Armenian Genocide

So Veeky Forums what is your thoughts and opinions on the Armenian Genocide?

To call it a genocide is a bit of a stretch. It was just an organized mass killing of people from the same ethnicity.

This desu, it was a deluxe-targeted-mass-ethno-homicide, hold the mayo.

It was not a genocide, it was just the mass-killing of an ethnic group.

Didn't know there were so many Turks on Veeky Forums

Oh c'mon

It was just an organized termination of the lives of particular individuals with shared qualities

It was NOT a genocide. It was only the militaristic cleansing of a certain set of persons whom were of a collective identity.

they're not wrong, genocide implies you're trying to wipe them out. turks were just wiping the ones in their land out.

I don't know, but there are a shit load of them in Glendale.

>genocide
Merely the termination of a moderate ammount of creatures who shared certain socio cultural aspects

ITT: Veeky Forums has no soul

Then it is genocide. You are trying to wipe out the ones in your land. This is why Rwanda was Genocide

Of course we have no soul, we merely have an agglomeration of emotional states based on our own perception of morality

I was making a joke about how people have such a weird definition of Genocide, it was definitely a genocide.

good thread

#Constructivism

the thing with 1915 was that you had to kill who was trying to kill you, otherwise you would definitely die.

Turks won.

this, i hate the turks as much as everyone else but fact is that the turks won.

vae victis

without it, modern turkey would be a balkanized hellhole instead of the world class economy and tourist destination it is today

I really do not care. I would much rather prefer millions of Christians didn't die.

Might makes right.

lol is this what turks actually believe? wikipedia tells a different story. The Allies betrayed the Greeks and Armenians and sided with the Turks, who were also aided by the Soviets.

The parts of Turkey targetted for the genocide are some of the poorest parts bar none today. If anything them leaving would be good for their economy, nor do I imagine many people go there for toruism as opposed to the more western parts of the country.

right might makes might right

Yea that's genocide

Like true insects, roaches instinctively abuse the lack of flag and ID number to impersonate several non-roaches.

I feel like Western people's obsession with sliming Turkey for the Armenian genocide is 50% projection and 50% simple hatred of Turks and absolutley nothing to do with the Armenians themselves.

>tfw you're armo and germany recognizes what

Eastern Europeans hate Turks because they had to deal with their invasions and occupations and Western Europeans hate Turks because they migrate freeloaders and criminals in large numbers. All these different people sympathize with the other for different reasons. This also means Turks themselves are the problem.

I wish they had done a more thorough job. The fucking Kardashians escaped. You had one job Turkey, one job.

There was a terrorist group of Armenians that basically set out to get retribution for the genocide after WW1.

They were successful in some attempts unsuccessful in others. One of them, who lost all his family in the genocide, actually got acquitted in Switzerland for assassinating one of the responsible Turks.

I have no problem with this.

Killing a man who got away with killing millions of your own people seems heroic.

It was Berlin.

So is this thread poe's law or am i going nuts?

I kind of dream of the day when christians will organize a crusade against Turkey, and every turkish male will be impaled on a spike, and every turkish female will be raped by the crusaders to whiten Anatolia. Every Quran will be burnt and churches will flourish again.

One can dream...

:DDDDDDDDDD what a fucking idiot

Didn't a movie about this come out recently?

You're not going nuts, it's just the sudden onset of a bout of irrationality.

I don't hate Turks. I hate that the Turks won't admit it and that some Western countries tolerate it.

There's Realpolitik and then there's being a craven, lickspittle to the genocidal.

You're not going nuts, your state of mental health is merely questionable at the current juncture in such a way that consultation with a medical professional is a recommendable course of action for the wellbeing of yourself and others.

There's two Glendale's. More Armenians in both of them than Armenia. At least Chop Suey! is good.

Slow down there, turbo. Read up on Teddy and Wilson and report back with your conclusion.

Its a good start

wew youre dumb senpai

I never learned about this in school, nor did I have any particular interest in the topic so far.

BUT, here is what I think I know so far:

>WWI
>Caucasus front
>difficult terrain, not much troop movements, no big offensives
>Russians promise the Armenians assistance if they rise up
>Armenian terrorists/separatists hop on the train and kill Ottomans left and right
>this hinders the war effort of the Ottoman Empire
>they send in pic related
>"make it stop" they say
>no further instructions on what to do or not to do (afaik)
>the madman actually makes it stop
>oops, he killed 1.5 (?) million Armenians in the process
>oops, the Russians never really intended to help anyway
>oops, the Ottomans lost the war, too

It seems that I cannot blame the whole Ottoman Empire for the doing of one man (with a little too long leash). The same way you cannot blame the doings of those Armenian separatists on all Armenian people.

Hard measures for hard times, I guess. It probably would have gone differently if there wasn't a little world war going on.

what genocide?

Biggest bullshit in history. Turks with an weak structure and weak army vs the rest of the world and yet the turks "win". Everything was previously planned to finally get the full control over Anatolia and the ME. Setting up dictators working for "them", getting control over the area.

i dont know how it happens either but it did happens, whether we like it or not. without this guy modern turkey would probably look like this

>To call it a genocide is a bit of a stretch. It was just an organized mass killing of people from the same ethnicity.

dirty zionist propaganda. armenian genocide is not such thing ever happend

So minorities had to die so that Turks could live comfortably. Great imperialist logic right there.

Except he was a western puppet sent by his freemason brothers like Wilson to transition one of the last empires to a republic. This idea that the turks defeated the entire allies single handedly despite losing most of WW1 is just Turanist fantasy. The Allies were there to keep the Sultanate in check and insure their puppet took power, and they left when that was achieved.

The young turks were zionist/freemasons themselves you retard.

no your an retard

Arabs who witnessed the genocide found it appalling and "un-Islamic".

A Turkey PM was nearly assassinated for recognizing the Armenian massacre as a genocide. Turks will not give it up.

I'm personally an agglomeration of states that are neither holy, nor Roman, nor imperial.

they lost the war they started themselves attacking the turks of which were already occupied in a two front wars against the greeks, brit and the french for more clay. boo-fucking-hoo. pathetic, i have no symphaty for these retards

>t. alive historian Kadir Misiroglu

Hey man, I'd rather have my scuba spot than filthy gypsies and Armenians. Rest in pepperoni.

what a fucking retard. how did this guy land a position as commander/whatever?

he specializes better in dealing with ethnic minorities

serously though he was more of a politics guy, militarily he had some succes in recapturing adrianople from bulgaria in the balkan and he managed to quell a reactionary rebellion after the young turks revolution of which he was made a pasha. his other battle were a disastrous failure though.

You fucking cockroach. The nationalist elements of the Young Turks kept insisting this would happen, but it did not. Armenians pledged their loyalty to the Ottoman government and most fedayi surrendered their weapons when asked. The Cilician catholicos repeatedly insisted that Armenians not rise up. This is all after the genocide had begun. It wasn't until one million were already in their graves that major resistance began. And any fighting before then was defending villages from being wiped out.

It didn't happen.

Ask the young Turk

you literally just described what a genocide is

Did he really have an entire menagerie of pets, all called Abdul? I've been wondering whether this is true.

Why would the ottoman government kill random civies ?
And please give a reasonable argument instead of 'they hated christians lol XD'.

Why did they kill Assyrians?

WE HAVE THESE THREAD EVERYDAY

And still, no one knows anything!

Nobody has been able to answer me why they let the Kardashians live. They had one fucking job. I WANT AN ANSWER DAMN YOU

Turks are incompetent.

I propose we give the Turks a medal for failure to genocide or something similarly derogatory. Put the Kardashians on the front with an Armenian flag on the reverse.

I wish it happened

tru

That's literally a genocide you dork

Because they feared that after they lost ww1 the respecrive ethnic populations would demand their own state.

But if they are all dead they won't be a new state.

considering that was 100 years ago, it gets way too much attention to be honest. The G.W. Bush iraq war alone had more civilian casualties, and that was a decade ago. Bush will probably deny calling that a genocide as well the same way the turks do.

Also Rwanda. And east timor.

>tfw 5 minutes go by without the mention of the Armenian genocide

top kek

>joke
>you

the armenian genocide is no joke you retard

Turkish version which he described perfectly in his post kind of is.

This

>Also Rwanda.
Recognized as genocide.

Bush wasn't genocide.

No its not

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes it is.

Only tragedy is that the Turks missed the Kardashians.

Bump

>they can't detect an obvious joke