Watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

Required viewings for fashion watch wearers:
youtube.com/watch?v=RYr-RiUbJkw

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BBcSQrD18f4
youtube.com/watch?v=EsO-i5nS1z0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W#Claimed_use_in_terrorism
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:IED_timers_that_use_Casio_F-91W
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you're not wearing a digital casio, you're doing something wrong

I agree and think everyone should have one 2bh

fucking lost my silver one, kill me

my daily wear

im close to buy dis

ITT junk nobody but newfags care about who get laughed at

this ones gross

Reposting:
Does someone know a good watch up to 500$ with a moonphase, roman numerals and gold case. Something vintage that one would see in Victorian times. Style/inspo by pic related

Frederique Constant watches give this sort of vibe but they're far too expensive

Got this one a few months ago

Digital watches are superior in basically every aspect aside from "LOOK MOM MY WATCH IS EXPENSIVE".

dont do it my dude

the only one I wear

My favorite one

Cop?

snk is a decent line, but that gold and silver color scheme sucks dass

How about this one?

I wanna see a suit + this watch combo

Generally Seiko 5 is good, but there is no hand wind at all, for me that's the reason of not getting one.

But out of those two, get the lower if you want it.

Anyone know some cool but not too hard Casio F91W mods?

>superior
They are different but not always superior. Mechanical dive watches are superior to digital dive watches in almost every way. Mechanical dress watches have a better aesthetic than digital imo.
It really comes down to how much you can afford to spend and what your taste is. There is a reason you mainly see cheaper watches in these threads and a reason why most if not everyone says that digital is fine.
I have a couple of each and they have different purposes so I can't really see any way one is more superior than the other.

Which of these awful watches should I get?

You guys are cool

Wearing pic related right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=BBcSQrD18f4
youtube.com/watch?v=EsO-i5nS1z0

Post a wrist shot

That geneva is flames

Phone camera is broken, sorry. The watch is smaller than youd expect by lookin at the picture though.

yea go ahead and let people call you faggot

Where do you guys get your NATO straps?

*blocks your path*

N-Nani!

Thoughts anyone?

skagen is an alright brand and that particular watch is nice but the face seems to big for your wrist, probably the angle tho

I hope you have more personality than your dull garbage car and dull garbage watch.

Looks like a dime a dozen minimalist kickstarter quartz watch worth $20 sold for $200

Not my car but fair, have to wear quite a variety of styles and I wanted a watch that could be worn with all of them - hence it's inevitably fairly bland.
Yeah I think it's the lighting, watch seems about right to my eye
Again not unreasonable, I'm not entirely sure what I could feasibly wear with a range of formal to casual stuff BC the idea of multiple watches really doesn't appeal

You can get far better everyday watches that suit everyday wear as well as formal better than that watch for the same price. The Seiko 5 range would have something that suits you. Or if you don't want to worry about a mechanical watch Timex will have something that suits you. Settling for way over priced quartz things you are better off going to ali express and buying it from the source.

I've got a Casio YES, best 35 bucks ive ever spent.

My nigga same

So, my daily beater, Nautica got trashed, hard.

Any rec for a black metal watch in the same price range?

Just bought this one. Love it.

no

what do you niggers think of the sarb033? I'm looking for something similar to a Rolex explorer with a $400 budget.

I hope you mean similar to a datejust, but either way the SARB is very nice I can't think of any watch that comes close for ~$300.

Got this for my guy

nah I mean the explorer. the datejust is a gross grandpa watch. the more I look at the sarb the more it looks like the explorer. some say it's a dress watch but I intend to use it as an everyday watch and I only wear t-shirts. it's also 100m water resist, I see it as a sporty casually watch.

inshallah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W#Claimed_use_in_terrorism

look at fuckin james bond over here

>casio watch mods

They're all sporty casual watches my man, Rolex doesn't make any true dress watches besides the Cellini line. Dress watches don't come on bracelets. And there's plenty of nice Datejusts besides the outdated two-tone fluted bezel ones.

But anyway, yeah the SARB is a nice casual watch and so is the Explorer and so is the Datejust in my opinion.

The only watch you'll ever need

What's the best casio digital watch after this one?

true true, I'm just not a fan of any Rolex besides the explorer, they are boring in my opinion. what kind of watches do you wear friendo?

f91, gwm5610.

I have a few other cheap shitters floating around, but these are the ones I actually wear most of the time. Lately it's mostly been just the Explorer since I got it recently.

I found this watch.

Holy minimalism, batman.

w2c?

very nice collection that even I can appreciate. where did you get that watch box?

eBay seems like your best bet to be honest.

On another note, anyone know a good place to get inexpensive vintage soviet watches?

Preferably mechanical

>caterpillar watch

I would get the standard a158 myself

Just ordered this
>Chenxi
Yes I know, but it was cheap as fuck and looks pretty good.

Good cop or mistake?

Amazon

Is it too late to un-order it?

Just joining in

What model is the seiko with the orange duel?

7546-700C

Thoughts?

Are you aladin or what

change the band. something without stripes. other than that it looks fine

don't listen to this newfag

This is my old Nato Strap. I like the "Bond" style a bit more.

The striped band looks good imo

the MGS5 watch looks amazing, to bad the shit is fucking sold out.

I don´t get it.

Wrong board, frogposter, gb2/b.

Just ordered this

Great watchhead, fantastic finishing.
Movement is average despite what all the TGV fanboys say. Bracelet is very average.
Well worth the money though.

Can i get a id on this watch?

rate

Big watches are for gays

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:IED_timers_that_use_Casio_F-91W

bump for ID

I know its not an expensive brand but I'v always loved the cleanliness of the shape and the slim size on my dainty wrist.

Your forearm kind of looks like a short, thick cock

>month ago
>look for a bauhaus style watch
>idolize daniel wellington looks
>learn it's a fucking scam
>interest switches on to orient bambino but can't get around the curved glass
>get stiffies for Brathwait, but the one that has a date is like 350$
>realize every watch I really like is over 300$ except maybe the Timex/Skagen families
>three weeks later (now) FINALLY fucking love the orient bambino's look
>realize they 41mm
>bitchwrist wouldnt stand anything bigger than 38mm

Now I'm having a look at junghans now, but they're 500€. Fuck my life, I'll never find the perfect one

I also realize that I shouldnt shitpost when tired

I'm looking for a watch with a brown leather strap and a simple white face. Anyone have any suggestions?

What ever you do senpai, do not get a fucking DW.

I think you would like this one on the pic.

What's your budget? Lange Saxonia Thin 37mm is nice.

just buy a new one for $15. worn chrome plating is not Veeky Forums.

actually, buy something made of steel instead. i have one of these and it keeps worse time than some of my mechanicals

i like the black a little more but either looks good.

have a model number for me chum?

Sadly they do not make digital watches that are stainless steel with proper glass.
All you get is plastic or painted plastic with casio or timex etc.
Pulsar is the only one doing them differently, but their style is far from the good old days.

whatever his budget, i doubt that's within it
i hate this particular calitrava so much
takes a little more than i'd like from the max bill but this is fairly nice. not a fan of the brushed case though, that was a weird choice
that guy looks like the biggest cunt ever. the watch fits that idea too. fucking huge and gaudy.
better put it on a black nato user, i'll come for you otherwise
explain
interesting
ew
chrome plated...plastic
don't really understand why the SKX is there. everything else is patrician though
35 bucks for a $15 watch. you got jewed user
no
breddy cool i guess
no handwind. that's why the SKX is a meme too
cool. Ball is very underrepresented
a fitting watch for a nigger (there's no way you're white if you like that)
so uncool it's cool

there's some pretty cool 80s digital seiko's below $100

Anyone wearing a casio watch is either broke, a child, or both
Get a fucking analog watch, you're not 5