What shoes do you wear on a date?

What shoes do you wear on a date?

I've had no need for suits or formal shoes for a long time and so have non. I've just had casual relationships and so never really dressed up for dates.

But now I'm in a serious relationship and I want to take her somewhere nice. I'm not wearing a suit, but i should probably have some nicer shoes than sneakers.

I'm kind of poor so $150 is about the limit. Someone recommended black desert boots but supposedly its a meme.

tl;dr whats a not too expensive nice shoe to dress up for a date?

Desert boots are a meme but they look nice to normies who don't know any better

Desert boots are classic and look great. Esp. Finished leather ones like in the pic

She would probably count as a normie. But I'm not trying to get a $150 meme just to wear every so often on a date. Is there something similarly clean?

Desert Boots are ideal for your situation, honestly

Desert boots are fine. I like the beeswax ones.

Desert boots or wingtips

imo if ur skinny get chelseas
if u don't have skeletor legs get deserts
i think chelseas are easier to dress up so they'd be more versatile
just don't be that guy who wears a sweatshirt + distressed lightwash jeans with them

Can I throw in a curve ball?

Wallabies or weavers

So even though they're a meme, they're the best choice? That makes things easier.

I'll never wear distressed clothing of any kind.

I was also considering the desert london which seem to be just shoe versions of desert boots

Just get some blüchers in a natural brown color, John Lobb makes nice entry-level ones.

There's desert boots with a rubber sole for like $80. They're the bushacre version

They're not a meme Veeky Forums's just being retarded like always.
You're a fool if you take fashion advice from Veeky Forums

Bro, if you like Desert Boots, cop them. fuck all of that "this and that is a meme". Jesus, have some kind of a brain to make decisions for yourself man

Chelsea boots would be my go to

Get the black suede desert boots over the leather. The black suede looks great and is surprisingly versatile.
Save up and get some nice black leather derbies at a later date.

would these chelsea's be good?

BRUH nice choice with the desert boot but the black makes you look like an emofag. try the beeswax! it's a great dress up look as well as a perfect casual look. basically a "look good but pretend you're not trying"

how do they size?

>dating

If they're Clark's, size down. They run a little big.
Source: I have Clark's

Go a full size down. I'm a 10.5 in Vans and wear 9.5 for desert boots.

Get some gucci loafers and zara chinos with a tight white or floral shirt, button it up and add a necklace if you like

Shirt goes into pants and have a nice belt like saint laurent western or Hermes

bet you won't

Then he should go down a size and a half. Vans run half a size big in most models

Wear it on one foot and this could be a good icebreaker
>"How'd you break your ankle user?"

Clarks Desert Trek are a good choice, bought mine for about 85 but I've just checked and they're on sale for 55 at some places. They age nicely too

he lives in Seattle though, so they probably had some water

I've always disliked that seam running down the middle.

am I the only one who considers the concept of "dating" as an attribute of insecure person? I mean I have nothing against dating, but sitting there thinking "damn, I have a date today. what should I wear?" isn't /fa to me. dunno. sounds like lack of self confidence

It has little to do with self confidence, it's more about being respectful of your SO and showing them that you care enough about them to not look like shit. Or not look how you usually do.

have you ever been on a date, user?

do you automatically dress for the situation? or do you follow the same style for every activity user?

and if you don't, why do you put thought in what you're gonna wear? because that's where you'll find the answer as to why people dress up for dates

This is kind of my point. I've always been pretty creative with the odd date and it's never formal or fancy. And usually I try to sleep with them on the first date, then we don't really date after that. Just drink and fuck.

But I'm getting older and this one is pretty special. She knows I usually do what I want, but i know she wants me to dress like a normie and take her to a fancy dinner. I can at least do that for her.

Women are a meme anyway.

This is the only answer. Everyone else is meme'ing. I wear these bad boys every day and the girls need to wear a rain coat for how wet they get