pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

QoTD: Do you take cold showers for their skin benefits?

What I do is turn the temperature cold at the very end of the shower to rinse my face after cleansing. My regular shower temperature is warm (not hot).

Does anyone know the difference between CeraVe's regular moisturizing lotion and their AM/PM ones? Why are the AM/PM ones five times as expensive?

Accutane is the only way to fix adult acne if you don't want to have to deal with it for several years.

AM has sunscreen in it.
Not sure about the PM.

Actually, I just checked out the ingredients and the AM/PM moisturizers both have niacinamide while the "daily" moisturizing lotion doesn't.
Maybe I ought to buy a big thing of the daily lotion and TO's niacinamide serum, and save some money.

reposting what worked for me

I have a chemical exfoliant and I have salicylic acid pads. Can I use the exfoliant before the pads or is that too much for skin?

I started getting acné on face the 2nd day after shaving. Don't know if related but I'm using rogaine 5‰ on my face every now and then. How can I stop this from happening ?

probably ingrown hairs rather than acne. Shower or hold a hot towel on your face for a few minutes before shaving, make sure your razor is sharp, shave with the grain

-Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips

>Face
I use retin-a .0125% 5 days a week
I exfoliate excess skin with a Korean Italy towel and black African soap

- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
I don't have acnes
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
Tbh I can use any soap and it's fine so long as I use an oil after

- How to improve your skin tone through diet
Beta Carotene change skin pigmentation giving flow
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
Eh, never experienced this
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients
Sleep doesn't effect skin

Sun on my skin created deep layers of pigmentation that create "murky" skin colouration. Exfoliation lifts that pigment create clear skin.

Anyways I use a 20% Lactic acid lotion I DIY on body for 3 days, exfoliate with a Korean Italy towel on the 4th day and then skin build with Shea butter for two more days.

On my elbows, finger and to joints and knees I use a 40% skin peel. Which I then keep LA lotion away from as it peels on its own.

I am incorporating Vitamin C and Niacinamide serums I made along with a kojic acid soap to further exfoliation.

If you decide to go this route insure you can properly PH test as well as neutralize it.

Any of you guys seen a change in acne based off of masturbation habits?
I have not fapped in two weeks, and on top of being hungry as fuck for every chick I speak to my acne has unfortunately flared up. Would like to nofap for a while longer because I enjoy the challenge and sexual appetite I develop, but I just wanna know if anyone actually has any experience with nofap improving skin.
I really need to lose this shit and get laid before university.

>Personally, I don't think I have.

Anyone else have/had cystic acne on their jawline? It's not really too visible on the surface. I've been on accutane before and it helped a lot but these sort of came back. How to get rid of? would appreciate.

Also, this guide needs something for acne scarring.

Can someone redpill me on milk? I love milk and I don't want to stop drinking it. Would be a shame if I had to stop.

there is a big section on it in the sticky.
the studies there are more reliable than anything you can get in a "redpill me on x" Veeky Forums post.

cows distill all of the pesticides from crops they eat in addition to the milk being specifically designed to grow baby cows with hormones.

I downgraded my jawline acne from cystic to pustular, but it's not gone yet.
>Combination skin, acne only appears in dry areas including jawline
>Stopped taking hot showers, is me
>Change pillowcase nightly
>Cerave hydrating cleanser 2x/day
>Cerave PM moisturizer 2x/day

Did you try any non-prescription topical retinoids?

do i cleanse then moisturize or moisturize then cleanse? Also before or after shower?

Any moisturizing body washes that you guys would recommend? My skin is always unbearably itchy coming out of the shower.

eye gel mask from MenScience - reduce puffy eyes
GEL Nettoyant Gommant Exfoliator - Sissely
Purifying Face Cleanser - Tom Ford
Lush Coal Face and Clinique's charcoal mask (Same thing really)
La Mer matte lotion (Pricey but worth it)
La Mer Gel Cream
Day - Lotus Face Treatment Oil and Night - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil (Both tighten skin and make that shit look sexy) by Clarins
MARIO BEDESCU LIP WAX
Tom Ford facial Bronzer
Tom ford eye fatigue cream
Kiehls Age Defender Eye Repair
Almond shower scrub from L’Occitane
Almond Shower Oil L'Occitane
Shaving cream by Aqua di parma
No. 88 Aftershave by czech & speak
Rockrose & Pine Hand Wash
l'occitane shea butter hand cream

and purifying facial toner

Guys all you have to do is stop exposing your skin to the sun. A month ago I stopped going outside during the day, and with only washing my face once every couple days, my acne completely went away. My skin has never been better.

Cleanse in the shower, then tone, moisturize last to seal it all in

This is so extremely overkill

I dont take cold showers unless it's really hot, but morning and night, I ice my face for 15-20 minutes.

My morning routine:

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

How do you ice your face exactly? I've been having trouble figuring out a way to get my whole face to contact an ice pack

I don't really have a routin goin, and I'd say my skin is pretty oily. I'm completely clueless when it comes to this stuff. H-halp plz?

read the sticky/faq

Why is my skin so pale? I use to tan so easily when I was younger but now I'm so white it looks like I'm sick.

How do I deal with the fact that my arms, body and face are three different shades? You might remember a post I made last thread, I think, and how I spend all day outside and finally taking precautions to protect myself. The problem is that the damage has been done. My arms are pretty brown and my face is visibly lighter than it.

Here it is with color correction

Bump

pale skin is effay
I also think it looks good on a really Veeky Forums guy

Pale looks gross man I don't wanna be pale. I am fit tho but still I think it's just unnatractive

i have acne scarring
is there any hope or should i just kill myself

professional dermabrasion and chem peels

need help, my diet is mostly great, I drink tons of water, i've changed my washing detergent to fragrance free, wash my pillow cases, cleanse1-2 times a day depending on dryness and use a toner and moisturizing serum/lotion but i've had this same shitty breakout for weeks. I havent had any acne since I stopped eating dairy and now I have a bunch of tiny bumps across my forehead and deeper pimples on my right cheek mainly. I don't know what else I can do and I have important shit to do in a week that I don't want acne for

Are you using hot water? If so stop and use roomtemp.

I have shitty dry skin too and live in a desert. I prefer to mix liquid Castile soap with some coconut oil and dilute it, and then apply lotion straight out of the shower.

But putting any oil like vitamin D, olive or coconut oils into a body wash should do the trick. The sensitive skin dove bar is also good if you need something quick. Too much could lead to body acne, depending on your skin so start out light with the mixture and see how it goes.

Morning:
Wash warm
CeraVe moisturizing cleanser, if I feel like I need it.
Neutrogena hydro-something face moisturizer in a jar

Night:
Shower
Sponge scrub
CeraVe moisturizing cleanser
Neutrogena night cream
Triamcinolone ointment for eczema and redness around the eyes when it flares

Acne:
Tea tree oil as needed, and it goes away quickly.

Considering heavier moisturizers and eye cream, because my skin is so dry and looks like it belongs on an old person. Cleansing twice a day makes it dry too

I have pretty bad scarring on my face. Dermal rolling and vitamin c serum have helped a lot. Subcision and fractal laser seem promising too, haven't tried them personally though

No I actually use cool water but thanks for the suggestions user.

How do I stop my skin from being so shiny? This shit fucking sucks.

Gonna need to see a pic your twilight vampire skin

Same question. Mines not as bad as yours, but last year I started wearing long sleeves any time I'm outside and that has helped slightly

I'll see if I can take one sometime later

Fuck, I'm going to have to go on prednisone soon. I've been on it before and I know it's going to worsen my acne.
I was going to wait to buy an AHA (I wanted to test some more cleansers first in case I stumbled upon a holy grail), but maybe I should buy it immediately? It should be safe to use, right?

Pale looks amazing, especially on fit guys.

Anyway, might be vitamin deficit. Get some Vit D.

I recently started to use AHA + BHA every other day and it cleared out my skin a lot. I use the CosRX ones. They're pretty affordable and have been very effective.

Just remember to use a good sunscreen in the morning.

It'll work, but over the course of time your skin will get resistant to the chemicals, your acne will come back, and your skin will dramatically thin out and wrinkle.

Wow, how much much would you guess you spend a year on skin care?

He's probably memeing, either that or he's genuinely rich. Those aren't the sort of products autistic perfectionists would use on their skin, they're what rich people would put in their bathrooms solely to add conspicuous consumption to one more dimension of their lives.

Anyone use aliexpress for skincare products?

>boss asked me to help him get clean and clear skin
>asked him his skincare routine
>he doesnt use cleansers
>instead uses ST. IVES SCRUB as his cleanser everyday night and day
>wont listen to my plea to even just do the basic like double cleanse (he also wear CC creams)

>Tea tree oil
ESTROGEN

Is it true that retinol can end up aging you?
I'm almost 26 and I wanna keep using it but I'm scared it will do more damage in the long run.
Also just picked up Sunday Riley Good Genes at Sephora today, for VIB Rouge they were offering 20$ off 100$ so I finally was able to get it.

What's the best product for blackheads?

Aha or bha

Not skincare related but how do you get better eyebrows? Mine are sparse.

i stopped eating dairy for around 10 days and my skin totally cleared up, then i went back to eating shit and it went back

>take accutane
>get horribly depressed and barely make it though my classes
>worth it tho because my hideous cystic acne is gone

>fast forward two months
>acne is back, but it's only tiny red dots on my cheeks
>have to wash face three times a day or it gets noticeable
has anyone else had acne come back after taking accutane?

I'm a really fidgety person. Does anyone have advice on how I can stop touching my face all the time?

fidget spinner, the most Veeky Forums accessory

Castor oil!

Does Coco butter help with removing dark spots? If not any alternatives, possibly home remideis

No but I heard diluted lemon juice does ~

What about apple cider solution?

I'm using pic related in my routine and was wondering if you guys only apply it to your face after a shower (and cleanser/toner) or do you cover your entire body in it? Mostly I'm wondering if it would help with backne and chest acne.

Thanks guys

Moisturizers won't really help against any type of acne

If you use lemon juice, be sure to also use sunscreen because lemon makes your skin more vulnerable to sun damage

You can, but that's a bit costly.
Cleanse, tone and moisturize. The moisturizer won't really help reduce acne, but it helps cover up after stripping the oils from your face, and makes it softer and looking nicer.

I slab CeraVe lotion all over myself after I shower because it's one of those small, simple things that makes me feel good. Thankfully Sam's club has it in the pump tubs for only $17-18.

Get a basic ring and play with it on your finger. Or earring.

How do you manage your skincare while travelling?

I am taking a lot of flights lately and I can't bring my 105 steps skincare in my carry on, but my face gets extremely dull and I always break out while I'm away which isn't really ideal either.
I'm travelling every 2-3 weeks and it takes me 10 days to get my skin back to clean when I get home.

Going to try this out since all these products are pretty easily found and affordable. On the days you use the mask, where in the routine do you use it? After cleanser/timer and then wash it off before moisturizer?

Please someone help me.
I sleep 8 hours+ a night and drink plenty of water.

stop being a gook also consider sunglasses or normal glasses

Apart from retinoids, which prescription acne treatments are worth looking into? My dermatologist suggested Aczone for example.

My skin gets lighter and I don't get whiteheads when I stop fapping.

I seriously can't trust any products anymore. Everything I've used made me break out. My acne has pretty much gone away, but I still have greasy, spotty skin. So I try a product every now and then and without fail, I break out and have to deal with it for weeks.

I'm new to all this face skin care and so far all I'm using is cliniques 3 step acne system and some goldbonds lotion before I leave the house. How pleb am I?

I have a small, penny-sized red patch on my hairline and another on my neck that have both been there for at least 6 months. They're not dry; in fact, I don't think there's any noticeable difference between the texture of the patches and the texture of the surrounding skin. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them?

Usually I just put on the mask for a couple minutes in the shower after cleansing. It makes your skin really tingly so just wash it off when you start to feel uncomfy.

I know how you feel, man. This is what I found worked for my ultra sensitive skin: the bioderma specifically is designed for making your skin less reactive. If you find that you have breakouts even after cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and following the tips, you probably have deep cystic acne that products can't touch. Do you get hard, painful lumps on your skin? Does clear fluid come out when you squeeze it? I'm just assuming you pick at it, don't test that if you don't already

Oil blotting paper with some powder

Does moisturising face actually prevent pimples or is it a meme? And how much

I have the same, I think it's from staring at a computer screen for hours every day.

Does occasionally using a concealer warrant extra washing in the evening? I usually just use water and skip the cleanser at evenings.

I just recently bought the Oil-Free Acne Wash and the Mask product the other day

am I able to apply the mask right after using the first product? I would like to apply the mask right before bed directly after a cleanse

>used to cleanse 2x/day, moisturise 2x/day, SA, BHA, etc
>constantly temperamental skin
>went hiking for 3 days & didnt do any of that
>beautiful skin

now all I do is cleanse & moisturise before bed, wash face with warm/cold water in the morning and after eating. I use epiduo on problem areas once every 3 days

check diet?

I did two sessions of accutane and acne STILL come back, they have decreased greatly though. Stop drinking milk and try again. In the end It's worth.

Had almost no acne, gave in and ate a whole fucking Ben & Jerry Choclate Fudge. Fuck my life I'm gonna have the worst outbreak tomorrow :(

Any way to mitigate it?

Eh, I'm honestly happy with my skin atm. After living with bigass boils all over my entire face, this is perfectly fine. I'm just gonna fix up my diet start using astringents and exfoliants and shit.

HAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
read the sticky, thats going to take a while

reducing consumption to small doses has had a significant effect on the clarity of facial skin

this is anecdotal evidence so take it as you will

Can I get away with using exfoliant just once a day or is it one of those things where if I don't use it twice I might as well not be using it at all?

Why are you exfoliating once a day? Twice a day? Hoping for you it's actually advertised as a daily formula. Enjoy your irritation and premature aging I guess.

Yeah the stuff I've got says use 1-2 times a day. I must have misread it because I thought it just said use twice so I guess there's my answer.

QoTD: I wash lukewarm because the plumbing for the shower where I live was done by illegals, and the cold water line needs an arrestor in order to flow and not sound like a jackhammer.

Tips for pilondial cysts? I've always taken care of my self more than any woman I've ever known but somehow I ended up with one of these things.
It's pissing me off, and it fucking hurts all of the time.

It hasn't come up to the surface yet and is growing fast.
Pretty sure it popped up after I started covering my whole body in lotion regularly.

would i get premature aging from using BHA once everyday?