Why do so many motivational speakers and gurus veer of into the realm of 'the secret" or the "law of attraction...

Why do so many motivational speakers and gurus veer of into the realm of 'the secret" or the "law of attraction?" It seems like someone is making a lot of sense then they start talking about pseudo-science spiritual stuff.

Is it just when they get to something they don't understand or know how to explain?

law of attraction is real mate. those don't believe it works don't pursue their thoughts with actions.

>listening to "motivational speakers"
Kill yourself.

>it only works when you believe in it so if it doesn't work then it's your fault for not believing in it
Shaming skepticism and glorifying delusion is not a good thing. Make smart decisions and work hard, that's what gets you where you want to be, not cutting out pictures of Ferrari and imagining a big villa.

I mean how can otherwise smart people believe things work that way?

The same reason people unironically follow organized religion.

They just put the magic spiritual angle on it because it pulls in the masses. The idea of abundance mentality (which is really all that is) is actually very useful for people chasing high levels of success.

If you've got it, you take your failures in stride and pick yourself up quickly instead of wallowing in mediocracy like everyone else.

tl;dr it's not about god, it's about the hustle.

it's basically just about brainwashing your subconscious mind to do what you want it to do

but yes, it absolutely works. the beliefs you have about yourself will be projected subconsciously and people will treat you the way that you expect.

Stop listening to Brian Tracy user.

He's a snake oil salesman.

Because motivation sells. Anything of aubstance would be in the realm of positive psychology (beha ioral psych)

But to help you requires you to do things - people just want to feel good and being told they can have utopia for no effort makes them feel good.

You shouldnt listen to guru / self help shit - youll end up in a cycle of not doing shit to improve your lot in life and chasing the next inspjrational high

Otherwise smart people are subject to the same cognitive bias as anyone else

Go google a list of them and lookup some of the studies and youll see why IQ has nothing to do with it

Actually if you look into it people who are overly positive and forcing it are much less mentally healthy and able to adapt then those with stoic mind sets

Raional emotive behavioral therapy is based in part on stoicism and shows hige efficacy (vs deug addiction - coping with loss etc) that you just dont see with "positive thinking"

The pendulum shouldnt be forced in either direction - the correct mindset is "life on lifes terms" , the fact that your beliefs shape what terms life offers isnt positivity - because you wont reap what you have sown (or even sow anything) without a grim determination and persistence born from the stoic principles

It works, but it's not some magic thing or super natural force

It works because if you really want something and imagine it every day and strive to get it... you will eventually get it. It's like how religion gives some people courage or strength or willpower. This is exactly the same, but is actually somewhat less crazy, they just put it in a "crazy" package so that normies will buy into it

Source: I worked bullshit min wage jobs for 7 years, then one day I decided absolutely fuck that, and within 2 weeks I had a $15/hr job which I was not qualified for (and had no connections)

I said fuck this, I'm worth more, brushed up my resume, made it eye-catching, applied to places for 10 hours every day, and refused to even interview for a job unless it was $13-15/hr

If you really, really want something and strive for it, you will probably get it

we live in a physical world , prove me wrong

protip

you cant

OP you're forgetting about Scientology. There's a whole cult of really successful people who devote their lives to pseudoscience spiritual stuff

Because the cult business model is a proven success.

ACTION

>people talking about the Secret

Holy fuck, it's like it's 2006-2007 all over again.

the secret is old hat but law of attraction is still very popular

So hopefully there will be a point when people regard the law of attraction the same way?

The same people believe in god, ghosts, supernatural powers, spiritis and other bullshit stories.

I don't mind. As long as there are idiots geniuses like me can make money.

Teach me your ways sempai.

Come to India my son, I'm called Tech baba here. The neckbeard with orange robes and a computer with red dot gets more money than NEET bucks.

People need something to latch on to, to make it sexy or interesting. These aren't well traveled people listening to speakers, they're lost and bored and need a Bigger Purposeā„¢

These people won't ever do anything worthy of retelling, in the entirety of their life, and deep down they know it- but they get into things like this because they're so scared of irrelevance. It's like people who pretend to be healers at church, or that friend you have who sounds like their reading you the rough draft of their autobiography when they talk to you. People crave notoriety and relevance but don't want to actually do anything that would even marginally push that to happen organically.

Funny how it's worthless losers/virgins like you lot shitting on this mentality that makes "normies/real people" better and more accomplished than you will ever be.

Sometimes you do need to look at the kind of person who talks shit about something and discard their opinion. (you're like fatfucks thinking your opinion on achieving 6% bodyfat matters)

My, such venom. Such ire. Tell me, is that what normal, well accomplished real people feel deep down inside?

Nice projection, I'm sure you're the only reputable person on 4chins. Please share your portfolio with us and strstd stats, I'm so interested. Someone get china on the phone we're putting it all in this guy, he's got it figured out mother fucking moonrocket detected

The main thing he emphasises is discipline. How can that be a bad thing?
Okay! I can be a neckbeard as much as they want :D

ZEITGEIST