Whats The Worst Inverstment you even made?

Whats The Worst Inverstment you even made?
How Much ? When ? Where?
i lost 6k on memecoins once

bump

My only bad investments have been in relationships.

my sides

Noone on Veeky Forums ever loses money. It's all happiness and circlejerking here. If your trendy new self help book isn't working it's because you don't believe in yourself. If you invest in a stock and it goes up, it's because you're a genius. If you invest in a stock and it goes down, you're an idiot. It's all definitely scientific and objective and not one big meme.

We're all going to be millionaires because people who aren't, are just dumb and lazy, but we aren't. We know what an ETF is, that must mean we are all very smart.

MGT

Bought $6500 worth of sliver coins when it was $35 an ounce

I was 19 years old and fell for the happening memes

A burger I ate last thursday. It was very disappointing

TOP ZOZZLE

kekkles

I invested my time reading this thread

I was down 18k USD in paper losses on 5k shares of BAC during feb or march.

My cost average is 14.68.

I started buying at beginning of this year. Got in way too soon. Shit is wild.

College maybe. I'm an entrepreneur and didn't use college to network and don't work in a field relevant to my major (Math major in Interior Design, kek).

oil.
bought too soon too large. lost 3/4

$1,400 on NBG and Eurobank,

fell for the stupid memes.

Going to college.

As long as you don't spend too much money on them, and don't get them pregnant.

Then no regrets. It's a year or two of regular fucking.

Fucking jumped into that stupid MGT frenzy that was going on here last week and lost $300 on $1k.

Someone else recommend a stock, currently sitting at 10% loss, and even VFV is shit at -3%.

Index funds are meme investments and you people are a fucking joke. None of you know what you are doing. And those of you who made some small change did so by mean chance expectation, i.e. blind luck.

>Buying physical metals

kek

I'm laffing at you and I got involved in MGT.

I think MGT will be back just wait.

If McAffee makes a great cell phone security program it could be big.

Well I'm stubborn and holding the loss. It's already rebounded slightly but everything is fucked in anticipation of Fed rate hikes.

Sportbet => 14.1k€

Couldn't believe, still cannot.

How bad m8

4500 in CHK. Bought at 7.13 trying to day trade sold it on friday. like 40-45% of my gains since i started in march. Went 22-0 and then my first L cancelled out all the W's :(

worst L i ever took in a day was getting arrested lmfao. 7k cash, (i paid 2500) a pound of weed, 3500 dollar lawyer, 1200 probation fines. 15k loss in a matter of minutes

Mine were vehicles ive had some shit cars that I ended up trading for less than a 1/4 of the price done this way too much when i was a young twat!

Congratulations you've discovered 90% of the MEANING OF LIFE now go forth with the news little user!!

Buying a woman.

Guy owned me 10k didn't have the money gave me his sister. Plan was to hooker her out. First 2 weeks fucked the living shit out of her fell in love.

Fucking fell in love with a Mexican monkey

You realize most of the penny stock are pushed by shills?

Look guys! this penny stock wen't up 30% today! to the moon!

The shitposters will post on 17 threads and have conversations with himself & collect a 5-10% profit (more if they're lucky).

Rinse and repeat.

I've been trading mostly oil & blue chips and I've gotten good gains. I've read enough financial news to know how to spot shilling, I just come here for ideas.

I think they also trade amongst themselves to give the appearance of volume moving in the stock they shill.

Not buying into the ETH shilling. Was going to put about $4k in back in early-mid Jan when it was $1.5. Learned how to mine it, setup all the software with 0 previous experience with crypto-shits.
Decided running my gaming rig into the ground wasn't worth the effort so decided to straight buy ETH instead. It all fell down when I had to buy BTC and didn't know how or from where, didn't trust the sites. Basically made excuses because it was easier and missed out on 700% gains (i would have sold @ $9-10)

>Thinks Veeky Forums has enough capital behind it to "move" anything
You've learned nothing

Wise man!
Best to do is buy LISK
>LISK

Lisk is going MOON

I put $3500 into MAZACOIN.

But I made it all back and more with Ethereum. :-B

Bought lisk at .70 cents just watched it hit .19

GBSN
lost 99.6% had only invested like $70 though so it wasn't to bad.

Do tell.

I think not buying into the eth shilling was the wisest thing youve done

It's going to get dumped hard, because nobody holding eth has strong hands because its a shitty shilled-into-orbit make-money-fast scamcoin in which the autist creators hold about 90% of the coins

$5000 on XTV.
Currently down around ℅40. Hoping for another spike so I can dump this garbage.

How much lisk did you buy?

Bought a shitty car. Lost 50% by popping the motor

You missed the point. I was in a position to make 700% profit between mid Jan and late March but missed it because I flinched at verifying my details with a BitTrade site. A site i have since successfully made multiple purchases with.
My hesitation cost me nearly $25,000 profit, not including the 5% BTC increase during the same period. And I was right there, just had to take the leap.

Maybe a blessing in disguise though. That made me realize the difference between the people making real money and poor slobs. Those making bank are having a go, putting their money to work even if it's bleeding shitters in pump-b-dump scams while ignoring the crabs in the barrel. Poor people, NEETs and underachievers just watch TV and make easy horseshit excuses.

Probably First Solar or Netflix, $20K each.
Made it up elsewhere to finish positive for that year, thankfully.

I wasted 4 years attending a university which no one appreciates outside of that little town

XTV.

It's some shitty australian meme stock.

I lost $260 on that.

Bought Syscoin at 3400 for about 900$. Turned out to be more or less the highest that coin ever got.

>tfw sitting on 11k paper loss

Bought syscoin at 2800, cut my losses at 1800. Only time i ever lost money on crypto.

Lost 0.4btc

>It's going to get dumped hard

Cool crystal ball, bro. Where did you buy it?

Shorting on leverage already? With the crystal ball and everything

my best one so far was the same.
we both make more because of the choices we made.
we have halved most of the costs of living per cap.
everything saved went into investments.
both roughly earn the same and save the same.
free blowjobs.

MNKD. Lost 9k

sorry I made money from that. When the meme was starting

Sold my car and invested the money right before the August 2015 bloodbath.

Is this you?

Probably university. 45K of debt. I ended up getting a job that I could have gotten without a degree. Still, I majored in Performing Arts, so fuck me, right?

Time invested in going on Veeky Forums.

I'm still $7k in student debt, and gonna lose about $16k more in this last year.

Don't ever fall for the college meme.

>was about to bet 3€ one year ago
>would have won 6000€
>didn't because i thought it would be another failed bet

>MGT will come back

>a stock that was literally 100% speculation
>a company that is headed by an old fart who hasn't been in the industry for 15 years

>thought dividends were all I needed
>buy DHT
>it tanks
>lose 10% of my investment ($100)

>get on MGT train
>lose $80

>get on TTNP train
>panic sell happens today
>lose $30

Here's what I've learned

>sell before the drug companies announce if they were approved or not
>penny stocks are pump and dump memes and luck
>remember to check cash flow before you buy into a company (DHT is fucked, even if their revenue and profit is up)

I bought on hype too much and lost a lot of money (for me). When I didn't buy on hype, I bought EBS, NVDA, and MXL, and have made money off them, but I'm still in the red.

I bought back in TTNP in anticipation for tomorrow and the day after. M-maybe I'll regain some money?

oh, and another thing I learned

Use robinhood from the start

if you're a beginner or small talk investor with limited funds, those fees eat up your profit.

Great investment, could have been MUCH better.

>Used to read leddit's investing pages a lot
>Reddit fags were in love with Tesla when it was around 30 dollars
>I buy in 3k with the rationale of "even if its expected, once Tesla is officially declared profitable, the price is gonna spike"
>They announce profitability months before projection
>Price pops to 60 per share, I sell half of my shares
>Price pops the next day to 90, I jizz my pants and sell the rest
>End up gaining a few thousand
>The prices gets all the way up to 250-300ish
>Still happy

I have a rule if I make a huge gain like that, I'll keep 10%-20% of the stocks i bought for the long haul (2-5year)

top kek

Bought a couple of steel stocks when I was starting out. They doubled, then crashed, and still haven't recovered.

Beyond that, I'd have to say starting a business. I wanted to fund an exciting venture with a traditional one. But I had no idea how fucking poor/cheap people were. Damn, I'm still climbing out of that hole.

Like $280 bucks on NBG.

GLRI

bought sys @700 sold at 3600, rebought @3200 and then crashed.

SYS shall rise again friend.

I bought a clunker used car for $2k no loans and it died ($6k for repairs) in 9 months
Sold the scrap, took out a $10k loan on a real car and learned my lesson desu

>Use robinhood from the start
While you're at it, why don't you tell everyone to drink poison?

with the right degree, it's still got a decent ROI

>this real
62k and no degree. I lie on my resumes

Some else who majored in math...im not so lonely now. Got debt? Howd you start your biz?

Like any millennial knows what "supply&demand" is

millennial here, not 62k in debt and also have my degree. kill yourself

what a coincidence i made 6k profit in memecoins, thanks for the cash bruh.

Someone made money from your stupidity

lol your fault was buyinng at $35 and not $7

Gained 20% on lisk. Put the 20% into rise ico for lulz. Never done this before

Looks like I'm about to lose my initial lisk investment though. Rode the wave too high.

I was born in a shithole and had to work 10 years for shitty wages. That was pretty bad time investment. The same job in a developed country would have brought me at least x10 times more shekels in the same time period.

Made 4 million dollars from Bitcoin, still holding 95% so I can become a billonaire in 10 years.

send me a bitcoin so I can buy drugs?

How do you turn the bitcoin into actual USD spending money?

coinbase

>1270098
>Made 4 million dollars from Bitcoin

lol fucking scrub bragging about making just 4MM.

Get on my level faggots.

>posts this in a worst investment ever made thread
Bitcoiners. Yes, they are this stupid. (Not to mention full of shit)

>Bitcoiners. Yes, they are this stupid. (Not to mention full of shit)

Fuck you scrub. I can't even year you over the sound of my turbo Yacht engine and my harem of 20 year olds.

fucking nocoiners

is this from gta 5?

>check cash flow before you buy into a company
How do you do this exactly? Revenue/debt comparison? Or some other metric.

I feel your pain. I lost $2.5k bag-holding GNCA and MNKD (among others) but am hopefully going to make it back with those sweet TTNP gains (which I actually did a good amount of research on).

Sculpture major here
Fuck us both

Bought a woman from Syria for 7K.
Intention was to prostitute her but I fell in love with her.
She was a virgin that is why the price is high.

TTNP

>find a cool project that's already partially developed
>the brain behind it can only scrape together two references

If you were a VC, would you invest in it? Keep in mind he's not the one running the business side.

When you say things like this, you know you gotta tell more.

More details, sir. I need a woman to but HATE relationships. This could be an outcome, finally.

Oh and, it doesn't have to be a virgin - I'd rather have a somewhat experienced person.

Where did you get her from?

10 years ago a friend of mine had been making killer returns (300% that previous year) and told me to get into OPBL. Long story story short the company was committing fraud or some other crime and the stock became worthless. I bought in blind - the one and only time I ever trusted anyone like that for investment advice.

the opportunity cost of spending time on this fucking Taiwanese shoe lace manufacturing 2d anime plasterboard

buying a luxury car is definitely on the top of the worst investments.

what is the point of having money if you don't use it

you can use it i have no objections there.
it's just there are shit ways to spend it and perfectly reasonable ways.
also money exists for itself a little bit. it's an end to itself and money bound to bring you in more money unless you spend it like a stupid fuck.
it's like a cow so long you have it it gives you milk and little cows when you butcher it it's gone fast.

Heesen Yachts manufacturer promo photo
CAPTCHA: Select all images with boats