Is Rome the most meme empire in history?

Is Rome the most meme empire in history?

no, reminder that Brazil and Mexico were empires

Pretty sure Latin Empire is.

No

was it autism?

I'd say it counts.

roma ei delenda ploraverunt

No. Rome is probably the most relatively supreme power that has existed in world history. It isn't a meme at all.

Rome was powerful but this isn't true, there are plenty of other empires that wielded similar or more power.
Roman civilization just survived for a really long time, especially when you count Byzantium (which you should be)

>there are plenty of other empires that wielded similar or more power.

I said relative. There was no other comparable power with anywhere near Rome's prestige in its vicinity for over a thousand years, even when it was only the East. People like to massively overstate how powerful Sassanid Persia was, so it's easy to discount that. There was nobody on the frontiers who could even threaten Rome in any even substantial way. It was so powerful that the only thing that could kill it was itself.

Byzantine Empire is literally the memest empire thanks to butthurt shrimp dick white bois. That or some SE Asian/African """empire""".

>There was no other comparable power with anywhere near Rome's prestige in its vicinity for over a thousand years
Excuse me

>
>>There was no other comparable power with anywhere near Rome's prestige in its vicinity for over a thousand years
>Excuse me

Are you a downy?? He said 1000 years. Britain was formed in 1707. Rome fell in 476.

putain *deleta

Yeah I misread what you meant by relatively.
Indeed, no one could destroy Rome but Romans themselves. The Parthian empire was pretty bad ass for a time as they posed an actual threat to Rome.
The Sassanids were also powerful. You shouldn't discount that they were beating the Byzantines into the ground (themselves too, really) until Heraclius showed up, either.

>Byzantine
>Not Rome

Its easy to forget just how fucking big Africa is

>People like to massively overstate how powerful Sassanid Persia was, so it's easy to discount that

2/10

t. Kurosh Tabatabaeidoust

>Its easy to forget just how fucking big Africa is
that's because no one gives a shit about Africa

*Ravenna fell in 476

>Western half of the empire formerly known as Roman switched management in 476

>Rome fell in 476
get a load of this guy!

Not that Roman Empire