Is being bald really that bad?

Is being bald really that bad?

seems comfy imo

Yes.

It is scientifically proven that baldness and other unattractive traits greatly influence your social standing and career. Less chances with women, less people want to interact with you socially, worse grades in university classes, worse job interviews, people trust you less.

Being bald is biologically speaking a warning sign to women that you should be avoided for procreation because your body is no longer able to maintain a healthy subcutaneous fat layer on your scalp, which is one of the clear indicators that label you 'old' and on the genetic decline since your dying cells are displaying severe effects on your system. It's the equivalent of saggy tits & fat cellulite ass for women. Think of it as the feathers that a male tropic bird uses for his mating prance to attract females. If you have no feathers, what do you want to prance with?

inb4 juvenile bullshit stories about manliness and cherry-picked rare individuals that somehow pose as a sex symbol

You might be over thinking it a little bit

Depends on your other features

that's why most president are bald.

Plus most women like a bald man.

No, they don't. Most women are repulsed by bald men.

>inb4 juvenile bullshit stories about manliness and cherry-picked rare individuals

>that's why most president are bald.
>Plus most women like a bald man.

Stay ass-devastated baldies.

No

cue ball or balding but refusing to give up is a death sentence

buzzed head is acceptable

On a personal level, I'm mid balding and I've sorta accepted that I'll probably never find someone who is super attracted to me and will never be capable of being in a loving relationship since dick is so cheap and I'll be of low stock. That being said, I can still get laid and that's good enough for me.

I think what's going to be key for baldos is to accept that in the current year, dick is cheap and instead of cuffing thots just focus on yourself. Most women would much rather a guy with thick hair, so let them fight over the thick hair bros. Get a brazzers, buy sicc fits

If you are fit, no

if hair is the only thing attractive about you, then yes, you're fucked

going bald is an amplifier. If you have zero self esteem, have bad posture or are fat/poorly dressed/have terrible skin, baldness only amplifies your prior unattractiveness.

the inverse is true. if you have musical talent/are in touch with "the feels", or you're in shape, or just generally confidant and comfortable in your skin, then going bald isn't bad.

11/10 certainty both of those dudes are gay and fucking each other, not the girl

>Being bald is biologically speaking a warning sign to women that you should be avoided for procreation because your body is no longer able to maintain a healthy subcutaneous fat layer on your scalp, which is one of the clear indicators that label you 'old' and on the genetic decline since your dying cells are displaying severe effects on your system.
Balding is caused by a heightened sensitivity to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) that manifests itself after puberty. It has nothing at all to do with "dying cells" and aging, you ignorant cretin.

cont.

Forgot to add
>Biologically speaking, you´re an imbecile.

>this what people who are balding actually believe

LMAO

This guy is mostly right but ignores that in today's society where not everyone is slave to visible genetic cues, you can make up for baldness by being conspicuously rich, famous, being good looking in other respects and having a great personality, etc. Everyone has a mixture of good and bad traits that are interpreted by potential mating partners and your success is based on an amalgamation of those. No one trait will doom you forever. I really don't understand why you weirdos take any one trait and make it a simple (flawed) binary of either "this makes you desirable, or at worst does not set you back" to "this catastrophically affects your chances to have sex"

You guys are fucking crazy

C O P E

>implying none of these baldies look hideously disfigured
>implying they're not just a shadow of their former self before going bald
I don't even know why you are so resistant the obvious. If you're bald, you're fucked. Post all the rich and famous bald people you want, in the end they still look like shit.

Wrong. DHT is just one of many factors that contribute to hair loss. How else would you explain the extremely high DHT levels in puberty and teenagers, but them having a perfect hairline at the same time? Research is advancing bro. DHT isn't everything.

>in today's society where not everyone is slave to visible genetic cues, you can make up for baldness by being conspicuously rich, famous, being good looking in other respects and having a great personality, etc.
Of course money can fix everything. But apart from that you're a dreamer. Go bald and then show me how you get your dream girl with your 'great personality'.... pffff..... hahahahahahaha....

>Wrong. DHT is just one of many factors that contribute to hair loss.
Not according to empirical, peer-reviewed scientific papers submitted to established scientific journals.
> How else would you explain the extremely high DHT levels in puberty and teenagers, but them having a perfect hairline at the same time?
You´re conflating testosterone with dihydrotestosterone. Sensitivity to DHT is triggered no earlier than after puberty.
> Research is advancing bro.
It hasn´t advanced since the mid 2000s in this regard.
>DHT isn't everything.
Unfortunately for snake oil salesmen, yes, it is everything.

I work with a bald guy with a giant head, he looks totally fine, I seriously think he'd only look 0.5 of a point / 10 better with hair.
I'd look absolutely fucked if I was bald because of my head and face shape.

I guess it might be a bit limiting but not a total disaster.

I found this quote on Pinterest: "I learned early in life that having a bald head is a visually dominant feature. A lot of general fashions or styles do not apply to us. Typically a more athletic or military look seems to hit the spot, while certain traditional looks can make us appear older."

I wouldn't go for military or athletic styles if you're not otherwise into that but while visiting Stockholm some time ago I noticed that a lot of business types seemed to sport a clean shaven head and the "national dress" of stockholm which would be a navy blue suit or suit jacket and jeans.

I'll post this Stockholm street fashion shot of a black dude since that's what you'll probably be expecting when talking about Sweden but IMO this style works quite well for white bois also.

some dudes look better bald like statham and zidane

is that a girl ? look more like a frog to me

In what world?

Christ this post is rife with projection of low self confidence.

Believing looks will grant you everything is retarded. Besides no trait alone will write you off completely.

All these threads are dumb. Look around you. Most guys have hair. Your average guy on the street has a shitty haircut, looks dumb, dresses awfully....so it doesn't matter. There are also bald people like this.

This is a package deal. You can't be bald, fat, boring, dumb, and a terrible dresser then grow hair and be magically better.

If you're attractive, interesting and successful, it doesn't matter what the fuck you do.

If you're the above, the answer to any "is x Veeky Forums?" question is yes. If you're not, the answer is always no.

I've been feeling ridiculously insecure about every aspect of my appearance for a few years now. Like it wouldn't be so bad if I was just a baldlet, manlet, chinlet, etc. But instead I lost the genetic lottery in all possible aspects.

Sort of like the shit is saying. It feels like everything in society is against me. Like I'm always going to be stuck in the "inferior" category and the best I can hope for is to just marry someone I don't particularly like, work a shitty 9-5 job I don't like, and die miserable.

I don't see the point in that. I mean, I just don't see the point in continuing to live in that kind of society.

a big relief for me to shave it off so I didn't how to think about how my hair looks

Of course they are.

I was really uncomfortable about losing my hair, it was fucking my confidence. I tried fin and minox but it didn't work really well. Finally I decided to shave before going on holydays: It was a really good thing to just let it go and stop caring about my hair for a while. Now I'm starting to accept it, being bald is not that bad I guess, you just have to accept it eventhough it's hard at first. I recommand buzzing before going on holyday, you're away from your life for some time and it can help to feel more comfortable with your body I think...

any of you baldies familiar with Ray Peat ? He has written excellent articles demystifying male pattern baldness. A blogger named Danny Roddy followed his recommended diatary protocol and supplements and completely stopped his hairloss. He made some interesting videos thoroughly explaining the rational behind why it works.i would highly recommend his youtube channel.

imagine the face of the guy who actually took the time to type this down
this board makes me feel better about myself every day

>implying testosterone makes you more rational

You guys all know deep down that testosterone is the BIGGEST problem with humanity. Needless wars, violence, rape, anger, aggression etc all from ONE fucking chemical.

Without it all the beta scientists can continue to make technological and medical progress, without all the moronic alphas starting literal world wars with each other over dumbass dick-measuring contests and power-grabs.

Honestly, take every male on earth, white, black, asian etc and pump them with oestrogen. What's the problem? There is none. Agreeableness goes up, cooperation increases, trust increases... the list goes on and on.

This is the final red-pill. Testosterone is the biggest problem facing humanity.

And before you all miss the point and say that we'll get cucked by stronger men, this theory only works when ALL men are given oestrogen. Of course if one race has more Test than another they will crush the weaker race.

Final thoughts. Pumping oestrogen into the water supplies of all nations would result in net benefits to humanity.

at the end of the day it depends on your perspective

i'd hate to be bald in my 20s, but past that? I could handle it. I'd grow a long ass wizard beard to compensate.

I have a perfect hairline but I want to go buzz, I think it looks really cool and I have good features for it (did it a few years ago after I bleached my hair)

If you can pull it off (the most important is being fit) it can look great.

Plus it goes with all styles imo. You can go from streetwear and milsurp to SLP and Haider.

And it's practical as fuck to maintain and you never have to style your hair

tru

nu-male detected

with a strong jawline/decent headshape a shaven head can look pretty aesthetic

pic related

>Blaming testosterone for wars
Wars are simply the easiest way to get richer or to solve a dispute that can't be solved with discussion. Why build when you can take.
For example:
Building a house by yourself is a lifetime goal, killing someone and taking his house takes no more than 10 minutes including finding a rock to bash his head in. About a minute if you have a gun as you don't have to chase him around your new house.
Hell, I'd say testosterone ain't even responsible for normal violence. I see more 50kg fuckboys with no sign of even a mustache starting shit than human-bears looking for trouble. I'd even say it's the opposite. Me being decently large and fairly good at intimidating has helped me get out of a whole lot of fights. The real trouble is when two fuckboys that wanna prove themselves go against each other or when two "wardrobes" on god knows what injections and pills that keep their dicks hard 24/7 snap for no fucking reason and even then the fuckboys are usually the ones to pull knives or chains.

You don't understand what testosterone does. You only think you do.

I absolutely feel you. I've been feeling the same way. I've really been thinking about killing myself.

If you're really considering suicide I recommend dangerous hobbies such as bike hooning. If you honestly don't mind death it'd probably let you do it more freely and it might just become your reason to live. Kinda sad but driving/riding like a dick can be a lot of fucking fun and AFAIK has given some people including me a motivation of sorts. Of course there are probably other just as dangerous and fun hobbies.

That's a pretty good pic of Billy

Remember people use the internet sort of like a toilet for their thoughts, all sentiments you can't share in real life eventually end up here.
And what constitutes being short, bald or having a weak chin is really exaggerated.

The internet is generally a place where people with shitty lives go and make themselves feel less shitty, and those people who are even more shitty dont fit in so they end up here.

Like you are overthinking it on so many levels. Life dealt you a shit deck and now you have to win. The problem is that in the real world it doesnt really matter. Youve all fallen for the chad memes and whatnot. and sure they are true lets not kid ourselves. But does it fucking matter? Would your life feel more complete if you'd get laid with different chicks weekly? Perhaps. but once you grow up from being a boy that shit doesnt matter. By the time you hit 30,35 you will have a wife and kids and your joy will come from less material things.

I used to be pissed that i'm average height, face, body, dick etc. And I did the only thing which was actually doable which was stop being skinnyfat. Nowadays im perfectly content with myself, and once you stop envy and comparing yourself to others shit will solve itself.

I have long term girlfriend who im happy with and you only need one to fall in love, correct?

I get how this probably sounds cringe but hey if it can make someone's life a little less miserable then sure.

I would highly recommend you disconnect yourself from the web and all electronics for one month. You will instantly feel a clarification of the mindset and less stuff bothering you. It began as the scapegoat to where you fled your problems,and now it has become them.

Finally to quote röökijäbä: "was life a competition on who could live the longest", but in this case the wildest.

The bottom line is this: Are you attractive?

There are a number of physical attributes that you may have which can/will count as strikes against you:

>bald/balding
>fat
>short
>bad teeth
>bad skin
>bad bone structure (face/skull)
>irreparably bad posture
>bad overall frame (skeletal structure)

The list is in no particular order although the top three are arguably most important. If you have too many of these strikes against you, women will be less likely to be attracted to you. Of course there are always going to be additional factors though such as personality, money, fame, sense of humor, intelligence, etc, etc. which could potentially override all of the negative physical attributes you may possess.

so in other words, everyone is different so work with what you have, worrying is a waste of damn time

i looked on google for a few minutes and there is actual difnition anywhere for bike hooning. there are videos of people riding across a field doing absolutely nothing spectacular. is "hooning" just a verb that means riding?? i'm confused

I am starting to recede and thin in the back. I just buzz my hair. It looks fine.
It also looked fine when I razored it.
Don't get caught in the cycle of obsessing over your hair.

boyhair beta is cute af holyshit

dale