Start a chili business

Hello everybody....

i want to start a busines by growing and selling chili-pepper products in europe..

any help / ideas / tipps/

Chilidiscount.de

Other urls found in this thread:

dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

make them spicy

the chilis i grow are ass-ripping-hell-spicy :)

your domain lacks a '24' ...

ok good that's half the business. the other half is marketing. try a viral campaign. see if you can get your name on the news: "3 HIGH SCHOOLERS DEAD: ATE ASS RIPPING PEPPERS"

girl died by useing pepper as an ass-plug

any other marketing tipps/ideas?

This is a good idea. For internet marketing, try a less sensationalist approach. Internet users are smart, so they want a well-researched product. Try a banner ad claiming your chili peppers are being bioengineered at a reputable school, like cambridge.

well but the smart internet user will find out that they are not ;)

get a better company name. Imagine 'chilli discount; on a hot sauce flask. You really think that's hip? In the chilli business it's all about hip-ness - and no cool-cat is going to buy anything hot if it reminds him of shopping at aldi.

"Research" is a loose term, and most university professors constantly need funding. You could offer a small "research muh chilis" scholarship (with a very ambitious description) to an undergrad. Then have them put a chili slice under the microscope, have them write something in a lab journal, and voila: Your chilis are in development by some of the world top minds at cambridge. Plus you then can claim to have a generous scholarship program to encourage young scientists.

based on a good company name you can start creating an image, which will make marketing a lot easier - especially since at that time you'll already have an idea of what your target customer looks like. (probably some dude profoundly confused about his masculinity and therefore buying everything he believes is manly, such as disgusting scottish whisky that tastes like dentists used to smell in the 80s and hot stuff)

okay, nice input.

the name is just for the site. the products will have other name.
should it sound more local? more bio? more gay?

never fought about the "manliness" good point

just saw the picuture...some nice ideas...i think i go with chilinigger....that will booooost the hits on the site

>not being chilipilled

One of my favorite peppers is the Peppadew. Its quite complex.
Not very intense and you can put it on nearly everything.
Cherry peppers are also notable.
If you can become a distributor in Germany you'll do well.

Building a business from scratch is tough. Have you priced your market already?

dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
Check out
Self Made Wealth & Earn 1k on the Side

The problem with the melts faces peppers is that the niche is very small and demand is sporadic.

I fucking love hot peppers and go way hotter than most of my friends. But only a few times a year at most b/c its that intense.

If this were my business I'd use the money from the New INFINITE HOTNESS peppers to diversify into some of the nice unique peppers with broad appeal and develop new markets for them. Start with the nice restaurants and work your way down.

looks good OP I wish you luck.

Cambridge would sue the shit out of you for that.
Go for a university that is a bit corrupt, like scam for profit colleges. He'll make a donation to use their name.

My small Dutch university sued a guy for running a Facebook confessions page with the universities name in the title and logo in the banner.
Even though it explicitly said it was not affiliated with them etc.

Can't imagine what actual fraud would get you.

uglychilli.de
>because uglies fuck you better

ugly chilis is actually a reasonably attention-grabbing brand name

>Selling

Good. I can actually ship you some chilies directly, and if your business is reputable we can even do the deal on credit. I have a source in New Mexico and I've been wenting to sell chilies in Europe for a while.

>Growing

Why grow them when I can sell you better chilies than you could grow up in Scandanavia for cheaper than your hydroponics investment to grow the kind of bulk I can provide?

If you send me some chillies i'd shill your business for you

Are you chinese?

has anyone downloaded that canvas thing i aint clickign that

Holy shit, since when do you get infected by clicking links? You sound like my mom. And a hidden jdb is probably way over the top for Veeky Forums neets. So yeah i did...

it was a serious suggestion. currently food in supermarkets must meet standards of aestetics or they won't get bought so there is a kind of homogenisation of food.
there will be a trend over the next few years of having 'real looking'/'natural looking' fruit and vegetables, and not being so put off by a bendy bean or a curious capsicum. it is the natural extension of lessening food waste and moving away from corporate agriculture to a more 'holistic' organic, natural and local food market.

you could have a marketing campaign about it to, about how ugly is individual as opposed to bland conformity, about how ugly people have made a difference, about how being ugly sets you apart. pictures of women in bikinis with ugly faces all PSed to look identical but average as opposed to one ugly who looks good(? i've you know what i mean).

> Bottle it
> Label it
> Go to stores and ask for the manager, pitch them, work your way up the corporate chain pitching everyone

This is how every single food business ever gets going.

That's a fuckin good looking Chili.