ITT: We make kind, considerate...

ITT: We make kind, considerate, warm-hearted observations about MFA's WAYWT thread and the pictures that have been posted in it

reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/6r56o4/waywt_august_02/

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/mati_hw14/
instagram.com/p/BU-7o6tArwO/?taken-by=mati_hw14
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

instagram.com/mati_hw14/

looking at the first 20 or so posts in our WAYWT thread, r/mfa shits all over us

There are some good fits in our threads though (occasionally we get a thread with over 80% good fits)
I'm struggling to find a single redeemable outfit here. I really am

This is upsetting

This has to be bait

None of those are bad

Woah woah hold on there buddy, I am perfectly willing to defend our WAYWT but those are some pretty bad fits

What's wrong with them?

instagram.com/p/BU-7o6tArwO/?taken-by=mati_hw14

Veeky Forums is done my friends

thats not from our thread, r-right?

No but this is

The first two are uncreative and overly-safe riffs on old, tired, well established fashion tropes. "I have money and no idea what to do with it." The third one is just fucking ridiculous and is clearly a clueless attempt to latch onto the loosewave meme without actually understanding that loose =/= poorly fitting. The shoes are also a horrendous choice. The last one is tricking you into think it's good because he's hot, but it really isn't. The shoes are tacky, he isn't wearing socks, the pants fit awkwardly and too tight, and the shirt looks like yesstyle

>the "Big Jilm" reply

>The first two are uncreative and overly-safe riffs on old, tired, well established fashion tropes.
So? Does that make them bad? They're just basic fits for the categorys they fit into

>The third one is just fucking ridiculous and is clearly a clueless attempt to latch onto the loosewave meme without actually understanding that loose =/= poorly fitting.
whats poorly fit about it? loosewave isnt a fucking meme, its some faggot on here spamming threads saying "are skinny jeans done" and youre falling for it

>The last one is tricking you into think it's good because he's hot, but it really isn't. The shoes are tacky, he isn't wearing socks, the pants fit awkwardly and too tight, and the shirt looks like yesstyle
I mean yeah but thats his style. He's probably the only really unique poster I see in there

>So? Does that make them bad? They're just basic fits for the categorys they fit into

Trends and "-cores" exist for a reason. If you haven't properly created your own unique style in what you wear yet, which many people haven't because it's quite difficult to do well, trends exist as a back-up plan that let you lend yourself over to a new look while you continue to figure your style out. As trends come and go, it's best to sample from them and check them out, so you can start adding small pieces to your overall vocabulary

Finding a trend and sticking to it long after the world moves on NEVER looks good though. Both of those images are completely void of any original ideas, they're just mindless rehashes of 5+ year old inspo pics. When you do something like that, you're showing the world that you simultaneously have no personal taste, and that you're a coward that plays it safe and sticks to a style that other people created for years on end because you don't want to challenge yourself

what if those are their first fits though?

That clearly isn't the case given that both are wearing Rick. These people obviously put a lot of time and money into clothing.

This. Sorry. He's right. I'd be surprised if first two could dress themselves outside of their rigid core rulebooks.

The third one I'm gonna call fetus fashion. The wheels are turning but either the budget or understanding isn't fully formed yet.

The last one I'm gonna call the Generic Male Actor Styled for GQ but wardrobe forgot his socks. It's close but no cigar, and what it's close to isn't that great.

fair enough but they're clearly better than r/mfa unlike what the original poster of the image said right? can we agree on that?

Overall you'd have to be a complete fool to say that MFA has better fits than us

no shit, that was bait to get replies on his part

top fit from aug 2nd, pretty good. boots are the only part i don't like.

~85th-90th percentile for an Veeky Forums WAYWT thread imo

AAAAHHHH WHY IS HE TUCKING HIS PANTS INTO HIS CHELSEA'S

JUST LET THEM SIT ON THE BOOTS FUCKS

2nd top fit from aug 2nd

he would get bullied a bit in an Veeky Forums WAYWT for those shoes and that hat. not bad otherwise. the central pieces could look good with some variation to the fit. i wouldn't mind if he posted here.

3rd top upboated fit from aug 2nd

the shirt is the only thing that is salvageable. those loafers with white socks are ugly af. Veeky Forums would also bully this guy into getting slimmer or getting stronger. an average to slightly below average fit for an Veeky Forums WAYWT

If he thrifted all that, maybe some slack for the imperfections. It's almost like he's wearing two different outfits, one from waist up and onr from waist down. And other poster was right about tucking into chelseas. Wtf?

tasteless 14 year old with rich parents-core

doesn't look like they're really trying

would be completely fine without the sunglasses

3rd guy almost has a really good fit but the shoes ruin it

lol

guy needs to get some clothes that fit him

would be alright without the jacket and the fucking tucked in pants

holy fuck this guy is short, really bad and looks like he's trying too hard

the socks ruin this otherwise he looks like a coke dealer from the 80s or something which is cool

Holy fuck this kid looks awful

learn to keep your mouth "shut" your hanging jaw makes your face look long and sad. fit isnt horrible, I don't like how tight you laced those J's though

i fuck with this little guy, even though he's a doughy asian manlet, i think his fits are consistently good in spite of everything working against him

>loafers with white socks are ugly af
that's literally one of the most classic american ivy looks gtfo of here you 15 year old

they r all so nice, why cant we be like that

why/how does this 11 year old have a givenchy sweatshirt.

hahahhahahaha

daddy's $$$

i've never understood why people buy designer clothes that just have the designer/house's name on it
like if you're going to be spending your money on givenchy, why waste it on such a boring, and uninspired piece when there's so many actual designs that are available?

ITT normal people wear the exact same garish looks the modern noble class (celebrities) and 10/10 genetic freaks, realizing the outfits are actually garish and hideous when not put on some kind of idealistic adonis

Because most of the shit that's not a walking billboard is actually pretty damn difficult to pull off.

The only thing that is more cringe worthy than their WAYWT is you faggots trying to explain why you don't like their fits. You sound like a bunch of retarded and clueless teenagers. Which you are, but still.

project harder

with black loafers tho?

I know he knows what he's doing but that's still kind of pushing the envelope

you guys would like it if it was Luka

>Trying to shittalk someone who's actually developed his own tastes and style.
It never works you faggots.

My mom dresses me/10

great
alright

there's no way this guy is over 15