Been thinking about going under the knife the last few days. i'm 22, 5'11" and 140lbs, but i have a genetic...

been thinking about going under the knife the last few days. i'm 22, 5'11" and 140lbs, but i have a genetic, small double chin that ruins my jawline. been exercising away the skinnyfat in attempts to solve it but it's not working.

estimates are 2.5k-3k in US. anyone done this? any stories?

my nose is a bit bigger than i'd like too, but it's not the worst of my problems. i'd take any stories on that too though.

post face

Nope, lucky for me I was born with a strong, masculine jawline.

oops

You don't have a double chin man, just just don't have any jawline

your face is fine bro I think it might be in your head cuz I can't see any double chin
Are you a mouth breather by any chance?

hm. would an insertion/lipo help me still?

no mouth breathing here

Prioritize nosejob over jawline. Also, stop pushing your chin against your throat because that makes your jawline look bad.

i'm doing it more than normal in the second pic for emphasis, but this happens in day to day life often enough that it bothers me. i think i'm going to set up a consultation with a local place soon.

posting inspiration

i feel like i could get away with doing this and not having any kind of social pushback if i took 2-3 weeks off work

You need jaw surgery, not a nose job/lipo. You have bimax recession, which is why your nose looks big.

Isn't it just an overbite tho? Maybe consider braces

i do have a pretty large overbite. i've trained my mouth to rest with my front teeth touching rather than the back. bimax is a useful word, thank you.

i was supposed to get braces when i was younger but i didn't. i regret it now. maybe it's not too late.

I just got mine at the age of 18 and I'm really happy :) Wasn't able to afford them before

i think i'm convinced to get this taken care of. glad to hear it worked well for you!

thank you and everyone else

I'll be getting braces soon (plus a few teeth removed and maxiofacial).

I'm 31.

have you thought about getting the retainer-like braces? e.g. invisaligns?

>teeth removed

y tho

Sometimes one of the reasons people can need braces is teeth that are kind of all crammed in together and can't sit properly because there's too many for the size of the mouth.

I had to have 4 teeth removed when I had braces, and my teeth were sticking out because they were cramped.

The braces pulled my teeth into the gaps created by the removed teeth and now the sit straight and nothing sticks out.

>have you thought about getting the retainer-like braces? e.g. invisaligns?

I did, but the time it would take for them to have any noticeable effect, coupled with general minor inconvenience.

I've been in and out or surgeries for most of my life (I have very few long-bones or joints that aren't full of metal [thanks genetics]) so I'm almost comfortable with surgeries. Complacent even (which is worrying).