Other urls found in this thread:

dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf
citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.374.313&rep=rep1&type=pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanqella
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read the Kebta Nagast

A nice mixture of history and legend

Ah, perfect! I was looking for Ethiopian works. Ty :3

This is a bit old, but if you're interested in Aksum; dskmariam.org/artsandlitreature/litreature/pdf/aksum.pdf

This is more concerned with modern history, though it also goes over ancient and medieval times: citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.374.313&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Also some Zagwe; www.musik.uu.se/digitalAssets/9/9640_NegashAll.pdf

Ah, ty, yeah I'm a huge Ethioboo, so I'll take anything pertaining to their history.

If it's more recent stuff you're after check out A History of Modern Ethiopia, 1855–1991 by Bahru Zewde

ty, I'll check it out aswell.

I FUCKING HATE EITHIOPIA. 1898 WORST YEAR EVER

Wait, so they actually WUZ KANGZ?

Are you Italian or Eritrean?

Well, yeah, but that meme reffered to African-Americans pretending to be Egyptians.
Ethiopians aren't really Bantu/negroid, they used to sell negroids to arabs or keep them as slaves.

Negroid is a nonsensical term because there is no true Negro compared to the term Caucasian as when it was devised at least there was a clear defined Caucasus group that some German wanted over as the purest of Caucasians.

I mean Caucasian/caucasoid

Negroid = Bantu

Also the slaves in Ethiopia weren't Bantus.
Bantus speakers didn't even reach Ethiopia if you read up a bit.

Bantu is a language group and what of the other countless non Bantu Africans?

It's like saying Slav is a fucking race.

>Bantus speakers didn't even reach Ethiopia if you read up a bit.

They were usually Nilotic, some with bantu admixture actually. Here's one that used to be enslaved a lot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanqella

Caucasoid has nothing to do with skin color. It's about skull structure, and most bantu are considered negroid. Khoisan and pygmies were considered a different race.

Nilotic is not a Niger-Congo language let alone Bantu.

Who said it was?
" some with bantu admixture actually"
Please read.

Then who the Fuck are Nilotic then?
Plus we have actually genetic sampling of populations so we can actually distinguish them much better then Caucasoid.l since it leads to a ton of inaccuracies.

Depends where you want to put them in. Race is bretty much a social construct. Ethiopians are closer to middle-easterners and Europeans than to bantu. So, would they be negroids or caucasoids?

Why use terms that were devised in an Era that was fought with weak science and anthropology that in today's standards would be ghastly as hell.

We have the data that shows the populations an ethnic group descended from? We know that Finns aren't Asian one bit so that shutdown any speculations on the uneuropeness of Finns.

And that's what I'm doing.

FUCK ETHIOPIA 1978 WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE OGADEN IS SOMALI

Somalis can't even run their own country.

This pic looks like it was made by someone who spent maybe 10 minutes on wikipedia

Somaliland would literally btfo any ethiopian poorfag """"""army"""""""

Is that why they lost the Ogaden war? :---D

>his army needed to get bailed out by the soviets
not next time

It's rather accurate, what's your beef with it?

I'm not Ethiopian, fyi, but I can't see a scenario ever, when Somalis win a war. Somaliland itself is small and irrelevant, maybe they can take on Djibouti? The rest of Somalia is just a mess.

If Israel can do it, Somaliland can do it you gotta ganbatte

Israel gets billions of dollars in military "aid" from the US, though.Plus, they're developed and not a third world country. Eritrea is much more powerful than Somaliland and got beaten back during the Ethiopian-Eritrean war.

To be fair, Ethiopia was having a really tough time against the Eritreans. Trench warfare is a bitch.

We are our own people
These graphs are stupid, simplistic and wrong and the dumb White posters who throw then around have no concept of up to date genetic research.

I'm not white, and the data is right.
Do you actually believe Habesha are close to bantu? Obviously you are your own group, the data clearly states that....so idk what you're opposing. The whole concept of race is pretty stupid but you can still differentiate people via genetic markers.

my dad talks about his grandpa and how they use to have oromo and bantu slaves

How the fuck did Ethiopia never fall to Islam?

Because they know their Judaism roots

I told you this on /int/

Bantu is not a race
Bantu is not a race
Bantu is not a race

Ethiopians are largely derived from people's who are literally divergent peoples, their position has much less to do with admixture and more to do with divergence.

You don't even bother looking at actual up to date data, don't act as though you're talking from scientific fact when you use /pol/ pics without context

Except we likelihood of you being Ethiopian is low because Oromo weren't actively used as slaves amongst Habesha and if you pretended to be us and did a little reading you'd know the royal family was half Oromo themselves.

Also Bantu is not a race and neither were most Shanqella.

Stop role playing ferenj

Bantu detected, take your uhaul faces back to your jungles and genocides

You're one of those idiots who think every black person with prominent black features is Bantu, huh?

>Khoisan and pygmies were considered a different race.
>were

I think the skull structure thing might not be as cohesive as once thought. For example, Kennewick Man had a Caucasian or Polynesian looking skull shape, but his genetics are 100% Native American.

You know who else is closer to Europeans than "Bantus"? Blacks in the Americas, especially the USA and Brazil.

Besides, there are other black people in Africa that aren't Bantu.

Non-African people on Veeky Forums more often than not are either too uneducated or too willingly ignorant to have any African related thread occur with any sort of success mostly because they (you being an example) spend too much time trying to split us all sorts of ways and have us eat your b.s.

It ain't gonna happen, your stupidity shows by posting Somali and Beja on a habesha thread.

Black Hebrew Israelite please go

>Ethiopian
>Literally op says Ethiopian thread
>WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHIT NIGGA WE ETHIOPIA

I don't think a single etiopian was sold as a slave in the americas

Half of the country is muslim

You trying to say I'm an African American as an insult proves my point. Nothing is wrong with them, you literally know nothing about Ethiopian history or genetics.

You got called out on it. just own it and move on. How can you imply Oromo were perceived as a similar people with Oromo were in the direct lines of royal family and Oromo were the ones who brought slaves from the lowlands? Why would you be so stupid to post a Somali on here?

You're literally so sloppy you don't even realize how ferenj you are.

Yeah, your mum dropped you on the head as a baby

And why are you talking about the Atlantic slave trade

Pretty certain he's a white roleplayer with a fetish for Ethiopians

I've seen him on /pol/ periodically

His extensive use of Bantu as a synonym for non-ethiopians is a clue