Tell about soviet fashion pls

tell about soviet fashion pls.
>jeans were banned
thats all I know

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fashion_in_the_Soviet_Union
youtube.com/watch?v=QSc3uk8Q5w4
rbth.com/arts/2014/09/16/worth_going_to_prison_for_getting_hold_of_jeans_in_the_ussr_39833.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WoxOIEzmGzg
youtube.com/watch?v=zwFC626lRT4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilyagi
diletant.media/articles/26699480/
youtube.com/watch?v=mY-9PxzyAJE
youtube.com/watch?v=0Jfgf-IWulI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Knorozov
amazon.com/Breaking-Maya-Code-Third-Michael/dp/0500289557
amazon.com/Serpent-Rainbow-Scientists-Astonishing-Societies/dp/0684839296
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whatevers in the flea market

What's harder to get rid of - fleas or bedbugs?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fashion_in_the_Soviet_Union
>During the Stalin era, anti-fashion sentiments dissipated. Party-sanctioned magazines now promoted fashion and beauty as necessary parts of a Soviet woman’s life.

Best era

youtube.com/watch?v=QSc3uk8Q5w4

ITT: using the free market to make it look like you didn't use the free market.....

Thats sound pretty cool

It's dank AF, THE FREE MARKET RULEZ.

Bedbugs, assuming you're not a dog

>free market
>a bunch of fast fashion shit made by third world slaves

>implying their government doesn't have a massive part in said slavery
>implying they'd still be used if business weren't taxed up the ass
>implying any markets are actually free

Where can I get a coat like the one top right

how does it feel to be retarded in 2017

Lots of clothes were contraband cause were illegal like jeans

yeah my great grandpappy said that if you wore anyform of clothing whatsoever the commisar would comee out and shoot you. rip the gorrilion lost

I was 12 when we emigrated from USSR in 1989, so pretty aware, in grade 6.

Ask me

Me I was raised in the former German town called Memel, now Lithuania. It's a port town and so we had access to Western shmata and the atmosphere was pretty lax. We also had much more food, meat and stuff than Soviet Russia.

Jeans were never actually "banned", it's just that they were barely present in legal market. But in the 70's ugly Soviet-made and European (mostly Italian) jeans appearead in the stores. However, jeans from American brands like Lee, Levis or Wrangler were still a luxury and were only sold on the black market.

rbth.com/arts/2014/09/16/worth_going_to_prison_for_getting_hold_of_jeans_in_the_ussr_39833.html
but here says you could lose your job or even gtfo from your university

shoes? What clothes were they wearing?

I was 12 you idiot. I didn't know shit about fashion.
All the cool kids had Adidas track suits and Velcro sneakers.

I'd say it's seriously exaggerated.
Just search for videos of everyday life if you're interested in how people dressed back then.
youtube.com/watch?v=WoxOIEzmGzg

>this entire thread

Hope you commie faggots like helicopter rides

Soviet TV 1987

youtube.com/watch?v=zwFC626lRT4

were talking about Veeky Forumsshion not about /pol/itics. just hide the thread

Does OP want to know how normal people dressed in late USSR or is he more interested in how the low-ranking commie cultists dressed in the early days?

>temporarily embarrassed millionaires think they'd be lords and knights if it wasn't for the (((deep state)))
>b-but crony capitalism isn't REAL capitalism
>t. new money cuck

Soviet people who cared about fashion made their own clothes DIY from own fabric and took it to either the local atelier, which were everywhere, same as cobblers, etc. or outright seamstressed their own shmata.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilyagi

I wish there were more images of this online... the only stuff in color seems to be stills from some movie made in 2008 and I can't trust that they had a particularly good/accurate costuming dept.

These were just found off of google images.... maybe one day I'll try and dig around a little for more

Also, Das Leben der Anderen, which takes place in 70s East Germany, has FANTASTIC costuming (in addition to being a fantastic film), so I'm going to dump a few stills from that

diletant.media/articles/26699480/

Moscow subway, 1935.

Moscow, 1974

circa 1970s

yoooo thanks man

I also just remembered the Neue Slowenische Kunst movement, which (as I understand it) was some sort of "ironically" fashy Slovene art collective? Technically not Soviet thanks to old Tito but still behind the iron curtain. They seem to have had really excellent fits.

Got a poster of this baby when I was in Ljubljana a month ago... one of my most prized possessions

How these guys were able to get away with LARPing as Nazis in Yugoslavia is beyond me...

Auktyon soviet post punk band from late 80s
youtube.com/watch?v=mY-9PxzyAJE

kill yourself

Famous photo of Joanna Stingray and her husband Yuri Kasparyan his was guitarist of Kino( cult rock group in soviet ) There also Viktor Tsoi ( one that squatting ) leader of Kino and Boris Grebenshchikov ( another cult rock musician )

What does it say?

this is amazing, obviously a bit lo fi but still

They want visas to go to Israel.

Jeans themselves weren't banned; there were soviet made jeans, but import of american levi's etc were banned

Nigger why'd you saw ask me if you're gonna throw a bitch fit "you idiot"

Just post Viktor Tsoi already

youtube.com/watch?v=0Jfgf-IWulI

>i'm too dumb to be useful or successful so no one else can be either!
t. leftist

Yuri Knorozov, the brilliant Russian ethnographer and linguist who almost singlehandedly discovered how to decipher ancient Mayan script, seems extremely fashionable to me. Or at least he was an extremely charismatic loner genius who was evil as fuck looking. Even his damn cat is effay.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Knorozov

this is my aesthetic

Wow. I wonder if he was aware of how stereotypically evil he looked.

>leftism is enforced equality
t.classcuck

this is Adrian Arcand levels of vampirism aesthetic.

I was in a used bookstore and I came across this book:

amazon.com/Breaking-Maya-Code-Third-Michael/dp/0500289557

And to be honest, the only reason I bought the book and read it was because when I flipped through the pages I saw that photo of him holding his dearly beloved cat. It's a good book, but it focuses on the deciphering of Mayan hieroglyphs, and not entirely on Knorosov himself. Plus, he lived in Leninist Russia, so all the Cold War paranoia and propagandha shit made a lot of the details about his life kind of unsure. But he always looked like that though, even when he was little kid believe it or not. He was in WWII, but there was a bunch of debate about what he did and what kind of horrible shit he saw, and then later when the Russian government finally let him go to Guatemala and Mexico to study this stuff up close, there were these Nazi-esque death squads that tried killing him because they harbored intense hatred of Mayan culture, and he was viewed as someone who was championing them on the world stage. So he had to hide out in Latin America from these people, and conduct his work that way. There are photos of him all maimed and fucked-up looking with kind of a bandage over one eye, not really an eye-patch, but kind of suggestive of that. But he wasn't permanently disfigured, because there are photos of him as a really old dude, and he looked great. Same as in that picture basically. It's known that he was kind of wild and hyper-intelligent as a youth, and into poetry and stuff like that. I don't know, I think someone made a documentary about either about him, or probably just about the Mayan civilization itself and Knorozov's kind of Rosetta Stone translation type activies. I don't know if it's any good or not.

I don't usually write such long-ass posts, and this is completely off the subject 100%, but if you ever want to read a straight-up killer non-fiction book about a truly mind-blowing archaeologist, track down this book:

I kid you not, that book is over-the-top great. You won't even eat or sleep once you start reading it. The made a movie out of it, but the book is way more fun and mind warping

damn he was cool.