ITT WE POST OUR PORTFOLIOS

Come on Veeky Forums show me what you've got in the burner, looking for some ideas.

i got options in vix, qqq, spy, and something else i can't remember right now

Also what's your net liq? What are you P&L for today? What are the share prices? This is what screencaps are for fag.

i'd have to take multiple screenshots to show you position details and whatnot. which i don't care to do.

im up 10% over the week thanks to buying puts on PSA

An overview screenshot would suffice, mine doesn't provide positions. Just your P&L and current net liq would say a lot about your confidence and general success in investing. Like what >1270519 posted.

What brokerage firm/trading platform do you use? I like this profit margins, have you considered diversifying though?

>invested 38k to start with
>4% return

>showing a screenshots says a lot about your confidence

I don't mean confidence in a social sense you autist. I mean investor confidence. If you invest 50k in something you tend to be more confident in it's growth potential than if you invest $200 as a gamble.

Showing a screenshot lets me know how much money you've staked on your investments and therefore how "confident" your are in their growth potential

From my phone so maybe different id but I don't care about the growth of the company. I'm not investing in them as I never own actual shares. I'm trading options.

Oh I see, so you're basically a gambler. I'm investing so I can retire at 35 years old and live off dividends and interest rates.

I have preferreds. But options are defined. I know my chances of success. You can't say that with shares. You are gambling. Lol

$715 for fucking Amazon?

Christ, US equities are bloated. You people are gonna get wiped out.

What's it like investing in options? Is it a long play or do you need to buy and sell actively?

All aboard the pain train

>that cost basis
>that fucking delta
>bag-holding the popped bubble that is CMG
>on an options platform, but not trading options

you should be quite active, though, you can have long term positions. (which i never fuck with)
i've learned a lot from watching tastytrade and it's like... why the fuck didn't I start with options in the first place.

What kind of returns are you getting annually, long term (say last 5-10 years?). I am thinking about getting into options but I'm wondering about if the returns are even worth it.

>i've learned a lot from watching tastytrade and it's like... why the fuck didn't I start with options in the first place.

Interesting. What sort of background do I need to understand options? Is it more math or intuition?

Also what is the expiry period you are trading in? (3 month, 6 month, 1 yr etc.)

This is literally the only guy with safe positions for the future

US, Europe, and China will all collapse this year and all that will be left in the rubble is a bunch of rowdy australian shitposters posting their gains with smug pepes

I am sorry but I never understood why people have stock worth 200usd. It's not even about the low amount but about the time you put into it. Go wash someone's car and you have more profit than in a whole year with that.

ive really only started to understand options this year as i've put more time into it, but since, ive had like one or two losers for every ten or so trades. usually around 50-200 per trade but i made a really smart move selling calls and buying puts of PSA which got me a 50% roc in one day. (when the underlying only dropped i think it was like 7%?)

the returns are worth it as they are much more consistent if you have a good strategy

you don't really need a background, but the more of a math background you have, the better off you'll be. eventually, after getting set with a strategy, you'll kinda run on auto-pilot.

ive taken this from tastytrade
it's gotta be 30-60 days from expiration

>owning anything dealing with gold

I had a fund portfolio i was trying to build last year but decided that china was gonna fuck things up so i decided not to start contributing to it. (bnd, bndx, vit, something else) eventually i started looking into options some more and then more i read, the more i realized i was a fucking idiot. i'll never look at those funds again.

isn't ittnp bubbling right now? or more of a pump and dump? never buy into a liquidity event.

>pic related

$314 actually.

Lrn2read

>isn't ittnp bubbling right now? or more of a pump and dump? never buy into a liquidity event.

Its going to spike tomorrow and I will sell. Easy $50 without risking much.

i also heard it was halted?
though, if you're going for 50, how much are you paying through spread+commission?
what's your likelihood of making that 50?

If it hits $10.25, I'll net $50 after commissions.

and how much are you putting up to make this trade?

Going to sell the individual stocks and just sit in ETFs sometime within the next 4 years. This shit is too stressful and i feel like im in over my head.

Are the only things you consider investing in memes you see posted on Veeky Forums biz?

>Thinking the number value of the stock is what matters
>Not looking at EPS, Market Cap, Assets/Liabilities or Quarterly Earnings report
>Because people weren't saying that when AMZN was 300, 400, 500, 600

Enjoy investing in penny stocks mate, I'll be at 450k when AMZN reaches 900 USD.

it's because you trade illiquid penny stocks which produces that stress.

>nobody talking about miley cirus shit :(

noooooo MGT was a pump & dump man!

I'm quite happy with mine. Canadian stocks are slow, but stable.

Are you a CANSLIM-fag? What do you use to screen stocks? Or do you just subscribe to IBD?

Thanks for responding, I have a couple more questions (if you don't mind):

1. What was your maximum drawdown in the past few (~3) years? Was that within your expected thresholds when you began? My number one fear with short-term trading is that I won't be able to stomach drawdowns beyond 30% within a 3 year period (my current long term strategy returns 16-20% over 5+ years, but has a max drawdown of -30% in any given year).

2. What's your position size per trade?

3. Since you trade in 1-2 expiry periods how much time do you spend daily on research/trading? (i.e work relating directly to the positions you take; not increasing your general knowledge on trading)

4. How much are you leveraged (on average)?

5. >one or two losers for every ten or so trades

Damn. 0.8 expectation is insanity. What's your strategy?

Thanks again.

FUCKING #REKT LOL
CLOSING LOWER THAN YESTERDAY
>i buy into liquidity events #richinaday

my biggest drawdown was thanks to some preferreds i picked up last month but jesus getting 200% dividend gains plus an unrealized 100% gain with an implied 2000% gain is pretty fucking sweet. (went down 66% on that portfolio) as far as options go, my biggest open loser is at 200 which can't go any more.

Though, with options, you can quite literally define your draw down and not go under it. If you can get a good pricing, you can literally get a risk free trade.

i'm only putting one contract on on any position as I like to get into more positions by utilizing cost basis reduction

most of my research has stemmed from central bank policy and the effects it has on the economy. (rising interest rates, temporarily extremely low oil prices, foreign interest rates, etc.)

i think technically im leveraged to 100 shares when i trade a contract, but it doesn't pop up in my head at all since im focusing on buying power and controlled risk. (i buy a contract, i have to put up money, then i sell a contract, which im given money up front)

i like to sell more than i buy, but when i buy, i control the downside risk by going with a spread. i wont trade anything with an options pricing of 2. 1.5 has been my limit so far.

honestly it's like if you're looking at a 25% touch probability, you just wanna try to make sure you're getting back 3-1 at least on your money to break even. if you can get more of a return, it's +EV. (which is a poker term)

my fingerprint cards gave me an shock today.
but thank the gods it was only a split in

Thanks a lot for the info man. I'm gonna research some more about options, but it definitely looks a viable...option. kek

buy FB if drops below $110 again
buy AAPL if it drops below $95 again
buy MU if it drops below $11 again, possibly hold out for close to $10 or under
Wait for XLNX to be bought by Google in the next month or two (announced, anyway), for $70/share and cry as I roll around in my Sept 55 call opts @ $0.15
Buy INTC 2018 leaps so you can curse at INTC at least once a week for being boring as fuck now
Short oil but go long right before Trump wins
Buy OHI when it drops after the Fed raises rates (although the expected drop is priced in already, might not drop too much)
Refuse to buy AMD b/c it's a shit company and curse it's ever rising stock price at least 5 times daily
Lament not buying NVDA at 20 last fall like you said you were going to but you thought it's P/E was too high

do the exact opposite of this post
short fb if it drops below 110
short aapl if it drops below 95
short MU if it drops under 11
don't even touch google or xlnx
never buy leaps
dont short oil
short ohi
okay you might be right with not touching amd
>nvda
>pic related
>there is no pic
>that's the point

so im shorting both a FB july 130 call and july 110 put on monday

started a few months ago, doing well so far.

Hey biz, help a bro out.

I have like 2.8keur. I Need to build something for myself economically speaking. What are my best options? Right now I don't have any debt or housing fees. Willing to learn almost any skill.

What are my options to generate some money flow my way?

build ethereum mining station

AGY to complete due diligence soon to. Might pic up another 30,000 this week and another 3,000 PLS. Dfs in august should see price jump substantially. > $1 sp by end of the year would be nice.

I know that STX feel.

prices may not be exactly the same but this is essentially what im looking to get into on monday