Is pic related something that can be worn casually?

Is pic related something that can be worn casually?

Other urls found in this thread:

harristweedshop.com/harris-tweed-iain-jacket.html
harristweedshop.com/harris-tweed-marr-jacket.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends. Do you mean just the jacket, the jacket and vest combo?

I'd say yes to both anyway, but the vest is much more likely to yield cringeworthy results, so be wary of that.

The jacket alone is definitely fine, though the handkerchief might be a bit overkill.

Mostly the jacket.
I really want to wear something like that, but I'm afraid it would come off as horribly pretentious, or worse, out of place.

Depends on where you live and work. Depends on the people you hang out with.
I'm still not sure if the handkerchief could be casual.
If you work at McDonalds or are at uni its definitely not a good look especially if most people around you are in leggings and gym clothes.
Not saying that you should 100% blend in, just synchronise your fashion style with your lifestyle.

Eh, most people don't care. Unless you go full suit and tie most people aren't really gonna think much about you being a bit more formally dressed than they are.

Yes, absolutely. Unless you're still in high school or something. By the time you're 21, you're ready to dress like an adult.

Have you seen how people dress in college? If OP is studying at uni they would probably get some weird looks and would probably look pretentious going like that to lectures.

do you know w2c the brown jacket in the pic?

I dressed like that at 21 and got nothing but compliments from my fellow white students. People of other races, notably blacks, dressed like trashy thugs but that's their prerogative; to each their own.

if you're over 35 and have confidence

Unfortunately, no. I'm actually having a hard time finding tweed jackets, for some reason.

Tweed, herringbone or wool blazer should be enough to track one down.

The jacket, perhaps if you're attractive

Waistcoats shouldn't really be touched unless you're somewhere super fancy or sometimes at a wedding

Please don't.
If you are going to wear something at least make it consistent.
Jacket + vest, floral shirt and jeans don't really mix well, the 3 together even less so.

>stay classic
For fucks sake...

This is inherently casual (and staggeringly bad). Jeans, no neckwear, too-short waistcoat (really too low a rise on the jeans but anyway), too-short jacket, some sort of unholy blasphemy against Christ for a shirt. You can't possibly wear a fit with jeans in any kind of formal or even business situation, it shows a grotesque lack of taste and respect.

What you definitely CAN do is wear a brown tweed jacket with jeans casually, yes.

This person is a walking meme.

This, but its also way too tight. It looks like hes wearing his little brothers clothes.

Not the one in the pic, but try this for a decently priced, decent quality tweed jacket:
harristweedshop.com/harris-tweed-iain-jacket.html

You could also go with harristweedshop.com/harris-tweed-marr-jacket.html , it's more expensive but you can choose your own cloth. Ben or Moorland are browns, and there's a plain brown weave as well if you want that.

>$290
Holy shit. Should I kill myself since I'm poor?

I won't deny that it's a chunk of cash but the jeans on that faggot in OP probably cost like a hundo on their own, even the US-made Levi's 501s cost that much on their own website, let alone some fruit's selvedge jeans. In relative terms it's not too bad but I feel you about poorfag life being the worst.

Jacket is fine, looks good. Ditch the vest though you'd look like a cowboy with jeans and it's just too tryhard

This desu.
It's an age thing

the vest is too much in my opinion but a tweed blazer/sport coat is good with jeans

Agreed. Too stiff and layered for someone young, the model looks like a complete tool.

yeah but ill bet they thought you were pretentious as shit

buy second-hand, check ebay, or something else. harris tweed is made only in england, buy generic tweed or some shit. try j.crew on ebay.

lol sure