rick thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/rickowensdrkshdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good thread

Post more female inspo

one of my favorites

thanks for this picture

Tbh, some of these pics I have, I don't know if they have Rick or if they're instead Helmut, Ann D, etc. Am I gonna get reee'd at for posting pics that aren't Rick but still fit the aesthetic?

Also, I wish there was a nice gallery website that showed the works and pieces of various designers so that you could learn about who made what, etc. Otherwise, I don't know how to familiarize myself beyond browsing the designer's store, which usually only shows pics of their current season.

also, if anybody has steam and wants to join my group: steamcommunity.com/groups/rickowensdrkshdw

>tricky steam group
kek
if i still steam i would join

Anyone know how to get into the Rick discord?

>Hollywood's most beloved bohemian couple
>Rick & hag
>year 2001

WTF?

bohemian af listening to hardbass in my skullcandy earbuds

Rick started in LA. Iirc, he really began his venture by getting Maxfield to buy his early stuff.

Then, for reasons unbeknownst to me, left LA and has said he can't go back.

>>Rick & hag

What do you guys think about these retarded snap buttons Rick has decided to put on all his bomber sleeves now?

I guess you're supposed to snap the sleeves together and wear it like this. What a load of shit.

I think Rick browses fa. I didn't even know this was a thing. Just found a old Made in USA levis sherpa for cheap and copped. Didn't even care about snap buttons.

...I guess it's an interesting thought, but. Yeah, I think I have to agree with you that it isn't very practical. ACRNYM's interior belt strap seems like a better solution.

It ruins the overall aesthetic and it's stupid. Who the fuck wants to have random buttons on your sleeve and who wears his jacket over their shoulder? I bet the hag thought this was a good idea.

is rick an unironic meme on Veeky Forums

IT LOOKS LIKE AN OVERSIZED SHOULDER FANNY BAG!

All normies hate his stuff, newfags love it, and oldfags are split on loving, hating, and feeling indifferent about them

I used to not be into the style but the more I'm exposed to it the more it grows on me. It's definitely not for everyone, but in short it's not a meme.

For me, I hated everything about it as a newfag but slowly started to understand it.

can somebody explain the difference in his trouser cuts?

Like: Berlin, Austin, Torrence, Detroit, etc

I never understood how you could buy anything from Rick except jackets and shoes. But that goes for any designer IMHO. He became famous with his leather jackets, bombers and shoes. And that's where it ends. Only retarded kids with too much money buy his other stuff. IMHO since you can get similar stuff from cheap alternatives.

He makes bomb ass pants and accessories too.

Don't cut Rick short.

DRKSHDW is filled with good stuff. Albeit some of it is overpriced at times (i.e hundreds for a plain shirt) but sometimes he works with materials and unique fits that makes it worth it when it's on sale

The aesthetic is appealing, but I would just feel like an autismo wearing it

>buy jogger/drop crotch short of choice
>replace draw string with long cream colored laces
>400 bucks saved
Nothing justifies buying those IMHO. Feel free to correct me.

>he works with materials and unique fits that makes it worth it when it's on sale
I don't see how when it's all basic cotton stuff of which most is paper thin and you can find similar elongated slim cuts on various sites for less than 1/5 of the price if you keep an eye out.

Sorry, but nothing can convince me to pay hundreds for an oversize plain t-shirt or a long line longsleeve when you get virtually the same silhouette for 20 or 30. People like you is where he makes the largest profit margin.

Rick prices are more worth the high price tag due to how unique the style is. No other designers or mainstream brands are doing anything close to exactly what Rick does.

There is an argument to be made in buying a plain white crewneck tee for $300 considering you can get something extremely similar to it elsewhere for $20, but with Rick there are few alternatives that aren't directly taking inspiration or blatantly copying his designs.

You're making the argument that it's not worth the price, all I'm saying is he makes good looking, quality products all across the board.

Anyone else a fan of taking loud Rick pieces and combining them with a more casual outfit?

Also, does anyone have the pic of the guy in geobaskets and a graphic t shirt?

Girls in sock ramones pls

I want a cute Asian girlfriend who wears sock ramones

this
i feel like a fuckboy fag waring all black with normal clothes

What year are we in?

I-I'll be your Anglo trap girlfriend if you buy me Rick, user~ :3c

Implying Rick goes out of style

the fuck

ID on the jacket?

>2017
>the trendhopping fashion victims of this board appreciating anything but the absolute hottest trend of the moment
I like that you try though, expect nothing but angry comments and quick death for this thread

>rick meme still alive

That's how he got started, he got mad popular among celebrities, you can find pics from early 00s with lot of actors wearing his leathers for example.
He left to Europe simply because he got contract with Olmar & Mirta and it was more convenient for him to be in Europe for most of the time. He still has house in LA
He removed the straps from inside of lot of the jackets and replaced it with that system. It's been in the jackets for long time, easier to carry, some of the jackets also feature big pocket on the back just so you can carry shit in it while carrying the jacket like that.

You basically can not find similarly thing cotton from any brand and the fabric being thin as fuck serves a huge design purpose.
He also has ton of different materials for example pods, you don't have those choices with most brands and the quality of all of them is stellar.
It's not the type of things and design choices that communicate that well through pictures over internet so I can understand why getting his appeal might be hard if you aren't familiar with the garments at all.

>apologist bullshit
I bet you'd suck his dick if given the chance. Or perhaps you already have.

then ur not Veeky Forums

YESTERDAY I FARTED IN AN APPLE STORE AND EVERYONE GOT MAD AT ME
NOT MY FAULT THAT THEY DON'T HAVE WINDOWS

Rick Ownes is Hong Kong fuccboi with rich parents tier.

His stuff looks shit but hey it's fashion and avant garde a e s t h e t i c s right?
dem layers...dem drop crotch...dem huge tongues on clown shoe sneakers....

You're all dumb sheeples ITT.
Open your god damn eyes and realize that his stuff is overpriced garbage hammered together by underpaid Chinks in some Italian warehouse.

>the quality is so exceptional omg those exquisite garments and cuts

It's literally Bangladesch sweatshop tier but the sweatshop is in Europe so I guess it's quality?

This 100%. Finally someone who isn't blinded by consumerism.

This is coming from a dude who owns several Rick pieces, but unlike you retards I know what it is and I'm not delusional about me getting ripped off.

Rick owens is known as a joke in paris. Literally sub ann demeulemeester

I think ramones are pretty nice. But most of Rick pieces I think look pretty ridiculous.

To be fair everything that has been said about Rick applies to designers in general.

'High Fashion' is merely a construct, a guise to establish a culture of consumerism that makes wealthy people and those who wish to be feel enabled. Nothing more or less.

We live in 2017. 90% of any branded clothing is the exact same quality as high fashion products. It's only a matter of materials and cuts at this point. The only thing that separates them really is that standard clothes are assorted and cut to fit the 'mainstream' of what is considered the 'norm'. Aesthetics which appeal to the masses. Designers only separate themselves by deliberately choosing cuts that will appeal to a certain niche, which would not be profitable in mass production.

this when I went normie mode a year ago all I wore was jeans and a tshirt and maybe some sneakers. Albeit it's not all doom and gloom with that it was just very basic and I saw "high fashion" as very basic and had a very small grasp of what exactly it meant, I thought all of it was overpriced garbage for the most up their ass "fashion fags" and wearing a sweater jeans and vans were good looking. But as I got more into fashion and Veeky Forums I've kinda made the realization that some of it is overpriced but it can look really nice like yohji, rick, helmut, mattiussi,etc and I've also came across the decision I'd rather amass a small array of good looking clothes than but cheap garbage from zumiez and think I looked good. I dont think fashion is for retards with their heads so far up their ass they're inside out anymore and it's actually really fun to experiment with clothes so I enjoy runway shit and I enjoy weird abnormal silhouettes and view it as a form of art and even though some of it I wouldn't personally wear because I think It's outrageous I can appreciate a lot of it