What's it like to go bald at a young age?

What's it like to go bald at a young age?

Looks like alopecia right? Atleast its more treatable than mpb. Assuming this pic is real

Ask me in five years

sucks. ive been slowly receding since i was like 16. ive always hidden it well but its a serious blow to my confidence. whenever i see people with perfect hairlines and thick hair i catch myself staring.

Don't worry, my hair is thick af and my hairline's perfect, but my haircut is atrocious. Seriously I need something else, rec me haircuts pls, mid-long to short as hell are possible.

Real.

it must suck being that handsome and go bald

Same here, I'm not that bad but my forehead is big and it doesn't look god.

I wish I had that perfect hairline to get every haircut I want.

I've had high temples since I was 16 but it wasn't really a problem because my hair was ridiculously thick.
every time I got a haircut I would get commented on how much hair I have and people would compliment me all the time for having great hair.
Flash forward a year later and my hair is noticeably thin all over my scalp. My temples have taken the hardest hit.
I'm 21. Ive come to terms with it now and decided I'm gonna own it until it's time to buzz. I have a fin prescription that I haven't touched and don't think I ever will. It helps that I am a 7+/10 or at the least I keep telling myself that for my self confidences sake

Dude would still look hot with a shave desu.

you will drop 2 points if you shave your head

bald at 19 here

just don't try to look like you have a georgeous hair and shave it or cut it too short.

Not all receding hair lines look too ugly in my opinion. This is coming from someone who doesn't have a receding hairline

That's just a mature hairline. Grow up.

hey baldee
thoughts on bladee?

Why do people start growing it out even more when they start balding?

They hope to cover it up? Just wear a hat or something you can't trust long hair to cover your shit when wind blows and ruins it all.

Or buzz cut.

Fun :^)

thick head of hair here but I'm not really dreading going bald

I'll just shave my head and it's one less thing to worry about

Feelings of inferiority and anger, just like being a shitposter on Veeky Forums.

ouch

been balding since 16, it's pure shit, brought me nothing but anxiety, depression, sadness, insecurities, self-awareness. I'm on finasteride and minoxidil, at least I want to keep the hair I have left

I'm already a 4 or 5 so I'm so fucked.

Poor guy.

>young age

Male pattern baldness typically shows up in your late teens. Seeing it before 18 would be a little early but the idea that everyone keeps their hair until they're 36 is a myth propagated by Hollywood, since actors typically make heavy use of baldness retardants and wigs until they're that age or older.

Not gunna lie, it is hell at first. It feels like your world is collapsing when you are 18, 19, 20. It is something totally out of your control and it's not fair. But in order to make up for it you end up getting in shape and developing into an independent, attractive man. Then you totally stop giving a shit into your 20s.

I unironically think receding hair line looks badass in some people. It makes you look tougher, experienced, and more reliable. It also end ups being an opportunity to show how you don't give a fuck which is a trait women like and men respect. Men in their 30s with a bit of crows feet and a super youthful hairline look kinda pathetic.

My baldny gonna be all in the top of my head. What do
I love Bruce, I wish i have that type of baldness :(

It sucks really bad but at the same time, what can you do? I'm slowly getting used to it.

there will be a real/affordable cure int he next ten years anyway

People have been saying that exact phrase for over 100 years now.

Its way different now

It's legit. Drug companies are shelving some top tier treatments for issues like short shelf life now which goes to show they don't think it's worth pushing research cause something better will be out soon. These treatments are already way better than the finasterine self castration treatment.

My guess is a topical anti-androgen will be out soon (there already is but it's got way short shelf life so it's only available as a research chemical). If there's any systemic absorption then a very low dose of newer gen roids should negate any negative endocrine impact.

Perhaps as soon we'll see hair transplants grown from stem cells. This technology is already done but is currently not safe for testing on humans (seriously fuck the anti-nazis there's so many wonder cures from stem cells we can't use simply because testing on humans is 'omg like literally what hitler would do'). This will be an expensive one at first but it will completely restore any hairline.

Both topical anti-androgens (localized fin) and stem cell transplants should be out in about say 8-15 years. Maybe sooner. Hollywood has some top of the line shit apparently and if I dare wear my tinfoil hat it might be 'cause with enough enough money and connections some asian guy might hook you up with stuff not properly tested formally (you can't forward the product by tricking some chinese farmers into using it for cash so the sluggishness is mostly due to legal reasons but yes there is one topical anti-androgen already if you mail order from china).

My recommendation for now is to just do minox after every shower. Just as you already put on some lotion, just put on some cheap generica minox foam. Keeps it from deteriorating further at least.

Just get a hair transplant guys. If you cant afford one here then go abroad to places like Mexico or Turkey. Ive always had a big horehead but really thick hair and now im 22 and my mature hairline has gone into full affect. Wouldnt look too bad if i didnt have a monster forehead. Im going to save up 5 grand this year and head down to Mexico to reduce my forehead by an inch and fill my temples in. Its not that bad just sucks having to wait as i want to be in my prime by 24.

Isnt the general rule that youre not supposed to get a transplant until youre older?

Had some chick tell me I looked 30 when I was 25. Got a transplant. Now I look my age.

Its recommened you wait until the balding has run its course or at least is under control but the way i see it i don't want to be a 50 year old guy with a great head of hair. I want to be a young guy with a great hair because now is when its going to help me the most. Ill probably have to get a touch up in 10 years for the bald spots that will accumilate but ill worry about that then.

No fin then? Just minox?

Where do i cop some cool clear aviators

I have a hairline that matured very very quickly. In a matter of 2 years I went from a laser tight hairline to mickey mousing.

The red line indicates about where my hairline used to be. Due to the birthmark on my forehead I have a unique indicator of just how far my hairline is receding.

For those with MPB or fucked up hairlines: it isn't the end of the world. I just buzz my hair and it looks fine. Nobody has ever noticed.

Did he have a transplant? Recent pics look full and thick

Jesus. If this is real you pull it off

It sucks, but thankfully treatments like finasteride and minoxidil work well at maintaining/slowing down the process. I've been on finasteride alone for close to 2 years and my hair looks the same since I started. No sides.

Fin is an anti-androgen which causes a decrease in serum test making you weaker, lethargic, and it lowers your libido a lot. Long term use of such a product could cause permanent endocrine disruptions, AKA you get a mini castration.

Since it is systemic, it can not be countered by a weak xeno-androgen (in contrast to topical anti-androgens which exist but due to shelf life concerns aren't widely distributed yet) to maintain a balanced endocrine system.

In my opinion it is not worth risking permanently fucking up your endocrine system as well as your mental and sexual health for fin when there's already hair transplants and minox, and soon there will be even better treatments. But on the other hand, it's great at shutting down your (DH)Testosterone so it works a lot better than minox alone. If you want to become an asexual transvestite then I recommend you to eat fin like candy.

It's ok on you cause you had a very small forehead before and the decrease is fairly even. Harder if you have a massive forehead to begin with.

Also growing stubble is a great idea. If ur head is bald then the rest of you better not be, unless you can pull the extremely handsome SS man look but few can.

I hate people like you.

The majority of people take the drug without problems; there are only a small minority of people with beta genes that get sides (aka people with low test). I've been on the drug for close to 2 years and haven't had any sides at all except a fuller head of hair.

Any sources to back this up? I would like this to be true but it just sounds like the millionth false promise on hair loss

everyone looks good in buzz

just stop masturbating ffs

I have thin, very fine hair. MPB since age 19. Had some very negatively-stressful years a few years back, caused me to lose even more hair.

I used to stress about it. These days, the frame of mind I think of my hair is, it makes me immediately recognizable from behind.

Shiseido is the closest to releasing there treatment. They partnered with replicel and have apparently seen some good results in maintaining hair and regrowth.

There current timeline is 2018 and it's to be released in Japan. Odds are it will be extremely expensive especially if it's a success.

>Odds are it will be extremely expensive especially if it's a success.
Honestly I dont see what the point of making this sort of drug expensive is. Unless its already extremely expensive to produce and the profit margins are small.

If it actually works, and is affordable enough, then they litterally have 50% of the worlds male population buying this shit.

he could get away with shaving his head due to his narrow and quite low forehead
it's all about the forehead, if your 5head is wider than your midface or even fucking ears then there is no hope, you're not gonna look good no matter what, if that is followed by a small lower third and weak chin/jaw better already kill yourselves.
It wonders me how we have so many people with fucking 5heads when it's so disgusting compared to narrow small foreheads, that natural selection should take care of it, but it fucking doesn't

are you blind? his hairline is intact, it's the thining

whats with all the bald, dunkirk, e-sports, polbait and smoking threads, are you retards allergic to actual fashion discussion or something?

shut the fuck up

Veeky Forums in general and especially /tv/ is autistically obssesed with hairlines. Its actually wierd

you're telling me that the average girl won't notice a horrendous hairline?

the fuck did he do to his hair? tight cornrows?

i mean define horrendous, people on Veeky Forums blast harry styles for having a receding hairline yet girl think hes adorable. And not just cause hes famous. if youre handsome youre handsome, a better hairline would be great but girls dont care that much at all

You get over it

This isn't true. There are plenty of handsome people that would look ridiculous bald. Just like an amazing outfit could look dumb on the wrong body-type. There are also people whose looks, face, and head shape can overcome hairloss. That doesn't mean they're more atttactive.

I got alopecia totalis at age 15, so pretty much all the hair on my head fell out (eyebrows included)

was pretty insecure about it for a while but over time I started taking solace in the fact that it created sort of a unique look. In reality people dont really seem to give a shit and I cared about it way more than other people did. I try to take pride in it, but on some level I still wish I had hair.

I'm bald.

I went bald at age 20 and totally took a blow to my self esteem. Ever since than I always wear hats and shave my head.
Barely started be comfortable with my own skin and been going out more with out the cap. I just take care of my skin, excercise, eat healthy, and focus on my career and hobby's. I see guys that went bald with cute girls from bro girls to indie girls. You only live once so I wouldn't dwell on it or you'll regret the years you didn't live.
also doesn't hurt to try medication. It's expensive but it could work. look into "The big 3" if it doesn't work just get the clippers out.

I think that guy would look relatively OK if he didn't put in a wet look or too-thick gel, wax, or pomade. He should also avoid a center or off-center parting, as it causes the picture's example of falling locks to the side, emphasizing the contrast of his frontal hairline and the receding temples. It works for some people who have high foreheads and receding temples, but not on him. I think he may have alopecia, as well. Fresh out of the shower, he should just dry his hair and part it from the side, or wear it shorter, Caesar style, with a little bit going forward on the sides and front.

How is it more treatable?

nigs can pull off looking bald/buzzed so i don't know why you're worried.

Starting noticing thinning when I was like 20 and it was the worst at the time. I accepted fate and just when super short buzzcut and now bald and it honestly doesn't matter.

People don't care and if you carry yourself with confidence, it actually will just end up attracting more people. And if you're wondering, no, girls really don't give a fuck

>black
It's different. You fags have the right skull shape for it.

>I have a fin prescription that I haven't touched and don't think I ever will.
Why? Shit works well for diffuse thinners.

You'll need to be on fin for the rest of your life even if you get a transplant, fyi.

Turkey has some of the best hair transplant surgeons in the world tho. They're better than European surgeons but also cheaper.

>fin when there's already hair transplants and minox
No reputable hair transplant surgeon is going to operate on you if you haven't been on fin for at least one year before getting a transplant and you'll have be on it forever after the transplant. Min doesn't stop hair loss, so it's pointless without fin.

Fin works by preventing conversion of testosterone to DHT which is what causes hair loss by affecting hair follicles that are sensitive to it. Fin doesn't lower testosterone. It was originally used to treat benign prostatic enlargement and can also prevent prostate cancer.

The main tranny meds are estradiol and spironolactone (to block/reduce testosterone). Finasteride is not a real tranny drug, but some of them take it for hair loss, to reduce body hair, and to reduce DHT in general. However, the main thing is it needs to be taken in combination with estrogen to be of any real use for trannies. Trannies is also take it in way larger doses than is necessary for hair loss. Men taking it for hair loss have nothing to worry about in that regard. You obviously don't know anything, so stop spreading bullshit lies.

actual fashion - posts a nigger

This, why is everyone missing this post when its true.

look at this DISGUSTING hairline

0/10 would bang

started wearing a hat at , like 27 because i couldn't do anything with my hairs anymore. lost my mojo desu. most women don't like baldies. also it's a hassle to be bald: i used to cut my hairs like once every 2 months but if you shave it all off like they ALL say you will quickly realize that you have to shave your head every week or else it looks like shit! quite a hassle. i fucking hate how i look but anyway it doesnt matter since i'm not looked at as a sexual being anymore. except for fucking old crazy bitches who think they have a shot with me, and that makes me even more depressed.

also: true story i tried one of them pill to keep my hairs, i think it was called proscar... it made my hairs thinner and i lost them maybe a year sooner! lol.

(to be clear: i didnt take just a single pill , took em for a few months of course)

?
I'm pretty sure the reason it's so cheap is because it's not an actual doctor operating on you but a tech. I read a first hand experience on a hair loss forum and he said the only time he saw the doctor was during his comsultation

Well for one proscar is 5mg which is way over the recommended dosage. Most people see just as good results with .5mg twice a day. 2nd shedding at first is normal when taking fin and minox. It's killing all the weak dying hairs and making way for a new healthier hair to grow in it's place

My dad went bald when 20. He painted a lot of paintings with bald deformed humans on dark apocalyptic backgrounds. I dont even have to ask him. His paintings says it all. Sorry have no pictures nearby to share.

>That doesn't mean they're more atttactive
They actually are.

need more pics to make fun of bald people with

Wow, I'm surprised some on Veeky Forums actually understands this. 99% of the time it's just filled with idiots parroting what some sketchy plastic surgeon told them.

so that is who will play putin in the inevitable biopic

when it gets to the point when you cant hide it as well, either buzz or go completely bald if youre the right age and rock it
confident bald >>> combed over thin

kek

anyone else here barely able to grow a mustache of facial hair?

22 and cant grow a proper mustache, only get hair on my chin, and i barely even grow hair on legs, hairless arms. am i less likely to go bald?

Went bald at 18. You live with it.

yes
it can still happen tho

im 16 and i shave my head every week. i love being bald!

MODS

Yeah but it's different for everyone, my brother is 27 and can't grow anything on the front of his face other than a moustache, just the neck and sideburns.

I can grow it in all places but it's not dense enough to grow into a decent beard

Louis C.K I love your work

Keep your hair trimmed and build some muscle, you will be more than ok

jesus christ you're beautiful.

>go bald
>decide to not go for intellectual look
>but neither close buzz cut
>decide to not take care of beard well and make it a bit longer maybe get some sun on it to give some blonder highlights
>decide to get chubby instead of swole

Are you even trying? Do you want to just have to buy a thai whore wife?

пpивeт

You sound a bit upset

Shiseido is pushing a stem cell hair transplant (will probably cost fuckloads) but there will be other patents I'm sure which will push down the prices. The topical anti-androgen is some research chemical got a name some letters and numbers google it.

It targets older men usually of anglo-saxon origin that do not live in a patriarchal society so they have to live up to a western ideal of youthfulness.

AKA older western vain WASPs. You could push the price a lot.

Min slows down hair loss. So does fin. They attack the same problem in two ways one through direct vasodilation and one through indirect anti-anrogen effect (DHT conversion which in turn regulates vasoconstriction in superficial frontal follicles for mysterious reasons). Of course results will be better on fin but why look good if ur dick don't work.

Fin doesn't lower serum testosterone but you don't seem to understand DHT is more potent than serum test and is the fucking conversion. Compare it to dopamine/norepi conversion. Do you even know how the endocrine system works bro?

Did I say fin is used as a tranny treatment? No. It's called theatric effect. Fin alone does not a tranny make. It makes you more undifferentiated (decreases male sexual characteristics). It does not increase serum oestrogen although it does affect the androgen dominance. Men taking fin for hairloss not only suffer decreased serum DHT (with the range of obvious effects, some of which are positive some of which are deleterious). It is also well documented that there is a risk of persistent (3+month past discontinuation) decrease conversion even if you hop off the fin train due to cell inactivity, ergo you risk getting permanently fuckd. You do have something to worry about and should discontinue treatment if you notice DHT-related sides (but good luck ruling out placebo).

Where’s your thai whore wife?

Not into Asians my dude.