Thinking about buying this mining rig, what do you bros think

Thinking about buying this mining rig, what do you bros think.

ebay.com/itm/179-MH-s-Ethereum-ETH-Mining-Rig-6-x-R9-390-8-GB-GPUs-IN-STOCK-/182126072265?hash=item2a678f51c9:g:ToEAAOSwlHRXIrNr

Other urls found in this thread:

genesis-mining.com
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6703JY7590&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>buying a rig

>"during the gold rush, the people selling the shovels became rich"

Most of Veeky Forums is outsourcing its rigs by renting commercial ones online. No setup, receive all functionality, electricity cost included, make basically the same profit.

An excellent investment

getting a rig set up and watching how slow mining is (compared to just buying ETH directly) has made my hands stronger.

if you own the iron you can't be cucked out of it tho.
more hassle less risk.

I don't pay the electricity bill, it's incuded in my rent. that's why I'm so interested.

i bet if you overshoot the typical expected use the landlord will have words with you.

most likely the landlord will thinks drugs are being manufactured

The apartment it would run at is unoccupied. That's a long story, so I'd imagine it'd run to about even.

wait... you rent an unoccupied apartment?
the fuck kind of business plan is that?

> those are xfxs (shittiest 390 on market) $280 - $300 each
> rig skeleton is $200 else where
> power supplies are $160 total
> mobo is $65 asrock cardboard mobo that have been known to fail
> ram is $20
> CPU is $50
> Risers $50
> HD is $20

Total: ~$2365

What the fuck are you paying for? Convince?

With what you've spent, I can build 3 rigs at 120 mh/s each.

360 vs 179...

You wont make your money back for at least 6 - 7 months. But with the 3 rigs I'd build, only take 4 - 5 months.

You're getting ripped. I'd recommend doing your research before hoping on the train.

THIS.

This was the info I was looking for, thanks. And I haven't bought it yet.

It's not my apartment, but I have access to it and it's unoccupied.

Additionally, what is the rig you would build. Thanks for your help friend.

>not my apartment, but I have access to it and it's unoccupied
that awfully sounds like theft of utilities and breaking and entering

>that awfully sounds like theft of utilities and breaking and entering

I'm the co signer on the lease.

how much $ worth will something like pic related mine per day roughly?

I can give you full specs.

But this info isn't free. As it has taken me countless hours to come up with it.

under $20 most likely

179 MH/s will gen you about $13 a day covering pwr.

That is off real world specs, not the calcs online. Calcs online are way off.

so roi is 1 year or half a year if you steal power.
pretty typical. btc was like thy pre-asic.

Ya but if you're dropping big Benjamins, you'll come out working at McDonalds.

you're better off buying 3k worth of ETH and holding.

Dumbass.

my thoughts
>autistic russian sperglord plans to move eth from gpu mining to some stock based consensus algorithm
>hurr quickly invest in mining rigs that have a couple of months to operate and a year of roi
>(in case the difficulty doesn't grow of course, oh wait)

Pretty much this. It's the reason so many people/companies are selling their rigs and mining power right now. If it was profitable they would be using them to mine for themselves. It's also making the assumption that the crypto they mine for a year will even maintain current prices and not tank. Too many risks which is why even altcoin mining is becoming a crapshoot.

Guess you don't understand ETH, but that's okay.

Eth's difficulty has already been pre-determined by calculations of PoW before PoS kicks in.

Tard.

Mining equipment is resellable for same price. May loose 10%, if that. Though you can make that back the first month. To top that off, big players are already dropping big money on mining ETH.

But keep it goin', saying there's no future.

If you don't want to make any money at all then buy it.

It's obviously not making him money at all or else he wouldnt be selling it.

Ironically, this is the absolute worst thing you can do. If you invest in a rig you can at least dedicate that rig to another crypto if eth tanks or at least resell the rig and recoup some losses. If you buy ether, on the other hand, once it tanks, the market just steals your money and you have no hope of ever seeing it again.

Mining ETH is pretty pointless. Just buy directly. By the time you've mined half of the amount you could have bought today POS would have kicked in and mining would end.

it doesn't really matter if the growth is predetermined or self adjusting you stupid cunt, the end result is momentary roi will not hold true over time.

why don't you go back to fondling yourself while sucking on your mommas titties?

This is the mindset of the altcoin slut. I've only ever believed in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Ethereum will not 'tank'. Even Bitcoin after all the legal and regulatory rape didn't really tank, you think a decentralised non-currency tech can tank? Whatever you say. If OP isn't a retard he'll buy now and just hold and not be a moron.

I'm guessing when the doc said you were going to be a retard, your mom took a chance. Look at where we are now.

>you think a decentralised non-currency tech can tank?
Lolyep. Name one reason why it is immune to tanking. I'll wait.

>*Inhales

HHHhMmmmmmmmmmMmMmmMmMMmmm

It's already established as the entity to bring about Web 3.0. Nothing else is doing that and nothing else can now that Ethereum came and did all this work first, Ethereum is here to stay.

Nope. Try again.

There is a limited quantity. Much like gold. It's easy to acquire. Easy to transfer. Easy to use. And big brother isn't faping to your taxes.

I mean srsly.

Nope. Try again.

You're a faggot. That's why.

You're clearly not a technical person, you're going to say nope to everything I can say. I'll enjoy looking back on the Veeky Forums archives 6-12 months from now and seeing retarded teenagers like you posting sadfrog.jpg greentext stories of regret.

Same shit happened on /g/ in 2010-2011 with Bitcoin. Months of depressed cunts posting about how they had the opportunity to buy Bitcoin when it was under $10.

Well he stopped posting after being called a faggot...

If anyone is interested in seeing a rig setup.

I'm still waiting for the reason why it is impossible for ethereum to tank...

My cardboard box miner makes high quality hashes.

What do you make per day from your rigs?

That's pretty legit. Didn't think about just using a cardboard box.

Yeh I just cut slots for the cards. I didn't feel like bothering with a case. I know a lot of people just zip tie the cards to something and call it a day. I have a friend who built his rigs into the bottom of a couple of chairs.

$4.5 a day

Just hooked up my other card. I'm calculating $6.5, but we'll see.

What pool are you using?

I use dwarfpool. Gotta help the little guys out.

What do you mean by helping the little guys out?

Every hash helps. Let's get them to 51%

Just got it actually.

I thought you meant the pool itself. But Dwarf pool is actually the biggest.

what kind or risers are you using ?

genesis-mining.com Much easier and better profit margins familia, use code 30KWsB for discount

You're a troll. You must be very new here if you think that attitude of yours will be taken seriously. If you want answers, you're on the internet, go read. I won't spoonfeed you information that you don't understand that you'll just slap away anyway.

I can't find a place on that page that tells me how much Ether I'm going to mine per timeunit in each of the different plans.
Mind helping me out?

Nope. Try again.

You guys really have no entrepreneurial spirit. What are you even doing on Veeky Forums?

During a gold rush, sell shovels.

100 MH/s for $3700?

With $3700 I can spit out 284 MH/s.

You crazy.

easily not worth shit if people lose interest.
rare pepes have all the qualities you listed.

when people dig for gold
sell shovels!

i'm guessing you are a 60iq subhuman mcfatty poorfag, but there is nothing i can do about it so who cares.

They're usb risers from newegg. Fuck some ribbon cable risers.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6703JY7590&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

just build one for 1/3 of the price

Ya, cause a rig with 7 GPUs that you control can only be used for mining ETH.

Come on kido.

you will forever remain a poorfag if you have so little business sense.

you are claiming you can beat most offers by double for the price. why are you not selling these rigs for a profit that comes immediately with little to no risk not x months later with a lot of uncertainty?

eBay has banned me for life for having to many cases open. I didn't know you weren't allowed to cancel orders that were already purchased. After even explaining, I wasn't offered a second chance.

Fuck. eBay.

If you have ideas on how I'd be able to sell em', let me know and I'll offer you a cut.

>eBay has banned me for life for having to many cases open
frankly i would just reg a new account.
if you have a friend who's address you can use it shouldn't be much trouble.

Wew lad it seems I need a miniHDMI cable for my brand spanking new 980i

What's that? OP is selling for only $10 and offers 1 Day Shipping for $29.99?
Good Deal OP! :^D My car is broken so you're a life saver!

>3 Days later
>"Seller has canceled this order"
"WHAT THE FUCK!!!"

Already tried. They linked my new account to my old one.

Some bullshit too. I had 92 rep and was selling left n' right on my original account. Funny thing is on my new account that got banned due to be linked, I owe them $1 and they're trying to threaten me with collections. Even sent me an e-mail saying how I'm such a valued eBay member and that I'll lose my selling/buying rights if I don't pay up. Oh now that I owe them money, they're looking to treat me kindly and care. baka.

Something needs to replace that shit auction site.

Anyways, since you're so enlightened on making money and selling, you should give me some ideas. As said before, I'll split profits.

>Something needs to replace that shit auction site.

OpenBazaar

Sounds like a personal problem.

Shouldn't be ordering $39.99 cables that you can get off Amazon for $8, when your car is broken.

Priorities bitch.

if i can't fool them with double regs (altho i would try a couple of times just in case, you know use a different browser, set up a new email and paypal with different card and an other address and phone, pretty much all info i gave to ebay is fake so it shouldn't be that hard) i would register on competitor sites like eBid or even Alibaba and also set up a direct buy webpage where people can buy the rig for bitcoins or even eth or even via paypal just in case someone feels adventurous.

if that doesn't work then find a re-seller and cut him in yeah.

Thank you.

Roughly 0.03 per MH per day

you have to pay the electricity bill, maintain the computer and have the noise and heat to deal with which will end up costing you a lot more than 3700

Mmmhmm

> pic related

House fan to cool rigs down is $100 a year...