>only for attractive people
>exclusive to wrong gender
>fictional characters / cringe 2 the maxx
>unaffordable / unique items
if you see something that makes you think of less unwearable alternatives,
you suggest these alternatives.

>the tricorne
is it more cringy than the fedora?

Something like what Coconuts is wearing here.

I would wear a kigurumi and nothing else every day if I could

autumn is approaching. and like every winter. the only acceptable beanies for men are slim ones.
you could literally knot a sweater on your head and it would be okay if you are a girl.
this winter i need something on my head that isnt a slim fit beanie.

Ladies and gentlemen: Veeky Forums

This is very easy to pull off

No, but I wouldn't see any sense in looking like I'm from 1770

>man-buns
who would have thought that having your hair in a structured and neatly fixated way can look so fucking wrong

i see people on the train on some sort of panda or bear suits on a regular basis.
couple more years and you can wear them the same way its okay the wear 80ties most cringest(?) bullshit now because for no better reason than that its 80ties stuff

the tech wear folks seem to manage oversized outer shells quite well

grow your hair out

Robes and cloaks are pretty sweet but there's no way to wear them without looking like a LARPer

>simple
>functional
>looks cool
>works on both sexes

All other kinds of clothing seem decadent and unnecessary in comparison.

>eightyties

that is good advice, but at the moment i have pic related on my head and thats strictly incompatible with -20°C

absolutely agree.

couple years ago when this "hipsters all over the place growing bears and buying fixie bikes" thing broke loose i thought, yeah, now is the time, robes are finally gonna be okay for everyday wear.
did not happen.
>why

i feel obligated to post this image

You have two choices.
Grow your hair out with that and try to make it work out, or cut it all down and start growing again.
It's your call on what you wanna sacrifice.

Holy shit

This thread is my shit
DUMPING

i was gonna say "what's unwearable about this" and then i saw the sandals
still could pull it off tho

You can wear those, just don't be white and ugly.

I wear both and get nothing but compliments.

This is all extremely wearable

How would you even get all this stuff?

i really like the look of berets on chicks but if you were wearing one id assume you were in a weird french phase

oh I got one for this too

Lantern sleeves and pants that pillow then go straight leg instead of boots would make this 10/10

either one

Not sure if this is a joke, but this outfit is dope. I wanna chat with this dude.

this is amazing and terrifying

i doubt one could pull it off without the beard or with another skin tone, but on this specific dude it looks absolutely legit.

for those moments when you want to look like a office chair?

its just a little bit of blue on a soldiers head but it weighs so heavy.
i respect those people, but i would never want to wear those colors myself.
it comes with a responsibility that cannot possibly be fulfilled.

this thread really proves how insecure and basic most of Veeky Forums is

lmao im one person dumping 3/5 the content

you mean that like
>if you had the self-confidence, you would wear cringe shit anyway
if so, i disagree.

nothing wrong with looking for some ideas on how to make your fit more fit for the society you intend to wear it in.
some stuff definitely is interesting, but needs some consideration before it can be formed into everyday wear.

just mixing fabrics too much. either same fabric for all matching colors or reduce total colors, then its good.
this simply looks cheap.
proper color selection and less "dollar store" fabric types and the style might work
i cant find the photo but i have seen this white coat with black embroidery all over it. as long as it doesnt protrude as much as this thing, its probably okay to have a giant face on your coat aswell.
with legs like that you can wear it

Fucking puttees. The leg wrap things. They look so good with this type of early 1900s work/combat boot but you can't wear puttees without looking like you just landed in Normandy. Even for innawoods you'll look like a reenacter

There has to be some way to bring it back. Robes and cloaks have been a thing in most cultures but at least here in the west they've been dead and gone for a long time. What can we do to revive them?

Frilly socks and converse would be something I'd love to wear but I'm w guy and don't want to look sissy. Also love neat fishnet stockings.

Swords as fashion accessories, like pic related but a longsword not a disgusting katana

Like this, I should have posted it instead

post robe fit pic, please

that ll bean patchwork jacket is one of my all time grails

I don't take pictures of my clothing or really myself. Here's me now, it doesn't look like how it normally but I was in the process of changing dress.

Basically I have a growing collection of robes, cloaks, harem pants, lambas, loincloths, sarashi, etc... That I mix and match daily. This one was picked out to balance my towering head wrap with it's own set of patterns and those all compliment my jewelry and pieces I had on my arms and ankles.

I bought a beret literally identical to that one the other day, and I think it looks really cute. I've gotten a couple compliments on it. But I do have a vagina.

How has no one posted this

IDK it works the same way Works, pattern and color clashing but ultimately balanced by pants and headwrap.

Just do it pussies

because it looks stupid

thats kinda the theme of the thread

I actually wish more clothes worked with belts like that. But there's nothing modern you can wear to justify that.

no it isn't. The theme of the thread is things you would love to wear but wouldn't fit into our modern times. It doesn't have to look stupid.

Got a nice Mexican poncho at the Mexican market, a simple one like pic. It is a lot like a light sweat shirt in it is a little warmer but very breathable and really cuts down the cold wind, perfect those days it is just a little chilly but not cold. I am a practical person and found it it works well, except ...
apparently a tall blond hair blue eyed boy can't wear one because

1. could hid a shotgun
2. security risk
3. it raciest
4. not socially acceptable
5. a fashion sin
6. it makes you a person of suspicion
7. you have to leave the the area if you continue to wear that
156. that shade of green doesn't go with your hair

I wore it one day and got stopped every five seconds for someone to complain about it from the Secret Service to an old lady in a walker to a school bus of rude children. I still have it but apparently I can't wear it anywhere, even my roommate banned it. But it perfect for long walks on slighting chilly days.

Wtf is wrong with those shoes, looks like clown shoes and pants because of them

that might actually be a pretty good suggestion, as it looks "socially acceptable" and the concerns may not apply to me.
i dont think many people in my country even know what a mexican looks like (i certainly dont) so i guess that suspicion thing will be okay for me.

What country? Here in the USA lots of people look down on Mexicans as illegal criminal immigrant that steal job, new president got good reviews for the talking point of building a wall to keep'em out. So dressing like that is even more politically charged then it was back when I did it.

Mexican deserts have very dramatic daily hot and cold cycles and these work well as they make a dead air gap on the from and back of you which keeps the chilly wind away as well as the hot sun. The open sides let the moisture from sweat out so it doesn't get too muggy inside, and you can easily flap it open when it does. Given how the inside and outside temps range for me it works well, as I hate having to dress and undress as I enter and leave building through the day.

Also Mexican ponchos seem to have two major color patterns that one above and the much more colorful one closer to this cheap imitation. I think it had more to do with the region as Mexico is huge with many different groups.

Problem is this with a large Sombrero and a bottle of Tequila is sold as those stereotypical Mexican Halloween outfit, which is considered very cultural insensitive, pic. And looks nothing like modern Mexicans.

It funny how a long time ago clothes had been refined to be incredibly practical. Every part had a reason for being.

The famous English suit had all those layers because it was cold up there, yet it became the symbol of successful businessmen so people wear then in the hottest heat waves because it "proper business attire". That's not fashion, that stupidity. You can make expression with colors, patters and very small cuts, without significantly compromising function.

You can wear one but you also need to have a baguette under your arm at all times.

>loves frilly socks and fishnet stockings
>but doesn't want to look sissy

came back cause I saw this, couldn't agree more. Ponchos and cloaks came back into for women last year and so badly did I want to jump on that but..

wear whatever you want at home.

Boilersuits look awesome but I have no reason to wear one. I bought this one and it was two sizes too big for me, too.

I watched a ballet and noticed a pair of dancers wearing animal onesies during the intermission, they'd probably make a pretty comfy post-workout suit.

>look awesome
>no reason to wear one
What other reason do you need? That would look really good if you are tall enough.

damn I wish I could wear a robe. Does this kind have a specific name, with the flat fron?

Man buns are fine it's top knots that suck. Just put the bun on the back of your head where a pony tail would be.

I don't want to wear this but I'm stoked someone is out there wearing this.

Amazing

Do want sans face paint

Super cute.

Cat lady core lol

Chill out Aladdin

I have a jacket similar to this except it doesn't have the huge cut in the middle and its olive. It's even a similar length and ive sewn some cool fabric scraps around high contact points to simulate boro. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but I've received more compliments on that piece of clothing than anything else in my wardrobe, even from complete strangers in the stupid farm town I live in. I'd say definitely go for it if you're interested.

this man literally dresses like any other afghan
Just cuz he burned down half of the country killing commies doesnt make his apparel any better

err...
isn't that an A&F jacket?

haider ackermann ss18

I would like to make this my everyday style but its too out there for now. Its basically a dress. If I was gay that would be fine but im sure my girlfriend doesnt want to go shopping with me at target wearing this. She says it's cute but shes just being nice. Plus I cant wear this to work. I guess once I start teaching history it will be fine cause I can just say im wearing it to show how ancient greeks dressed.

Thisistheodore wore this with a Cav Empt mask and an Acronym J28-K and made it look fucking litty

the raw hems and loose threads around your neck do make you look like an insane LARPing homeless man

Even though it's kind of a /k/ meme, I unironically love this look.

Forgot the fucking picture again.

dude pants like these are pretty comonplace, i'd wear them even to uni some timses if it's nice and sunny, get nothin but love. If you're out in the city or somethin though you might look like a bit of a hippie but you don't stick out that much.

W2c that shirt

Well it was just a test piece. Had to refit it quite a bit

prance around town in this heat

from ireland and i wear my peruvian poncho all the time, me @ a rave.

i'd like one that's a bit shorter like only goes to my mid-thighs, this one covers my knees.

I wish senpai