What's the deal with hoods?

What's the deal with hoods?
They are a necessity when it comes to rainy weather but so many fits lack them.

they can fuck up your hair

Came to say this

what anime is that from

reddit

kakashi

Where to cop those shoes

nike x acrnm

>They are a necessity when it comes to rainy weather
not true, the only time a hood actually adds any functionality to a fit is if it's made of some waterproof material, like goretex or at the very least nylon
for example in your pic the hood is essentially useless because it's quite clearly cotton, rain will just soak right through, which is stupid considering he's quite clearly going for a techwear look, with the neck gaiter, and the acronym jacket and shoes
why wear a $1000 waterproof tech jacket if you're just gonna throw a cotton hoodie underneath

Thank you

But so does rain

I don't know where all you guys live where the weather is cold enough for hoods. Where I live it's barely "cold" 2 months out of the year and we drive cars around so we don't get wet.

I'm guessing either urban or extremely rural areas

I live in Scotland and it can be dreary with threats of rain most of the time throughout the year. Add that to living in the city and yes a rainproof hood is pretty useful unless you go the umbrella route.

That jacket isn't waterproof

i stopped wearing hooded jackets when i became aware of fashion. Hoods are not aesthetic and only make u look like a thug or a poor person. I carry an umbrella in my bag in case of rain and when its cold i just wear a scalf.

W2c pants?

what type of jacket is that

Acronym J1A-LP

I think my head is literally the most common head size for hats but so many hoods are just bullshit and don't cover you properly.
Gotta get some military or military-style shit for a good hood.

even worse then

hoods come in pretty handy with high windchill

cotton is not preferable though

What about facemasks like OP's pic? Seems super useful where I live, but I feel it would be difficult to pull off.