Post clothes you like

post clothes you like

Other urls found in this thread:

vfiles.com/vfiles/8834
themmagazine.net/
instagram.com/faglite/
mallnutrition.tumblr.com/
yohjimane.tumblr.com/post/77827939710/comme-des-garçons-in-collaboration-with-naoya
vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/pringle-of-scotland
read01.com/KEo500.html#.WZIZKFGGPIU
vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-ready-to-wear/rick-owens
vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-menswear/takahiromiyashita-the-soloist
christophernemeth.co/
vogue.com/fashion-shows/seoul-fall-2016/pushbutton
thewebster.us/shop/p-d-f-vest.html
farfetch.com/az/shopping/men/visvim--p-d-f-vest--item-11038006.aspx
vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2014-menswear/dries-van-noten
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who did it better, Margiela or Dolce and Gabbana?

D&G, although it's not a house discussed often here.

why?

D&G is fucking garbage, they took the ideas of margiela and raf way too fucking late for their schtick to be seen as anything but blatant rip-off and basically made gross, over the top garbage without any hint of subtlety or thought to the designs.
The only reason people care about them is because grailed is shilling the fuck out of the garbage, probably because their employees are the ones selling the garbage there and it has been long enough time for the 20 something cool hip fashion kids to not know the context and just how derivative and creatively bankrupt their shit is.

unironically love overalls

Oh and can't forget Lang from the actually talented and visionary designers the brand ripped off, D&G is a disgrace.

why is it not discussed? probably because they haven't put out a whole lot of things worthy of discussion recently and most people don't really go through archives to look for inspiration.

the article itself has a mixture of colors that I like and makes it a bit more unique than the margiela garment. Also, the textures have more contrast as well, along with the varied grains of the cuts. while has a point about the origins of the inspiration of the garment, its not a blatant rip off and seems to take cues from multiple garments.
The color and cowl are reminiscent of the astro biker in , the deconstructive nature takes from margiela, and the bondage straps of lang's bombers can be seen referenced on the arm and chest. Ignoring the context provided by the other user, it really is an interesting piece in its own. I wonder what their opinion is on undercover's Avakareta life jacket or CE's ripoff of the issey miyake cargo bomber.

nice trips, i think other user was talking about D&G as a whole not the individual garment

desu it's not so much that particular jacket but the current "hyped" D&G items for the most part are really fucking gross rip-offs
and actually issey is good call as well, they've clearly "taken inspiration" from there as well

well it's because of the recent capsule collection and that collection just happened to be relevant because raf, lang, and miyake are at peak hype right now. its almost like retroactive style biting. I like miyake's more 80's stuff, especially his shirts, which have a really unique collar/top detail as seen in but getting back, what do you think about Undercover's rip off of lang and CE's rip off of miyake? Where is the line between homage and plagiarism?

>but getting back, what do you think about Undercover's rip off of lang and CE's rip off of miyake? Where is the line between homage and plagiarism?
With UC, I feel like it was acceptable, Lang is basically the biggest influence on UC and to Jun in general and there has been references to Lang in the past. And if my memory serves me right the collection where the 1:1 moto jacket was released in UC was the one after the earthquake in Japan and the entire collection seemed to really focus on nostalgia and in the past, common thing in human psychology in the face of crisis or unstable times in general. Add the fact that Jun has said many times he doesn't really like designing menswear as much because he always feels like he is just designing for himself to that and having blatant copy of the moto jacket in the collection makes perfect sense.
With D&G the timing was one of the worst parts, Raf had released his bondage jackets in 02 collection, D&G released theirs in 04 (I think not entirely sure about the years), and it just felt like over the top copy of the Raf jacket. That kinda timing added to the design seems cheap as fuck.
With CE, I don't really know honestly, to me it's straight up rip off but I don't know enough about the brand, their ethos, the context and the particular season to give any input.

And the UC moto jacket, of course was pretty much straight up plagiarism but I felt it's one of the times I didn't feel it was cheap or lazy.

>And the UC moto jacket, of course was pretty much straight up plagiarism but I felt it's one of the times I didn't feel it was cheap or lazy.
so its more about motive than the product itself. I'd sort of agree. All art is self indulgent, and anyone who says otherwise is doing it for the wrong reason. D&G was probably going for a cash grab.

anyways, I occasionally design and make clothes and post in the DIY threads. I always try to mix influences and move away from straight up copying. Off topic, but I have been wanting to do an homage to the ethnic rider though. I'd like to take a navy corduroy trucker and do a knit sleeve swap, with the top 1/4th of the sleeve from a mixed design knit sweater and the bottom 3/4ths of the sleeve from a plain knit. what do you think of that idea?

>so its more about motive than the product itself
It depends so much, I don't think you can just draw these kinda conclusions as it's different case every time.
And I'm sure there would be people who would think the UC parka is shameless rip off and could argue so and be just as right, I just personally don't feel that.

>I'd like to take a navy corduroy trucker and do a knit sleeve swap, with the top 1/4th of the sleeve from a mixed design knit sweater and the bottom 3/4ths of the sleeve from a plain knit. what do you think of that idea?
fucking do it m8, DIY projects like that are great and copying designs of someone you really enjoy obviously has been the way of designers in the past as well, you learn a lot, it's fun and you probably have banging end product
it's one thing to rip off another designer and then sell the design under high fashion brand than it is to do DIY take on something you love

i give you daniel poole.

I'm the user that did the smoking girl jacket and the corduroy bomber, so I'm sure I'd be able to do it with some semblance of quality. Corduroy jacket was inspired by 70's jackets, issey miyake, and saint laurent, while the smoking girl jacket was inspired by the 90s RL souvenir jacket, a tracksuit and a yohji jacket. Problem is, I'll be going back to college and will not be bringing my sewing machine with me, plus I'd like to add zips which take about two weeks to ship, so I'll most likely start ordering materials mid November and finish it mid December.

probably is a matter of opinion. however, one could also argue that the UC jacket was made long enough ahead of time to not really be competing.

It was originally going to have a tiger patch on the back, but gucci played that out so I went with some original artwork.

I appreciate this thread anons

ID?

all shitposting aside, this board is really here to foster discussion and inspire people with regards to fashion. maybe you've learned something new or saved some images for reference later.

hnnngggg

One of my favorite authors is Henry Miller. He once wrote something along the lines of, "If a book has one good page, it's worth reading." Same logic can be applied to sifting through shitposts and pretentious comments for one piece of inspo or insight.

saw it on tumblr,idk

>currentyear
>liking things
jk here's a dress

Wow

Part of Martin Margiela's work for Hermés sometime between 1997 and 2003, I believe. You can see more of it here:

vfiles.com/vfiles/8834

Cropped image of Turner Barbur and Timofei Rudenko for Them Magazine (Summer 2016).

themmagazine.net/

instagram.com/faglite/ (ig of model on the left)

mallnutrition.tumblr.com/

my nigga theo

>Comme des Garçons, in collaboration with Naoya Hatakeyama. 1987

yohjimane.tumblr.com/post/77827939710/comme-des-garçons-in-collaboration-with-naoya

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/pringle-of-scotland

Menswear by Pringle of Scotland S/S 2017.

No clue.

No clue. Google leads me to this Japanese website.

read01.com/KEo500.html#.WZIZKFGGPIU

Lots of inspo in this vein, though I don't know what they're saying.

vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-ready-to-wear/rick-owens

Rick Owens F/W 2016

vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-menswear/takahiromiyashita-the-soloist

Menswear Fall 2016 by Takahiro Miyashita.

christophernemeth.co/

vogue.com/fashion-shows/seoul-fall-2016/pushbutton

thewebster.us/shop/p-d-f-vest.html

farfetch.com/az/shopping/men/visvim--p-d-f-vest--item-11038006.aspx

Visvim P.D.F. Vest. Sold out though.

Birkenstock Sandals. Don't know what model though.

No idea.

I'm seeing this model fucking everywhere, but I have no idea who he is. This exact pose, just with different pieces, for different bands. Don't even know what he's advertising here.

Helmut Lang. Astro Biker.

Another Helmut Lang Astro Jacket.

Dries Van Noten Bomber Jacket. A/W 2014. You can see it here:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2014-menswear/dries-van-noten

I typed out the ID for the other posts but I fucked up and lost it all brehs. No way I'm typing that shit out again.

Good luck finding the rest though.

much love

>vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2017-menswear/pringle-of-scotland
thank you my dude

the model you don't know is for ssense

the important thing here is it is possible to generate 'good pages' by making interesting thread topics and asking why, all the knowledgeable people seem to come out the woodwork.

I'm one of the other posters so I'll drop sauce

Ann D
margiela
vintage US navy anorak
issey miyake, mostly 80s stuff
undercover
dave white x nike
hyperstealth
gucci

i think a lot of people get offended and take it personally when people criticize items they like. I also think those criticizing rarely take the time to explain why something is used incorrectly or looks bad, which leads to shitposts.

well promote the understanding that criticism is constructive

>I'm seeing this model fucking everywhere, but I have no idea who he is. This exact pose, just with different pieces, for different bands. Don't even know what he's advertising here.
he's a ssense model.

zero dollars? this is bug?

wrong thread and those are all hideous

Raf Simons Autumn/Winter 2001-2002 "Riot, Riot, Riot..."
meme-tier but always crisp for the effay garbs

Looks cool but dysfunctional

W2C pants

stop shilling your china watches

Levis 511 red rain

>liking clothes
You are such a beta cuck. Clothes should be used and abused, wear them as you wish and drop them like the inanimate piece of fabric they are! They are inferior to men in every way and should not have a right to vote. You are such a beta cuck.

holy shit what a pitiful attempt at being funny