What keeps you motivated?

What mantra can you tell yourself to never give up?
I just turned 30, haven't made it financially yet. I know it's a marathon and not a sprint, but sometimes I can't help to compare myself with other my age and feel down a bit.

I know that as long as I'm disciplined, don't fall int o addictions, it's never too late to make it.

Who's with me? What do you tell yourself to never give up?
Please not too cheesy stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GM1cx9XXWaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who told you it's a marathon? It's 100% a sprint. I'm 22 and only have 17.5k in a Roth IRA and I'm behind

You'll understand when you see people around me getting depressed (even wealthy people), getting out of shapes, having nagging wives etc.

Multiple traps everywhere, one has to be careful

wow you're fucking stupid lmao, talking about how it's a sprint and not a marathon and then following by saying you have all your money invested into a retirement fund

NEET

A retirement fund that can up to double whatever money you put into it? Yeah, so fucking dumb!

Mine is "if I get any poorer they might actually throw me in jail."

First of all, you're only 22(so am I) life can be so unpredictable, that no matter what you do and how hard you try, you can(can, not will) always fail. There's no point in dying, you will have to be alive at some point again in the future. Make the most of it.

I got none. Opportunities just keep falling into my lap and I don't know why.

Implying any positive investment is a bad idea because my "Business Edgy" outlook obviously assuming that 1 investment and done is going to passively create a life of freedom and security is wrong and thats told to you very straightforward through a retirement fund its not bad and if other assets reward you its not a bad scapegoat if you need to pull out.

Couple years ago I started to make it a point to do something nice for at least one person every day. Harder than it seems sometimes but the karma is real. If by the end of the day I can't find something nice to do I might stop on my way home and hang a couple bags of microwave popcorn off the redox or something with a "enjoy your movie" stickie. Eventually people notice and give you tips, dif oppurtunities that pop up and the plebs will say you're just lucky

This too, Shall pass.

or just rock out to this every morning when you're eating yer wheaties

youtube.com/watch?v=GM1cx9XXWaE

>What keeps you motivated?
The fact tat there are still 2 people that bullied me in highschool that are more successful than I am.

I've beaten about 98% of them, now I just need to pass these two.

After that I don't know. Probably drugs and suicide.

Struggling to find motivation at the minute. Smoking weed 3-4 times daily which may be the problem but I'm not prepared to stop yet. Tips?

>know that as long as I'm disciplined, don't fall int o addictions, it's never too late to make it.

you are on Veeky Forums, you are already lost

>Struggling to find motivation at the minute. Smoking weed 3-4 times daily which may be the problem but I'm not prepared to stop yet. Tips?

I smoked weed everyday for two years. And I am not kidding, it was literally every day. Until one day I stopped, because I had absolutely no enjoyment in it anymore. Oversaturation.

tl; dr: stop.

I have 10 years+ experience of weed smoking.
>may be the problem
It *is* the problem and it's not the only one. It's a vicious cycle, but the reason I'm sober for 5 days so far, is because it's a life or death situation for me right now. If I don't save up money that I spend on weed my rotten teeth can rot the rest of my skull.

Did you notice any lasting effects? I started smoking about 4 years ago but didn't start smoking daily til about a little over 1 and a half years ago. Since then the longest break I've had would've been a few 2 week breaks when I was on vacation or something.

I have the firm believe that I will win the lottery alone and get rich without having to work.

Not even joking.

Lasting effects? You'll have permanent(?) brain damage, you will be anxious, you will overanalyze things. If you lead an active lifestyle, chances are you will get injuries while being addicted and only notice the pain after you stop, because weed is a strong painkiller.

I smoked weed every day from when I was 15 until I was 37. Now im 57 and a financial advisor hopped up on coffee and nootropics dealing with rich asswipes all day. Once you realize life is just a joke, all you will care about the only things you will giver a shit about is getting through the workweek, and food.

pic related

I don't believe that your 57 or that any 57 year old financial advisor would browse, let alone post on, Veeky Forums.

>permanent brain damage

what the fuck are you talking about Cheech?

If you kill yourself in the end, it was all for nothing. Your next goal should be to either outlive them and shit on their graves, completely demoralize them with a constant reminder of your success, or both.

Missed the (?), Chong

Born poor because parents thought it was cool to have children at an early age, dad split, blah blah blah you get the gist.

My whole life revolves around not doing anything to continue the cycle of poverty.

I hope you are joking and that saying youre not joking is in fact part of the joke

> 2 bullies are more successful
> You're beating 98%

So you were bullied by 100 people? Shit boy, at a certain point you have to accept that it's just you...

Top post

What?

Nope.
No joke. Despise the fact that the odds of winning are 1 in 60,000,000.

those aren't the odds when not everyone is playing

considering entrepreneurs will ditch one business for another, the odds of winning - depending on how you define it - are less than 1 in 10

The odds are always the same user.
This is not a contest. Ppl that choose the same numbers, will split the prize.
But the odds for everybody is 1:60,000,000 unless you pay more for your ticket to get more numbers.

Welp, someone has never even /glanced/ at a pharmacology book. "Addiction." Good Lord.

Need to prepare for coming race war, rebuilding western society when it falls from glory. We can't let our nations succumb to the barbarian hordes :')

Give us some financial advice

Probably child support or something

What does it say?

Die Freiheit, die die Alten erwarben, möge die Nachwelt würdig erhalten.

"Libertatem quam peperere maiores digne studeat servare posteritas."[9] (in English: The freedom won by our elders, may posterity strive to preserve it.)

WE WUZ VOC 'N SHIET

>Did you notice any lasting effects? I started smoking about 4 years ago but didn't start smoking daily til about a little over 1 and a half years ago. Since then the longest break I've had would've been a few 2 week breaks when I was on vacation or something.

No, not that I know of, I quit weed a year ago and am currently working in an institute at the university on my PhD, so I doubt I got retarded else they would cut my funding.

Weed does make you letargic though and after I stopped smoking I started waking up in the morning far more easier than before. That is the only difference, that and you don't eat as much.

Hey OP Tell me this. Can you imagine a man going to the nearest airport to catch a plane with only the vaguest idea of where he wanted to go? If you were the ticket
seller, what would you do to help him? Can you visualize what would happen?

Man: I'd like a ticket, please.
You: Certainly, sir, where to?
Man: Oh ... uh ... someplace nice.
You: I don't understand.
Man: Well, it's important I “get someplace”. I don't want to just waste time. I want to really get someplace.
You: Someplace like ... where?
Man: Oh, someplace where I can be happy. Where I can have a good income. Get a new car, maybe. Perhaps become an executive with a good company or even have my own business of some sort. Be able to take good care of my wife and kids. You know, I'd like to get someplace where things were really great for my family and me. Just give me a ticket; I'll pay for it.
You: But, sir, I can't sell you a ticket until you know exactly where you want to go.

Wouldn't that be your reaction? You would have no way to help that man until he could tell you where he wanted to go. And isn't that what you've been saying to life? “I want to get someplace” covers everything and yet nothing! One thinks he has a goal because he wants to “be somebody.” But until there is a very clear picture of that position, he cannot hope to achieve it.

>parents put so much work into me growing up
>went to different schools, public, Catholic, schools for learning disabled (ADHD and dyslexia), therapists, corrective surgeries, childhood sports, toys, vacations, rent, uni, bills, so my life was awesome and easy
>life still feels hard as balls and am lazy and have fucked up bad in the past (arrested 5 times, parents got me out every time saying I'm on my last chance)
>22 about to graduate in a few days bc class audited, got a few internship bc of my hard working engineer dad of 60
>turned my life around and parents were always there and had a pretty kickass life with little external consequences (have a few bad health problems now myself)
>both mom and dad failing health, mom in wheel chair extremely weak with muscle disease, dad walks with cane bc leg surgery from heart disease and might lose his leg(s) soon
>have fuck up older brothers who have been disavowed when they became fuckups in HS and college and didn't shape up

I'm the last chance for my parents to be proud of their children and I have little time. I want them both to see grand children (from me since my nephews have fuck up parents and have only seen my parents once each)

Tbh I think I got a 50/50 shot

>Money your parents gave you doesn't count user

Go see a chain dentist office like western dental user, you can put it on a payment plan then not pay it

live your life for yourself user, not your parents

Purging and retaking Constantinople.

>There's no point in dying, you will have to be alive at some point again in the future.

Come again?

Gawd, I feel you, bro.

good luck bro im rooting for you

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!"
I have that hanged up in my room. I wake up every morning and see that, feeling inspired

Inspired to do what? Occupy Wall Street?

lol

what does that even mean

get a job, get clothes & culture yourself, lie on your resume and get a real job in a big city, lie on your new resume and get a lateral promotion into a career

work hard and do it with a smile