I'm fucking helpless Veeky Forums

I'm fucking helpless Veeky Forums

I've read through the sticky god knows how many times and I can't put together a solid fucking outfit at all because of my rampant autism.

I end up just buying the most basic shit and it looks like garbage because I have fucked proportions, short, wide-ish hips, muscular-ish, and a weird leg/torso ratio

What brands generally cater towards someone on the shorter side (5'8") who isn't obese but somewhat muscular? It seems like every time I find something that comfortably fits the thighs, it's gi-fucking-gantic in the waist. Whenever I find something that sits well on the shoulders/through the chest, it's ballooned out in the waist and too fucking long

I don't even have an issue with buying expensive shit, it's just that I don't know where to start with that. I can buy something and have it tailored, sure, no problem, but where do I start to pick up the basics to have them modified? I always get recommendations like 'well if xyz from uniqlo fits you well, try abc from 123 store' but I have no basics that fit even somewhat decently, so I can't 'scale up' those recommendations

pls help

or just chat, I added about 100mg of NEP on top of my usual 30mg of Dexedrine today so I'm a bit more wired than usual and angry about little bits of fabric

You can go to a store and try things on. If you find something that fits in the waist and thigh (Levi 541?) just take it to a tailor to get them tapered and shortened. Same deal for t-shirts, just go to Target, Gap or some shit and try them on, most will fit you fine.

Is that you in the picture?

yeah

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately that's mostly what I already do. I don't mind having to get things tailored, and that's likely what I'll end up doing, I suppose I'm just curious if other people have this issue and what specific brands they would recommend as a starting point. Some of the brands you mentioned fit alright, but would still need 2-3 alternations to make them look halfway decent. Seems like a bit of a waste to alter such basic stuff like that

Should probably just look for more high-end clothing and invest in a good tailor

How much do you spend on food and supplements daily?

How much do you lift? Is it worth it?

$50/wk on food for myself and my wife, probably $10 extra on supplements average but I buy those in bulk for about $300-500 depending once per year.

5 days a week, about 1-2 hours depending on intensity each day. Definitely worth it for me, gives me something to do other than copious amounts of drugs and disappointing my family

Jesus fuck you're arms are huge. Do all weight lifters around 5'8 have these proportions? You look abnormally big which I guess you could take as a compliment.

Nothing is going to look better on you than basic shit. May aswell shop at fast fashion places

>$50/wk on food for myself and my wife

Please fuck off.
1 chicken breast alone costs a dollar. You look like you consume a shit ton of protein and supplements. 1 Protein alone costs about 5 cents. You probably consume at least at the very least 100 proteins daily at least. So how much do you really spend?

>nothing is going to look better on you than basic shit
I've come to accept that mostly, the lanklet+high fashion was not destined for me, which is whatever, but are there any 'style cues' that work well for my proportions comparatively to someone taller/lankier? e.g. a shorter coat vs. a longer one, high top shoes vs. low top (or vice versa, idfk), etc.

>do all weight lifters around 5'8 have these proportions?

I'm a little on the larger side I guess, naturally I have fairly big arms. It's a fucking challenge squeezing my forearms into a button down even though it'll fit fine in the chest and rest of the torso.

Well it depends, right now I'm not bullshitting that $50 figure, but I'm in a pretty large caloric deficit dieting down to ~8-10% body fat. Currently only taking in 1800 calories on lifting days and about 1400 on off days.

When I'm massing and eat ~3000-3600kcal/day it goes up accordingly, probably $100/wk for us both.

We mostly shop at local farmers markets, and I live in the midwest (yeah fuck me) so they're abundant. I get my chicken breast for $1.19/lb locally raised, cheapest at the supermarkets near me is $1.99 I think

A lot of the big name high end brands still cater to a bulkier ripped body type. If you don't have that kind of money, I would just go for a super simple and mature style. You don't have to be fa to be well dressed.

Also, finding a decent tailor in your area will really help.

thanks for the input, will look on the higher end, seems to be that + tailor is my best bet

You can usually tell by their runway shows what body types they designed for

yoyoyo. Same height hear, comparable builds, down to a T. High weighted pants can make legs look longer. I usually have to tailor all my pants, I'd advise learning how to taper and hem yourself, even. If you have one near you Uniqlo is a great place for basics, free hemming is a godsend. Wear minimal, basic shit that flatters your build.

thanks duder, uniqlo is my go to for basic shit anyway, I'll just pick up a talent for hemming that stuff and tailor my nicer shit

thanks

Oh yeah, when trying new tailor, have them alter a cheap piece first. I've lost amazing pieces to bad tailors.

>be this good looking
>have 0 fashion sense
>it doesn't even matter
I swear life is a cruel joke

OK here are some basic. 5'8 and under might as well be trans. 5'9 to 5'11 are manlets. 6'+ becomes reasonable. So just become and chick and paths to being Veeky Forums opens up

Go for the "basic chad into fashion" look

I'm too thicc to be trans, unless I go full matt kroc

less of a joke, more of an elaborate metaphor

but yeah shit sux

reasonable, except that last one, full length coats look like shit on me and probably all manlets

mate with aesthetics like that anything will look good - I have an athletic build and uniqlo silhouettes look good on me, I really like their relaxed ankle pants and the supima cotton t-shirts.

cuck

That tool got popular when everyone was googling fake bottega chelseas lol

>being mad that he's lanky

dude who cares about fashion your body looks hot as fuck

this lol

We all care about clothing to make up for the fact we're skinny as fuck your built you'll be fine

he's short so he doesn't need as much protein / cals as someone who's 6 foot something

I'm a fellow 5'8, thick-legged manlet. They're out of production, but I really do prefer Levi's 508 to their 541. You can still find them at Amazon and a few online retailers.

100g of protein is really fuckin easy to get. Especially if you consume protein shakes which is cheap in bulk.

thanks, I'll look at them. Have the same issue as the 541's seem to fit me really oddly, but I always receive recommendations for them

this is true

t-thanks a-anons

5kg protein powder is ~$60, or $0.012/g, my intake is ~161g a day on a diet and roughly the same or a little less on a bulk.

most of my money goes towards fresh vegetables

Canadian kc bernd?

Is it worth to spend so much money and hard hard effort?

Richard owens

stop posting your pics ugly manlet bookfort

Love you too bb

This doesn't look good. Sorry. OP has been helped. Let's /thread before this devolves anymore.

OP here, would look better without the tattoos desu but mirin physique.

Not a fitting style though, I think. Comes across as too gym-wear-ish on a built guy, some skinny dude could pull it off and make it look decent

although what tf do I know I'm asking for advice here so maybe it looks fine and I'm retarded who knows