Beard Thread

You know the drill - show off your progress, ask for opinions, etc.

With that comes my question to you: any particular articles / videos / pieces of information would you recommend to check out when growing out beard for a period of at least 3-4 months?

Other urls found in this thread:

nextluxury.com/mens-style-and-fashion/short-beard-styles-for-men/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beards are so gay and lame dude.

Shit man, those are the adjectives I want to be described with! Ya got me.

>too lazy to shave
>haven't shaven in less than week
>friend with beard tells me I can easily grow one
>decide to try
Its almost 7 days since shaving and I already feel like I need to shave my neck and form something like a neck line because I look retarded

guy in op looks like a fagg, freeform hobo beard like bane or death Tbh

You're only allowed to grow a beard when you're mature enough. Since nobody on this board is 50+ this thread is pointless.

>'allowed'
;)

pic looks like homeless man I met once

5 weeks in lads
Looking decent
Stay strong

>I already feel like I need to shave my neck and form something like a neck line because I look retarded

That's because neck beards are retarded, just shave your damn neck, a beard grows on your face not your neck.

5 days, should I kill myself? I'm 29 btw. Pretty sure a beard is never in my future.

Doesn't look like you've got much density near your cheekbones which is what, in my opinion, makes or breaks a beard.

I think you should give it time. If you're single right now and don't plan on dating, maybe 6 months or a bit more.

>fully shaved for first time in years
>have now spent like 8 hours studying every flaw on my face
brb growing a new beard asap

nextluxury.com/mens-style-and-fashion/short-beard-styles-for-men/

How would one go about trimming a beard to this kind of length? Obviously different pics have different lengths, but a rough idea is all I need.

Keeping a beard is very simple.

Let it grow, then trim the beard with a hair trimmer. Use any guard you like, I use the 3/8 inch guard.

This is what I have after around 1 and a half - 2 months of not shaving. The only thing I'm trying to keep in shape is the moustache so it doesn't look more disgusting than it has to due to my laziness.

Let's assume that I'm going to the wilderness for another 3 months. Should I shave it / trim it or just keep and then after those 3 months do something with it?

>
why do u even grow a beard if ur genetics are that bad?

this is great.
seriously don't let those jealous guys get to you

i dont shave for 3 weeks i think but i cut it in the sides with sissors(last time was last week) and shave my neck(i think i shave it 3 days ago)

>grow out beard
>get a set of clippers with a guard
>trim

You fucking idiot

If you've got nothing to lose, just keep it growing straight for 6 months, no matter how bad it looks in between, then give it another assessment. More often than not it'll look better by then.

Part of those genetics is being retarded and in consequences doing shit like this, my man.

I'm actually not sure if serious or not due to the guy before ;).

That is a rather alright beard user, keep going.