind bought a 4.2 oz for my first experience. when i first smelled it i was immediately disappointed, it just smelled like harsh greenery. i walked out of my house with a few sprays on and i immediately got the wafts of pineapple and thought 'ah okay this is what everyone's after.' i immediately got the blast of pineapple with a super masculine undertone. i think if you're just dabbing from a vial, it won't do it any justice, creed sprayers spray a lot even after the firehose sprayer was removed, so you need a couple sprays from an actual decant atomizer. as to the longevity i really can't smell it after 2 hours but i've gone to school for 8 hours, came home, slept and went out again and got compliments at night. if you wanna smell nice to everyone around you, aventus is for you. if you want to smell nice for yourself, aventus is not for you. olfactory fatigue is very real and aventus is a prime culprit of it.

See, I had a sample before, too, an official Aventus sample with the card and everything as opposed to one decanted by a Saks person from a new bottle and it smelled different. It was a big blast of birch, pineapple and that amazing ambergris. As the sample aged, it got even better, so it makes me wonder if it's age or just shitty new batches that make it so different.

Fuck, why does getting this frag have to be so stressful? Surely there could be at least some attempt at consistency on the part of creed, this is crazy. Aging determining quality, crazy batch variations, insanely greedy business practices...ugh.

Although it has gotten better over time, I still think my second bottle of Aventus is not as nice as my first bottle was. I gave that first bottle away to my father in 2015 with about 60% left in it and haven't checked up on it in a while. I recall it having a richer blackcurrant note and a smoother birch than I got in bottle no. 2. Maybe next time I visit the parents for dinner I will bring my current bottle for an A-B comparison.

My experience with inconsistencies in Aventus and other Creed perfumes helped drive me towards Bond no. 9. I've purchased 3 bottles of The Scent of Peace fH and all have been perfect from the start with no variation in scent or potency. I still wear Aventus from time to time, but since I copped all of its alternatives and clones I'm more of an Aventus-and-friends sort of guy at this point. That is, I rotate through Scent of Peace, Cedrat Boise, Pineapple Vintage / Noir, and Aventus. There are several quality choices in the category that come with lower price tags and less worry.

I prefer Heritage, but the citrus notes in pic related make it wearable even during summer.

i cant comment on batch variations. i have 2 bottles and i went through another 30 ml decant and they've all been the exact same. i would say its bullshit but if you and others think its spotty, who am i to say youre wrong

EDP

Why do people still meme the EdP version? I'm glad I went with a 5oz bottle of the EdT.

What do you do with vials of fragrance? Do I just like pour it on my hands and rub it all over me or something?

You do the ol' wrist application.

kek

This is my first first fragrance (I'm new to /frag/ threads) and luckily I got the smallest bottle (1.7 oz) in case I got bored of it. I hope it gets better with time as other anons said.