What is the most Veeky Forums field to major in?

what is the most Veeky Forums field to major in?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Emerson_College_people
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fashion

economics and finance

Major doesn't matter, but the school does.

Ivys are a safe bet, but Emerson College is underrated. A ton of famous writers, directors, musicians, and comedians graduated from Emerson.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Emerson_College_people

un-effay
>engineering
look at 90% of people who major in this for evidence.
>comp sci
again similar reason as to why.

you can still be Veeky Forums in those majors, but those majors have a slant toward dressing sloppily/lazily.

being a broke musician

Found the guy who goes/went to Emerson

Architecture my man

There's nothing Veeky Forums about being homeless and jobless.

yes there is

Business. Architecture and law also.

t. Emerson theater major

>law
only if sleazecore

mech. engineering here.
can confirm.
Although it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

law is far from fashionable.

English, philosophy, history.

are there any Veeky Forums careers that are also financially stable?

as an user mentioned earlier, i'd argue architecture is a pretty stable and effay field

Forestry, Geo or something similar for /out/ core

Architecture has one of the highest unemployment rates and is really oversaturated.

Only get in it if you have connections and an actual passion for it.

Investment Banking or finance related careers, specially if you are a male (suits galore)

can't be Veeky Forums and a poorfag

What you're looking for is: a high earning job where you frequently meet with rich clients who will judge you very harshly, and thus you must look your best to at least tick the easiest boxes.
The hardest boxes to tick are other things these clients judge you on, like your charisma, your circle, your car, your wife's looks, your friends. Your knowledge of your field is a given.

And there you have it. In order to have a Veeky Forums job (an investment banker, a lawyer, a shipbroker to name a few) you must not be the kind of person who posts on Veeky Forums

not autistic engineering or self obsessed artfags

>Selling your soul to be a cog in a megacorporation is effay
Idk...

My vote goes to something like philosophy or English. Not effay careers, but pretty effay majors. Besides, you can always take something like philosophy into law school.

What about construction management?

being a simple laborer is the profession with the highest Veeky Forums threshold.

That sounds like the opposite of Veeky Forums. There's nothing effay about construction

Comp sci here
Only friend who lurks Veeky Forums is really Veeky Forums here

Do you think an investment banker, a lawyer, a shipbroker or an insurance broker are just a "cog in a megacorporation"?

No cog is ever highly paid, people who get paid are indispensable.
In these cases, they have their own clients and bring them with them when they change jobs.

>bright academic future
>liberal arts
ha.

I'm considering that major as my plan B how is it? Are the job prospects good? (I'm in TX btw)

psychology?

full of the dumbest pseuds in uni

R8 major in kinesiology w/ minor in pharmacy

should be a major in pharm. that shit gets you the big bucks.

>Joy Division if they never quit their day jobs

you have to go to grad to make any money and be an actual pharmacist

t. Chemistry major and Pre-Pharmacy

not being a wagie is the only Veeky Forums option, start a business and own your masters instead of being a lifeless cuck

huh?

I don't know, maybe fashion design?
Any anons out there with advice on starting a jewelry degree? Not sure if I should go to DIY or something, figured Veeky Forums had some accessory lovers.

fpbp

Could've fooled me

It seems that Veeky Forums is really lacking on accessories in general. Every time someone starts a ring or necklace thread everyone calls them a try hard fag. I personally enjoy both, but don't wear either as I'm not attractive and I WILL look like a try hard loser if I wear either. I also wish I was feminine looking enough to paint my nail, but I'm not so I don't.

>Being cuck to capital

>Ivy League
Lol? It's a bunch of sweatpants wearing nerds, fobs, pajeets, and normie girls.

M E D I C I N E

agreed

business is the literal frat major wtf are you talking about
im betting with this guy
unironically this
nescac is where the real /prep/ happens

In modern society you're expected to be useful and work together with people for something greater than yourself. I like wearing a suit, making a lot of money and having a company that offers benefits from paying your rent to offering super good stock packages. Dunno why everyone nowadays needs to shit on banking, we literally make people's dreams come true. Business loans out to entrepreneurs are what built this world.

Got major in Supply Chain (logistics) and worked in a megacorp. Didn't feel right here at all, so I left. Now get my master degree in business informatics since I'm skilled a programming and had most fun with it as a processing engeneer for logistics.
Also memes aside you can work with this degree in every fucking industry, I have an internship at Antonioli this winter.

Effay schools:
>> Harvard
>> Princeton
>> duke
>> Columbia
>> Vanderbilt
>> William and Mary
>> wake forest
>> Boston College
>> Williams
>> Amherst
>> USC

>tfw made the list
thanks user im glad William and Mary is effay. How long until UVA folks get mad as fuck a this post?

Clearly you aren't around the CAC at all. Almost every NESCAC school presents a thin or non-existent spectre of the greek life scene which would render unto them any marginal layer of the 'prep' title. Places like Tufts, Williams, Amherst, Middlebury, Bates, ConnColl, or Colby are unfortunately small enough in student body that they are able to essentially be held hostage by a small contingent of campus extremists who end up dictating the course of the school's social scene. Most of the NESCAC schools have abolished Greek life, and those that haven't are inching (or being inched) day by day closer to a status like Reed college. This isn't, of course, to say that there isn't a considerate amount of wealth at those schools, there is, it is just that they do not at all fulfill the qualities of a classical definition of 'prep', that which this thread is subscribing to. They instead represent a contemporary prep that serves as a conscionable evolution.

Proper classic prep schools are still the Ivys (sans Brown), Duke, Union, Wake Forest, Hobart and William Smith, William and Mary, Washington and Lee, and so on.

Film

that just lowers the bar and makes it easier to look good by comparison

Just be good at whatever you want to do. Confidence in where you are is effay.

Pure math
Philosophy

this guy knows
>studying maths and philosophy at most effay uni

anything at Union college

It's been said before but major: finance/economics

work: finance

Trust me that if you walked around the trading floor of any major bank like Goldman, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, etc its all the finest high end fashion from NYC. Those people get paid a ton and have a serious competitive edge and a 'keeping up with the jones' mentality. Also they think in ways like projecting power and worth through clothing/watches, guys will even go to lengths to perfect some super complex way to knot their tie.

I've never watched the show Mad Men but if everyone wear super fancy dope suits in that than banking is the modern day equivalent

law and politics here so I'm gonna shill my exact major lol !!!

would you recommend a path similar to this for someone who isn't great with math?

Schenectady is a shit hole and every1 at union is an autist

come say that shit at my frat castle faget

Yes m8

What is the point of a thread like this? People are either going to post their own major, something to do with arts/design, or something that will get you a job in academia. Are you going to decide your major based off of how effay it is or are you just looking for reassurance that your major is cool?

t.brainlets

>Major in IT
>Most guy on the IT team dress poorly
>Stand out in my business casual attire
CIO said he loves it when employees dress sharp

I want to minor in Finance, think it'll couple well with IT? Right now at my IT internship I'm making $20.75 an hour, does the Finance field pay its interns more than that?

i go to hobart actually but i went to prep school and preppy kids end up at nescacs (or the schools you listed but less so due to geography)

BC is not. If you're going Jesuit, LMU and Fordham are more effay

>he unironically thinks people who major in engineering or comp sci dress well on average
kek'd

Yeah, that's my point. You can be Veeky Forums in a major that usually dresses like shit and you'll stand out in a good way (usually).

It's all wankery m8, Anyone who takes these types of threads seriously is way too easily influenced by internet strangers on an indonesian meat carving forum.

"having clients" fucking sucks. of course people look up to people with "clients," but the lifestyle fucking sucks. I would much rather be a well paid cog than have to deal with clients in a toxic industry.

a career where you're judged by your looks, how slick you can talk, and "social stature" (car, wife, et cetera) suck. you have to constantly prove that you're valuable (or make appearances that you are!!), you have to constantly hustle people for business, you have to constantly pitch people.

you're beholden to "people with" and most of the time you make compromises. You are a bitch to the money. I guess it is "effay" though whatever the fuck that means.

They dress practically which is dressing well. They also never take fuckboys seriously.

>unironically using the word fuckboys
nice
but even if engineers dress like shite they'll be making decent money if they do well in school

>unironically believing too much self indulgence is not obnoxious

>tfw went to high school in suburb outside of SDY
Are you two from the area?

Research in artificial intelligence

Make her real m8
>tfw no bully AI gf

>Columbia

Mein nigga

This.
The money is the best, but it's too close to the harsh reality of capitalism - no matter how many of their checks you cash, you're still just a house nigger.

case in point

Totally depends on your personality and what you can do best and enjoy doing best. Evaluate your skills. I got logistics degree simply because megacorp had a shitty cahrity programm (basically so many people left they were ready to pay for university of young people if they sign for two years), so I got debt-free out of it and could learn best what I can and want to do.

cant imagine a more shallow profession