I needed a new wardrobe and didn't want to shell out a lot of cash on fancy brands

I needed a new wardrobe and didn't want to shell out a lot of cash on fancy brands.
I spent $200 at Target to on their new Goodfellow brand and got me some nice basic clothing.
I bet you all think youre too good for Target!

you bet right

Funny thing is, the "nice stuff" and the "cheap stuff" are all made in the same factories. You pay for the label more so than the quality

so buying from target is smart if you dont care about looking wealthy or if you just wanna look like an average joe that doesnt dress like an autist?

yup, i go for t/long sleeve shirts. they dont have decent fitting button downs

thats what i bought, they had some nice basic t's and long sleeves, some with buttons some that were like the baseball shirt styles.
I went in target to grab some cheap socks and was surprised with their clothing. i almost felt dumb after i bought the clothes because i got them at TARGET lol.....

Personally I fuck with target men's clothe, it's pretty cheap decent every day down to earth Joe clothe and I can live with that. Don't neeed to impress really anyone or make up for anything by trying to dress like most autsits on here.

Although I treat my self to the delights of the higher end avenues once in a while for special days or days I'm just feeling good.

Target has some basic good things. It's all about your taste level. Fit, coloro etc. no one will know you got clothes from target. People are just dumb followers.

Glad you guys can see why I bought a bunch of shit from target.
I just like looking basic but not like I dont know how to dress.

I did get two pairs of pants from target. They are skinnyfit levi denizens. I washed them and i'm not sure if i like the fit.

you guys got basic jean suggestions? they were $30 each

What did you get? I saw some Goodfellow stuff today and it looked really nice, didn't have time to try much on though.

Can I see some of the pieces you got because I still haven't seen anything from this line

I really appreciate this post.
For the price, it is well worth it. Besides suits, it definitely beats out cheap alternatives like H&M and J.Crew Factory.

I also like that Goodfellow and Merona never follow the skinny lapel or tiny collar trend.

Also, the new T-shirts from Goodfellow are surprisignly good. I really like the collar and the weave.

One thing that disappoints me are the cheap buttons they use on their henleys.

They have some pretty decent gym clothes that polyester underwear is pretty awesome

just buy hm like everyone else?

target worker here.
if youve bought target clothing in the past, this is a good time to buy them now. goodfellow is replacing all the merona stuff so theres a really good chance your local target store is putting a shit ton of things on clearance.

also, C9 (their active wear stuff) is also getting a rebranding sometime so im sure all that stuff is gonna be on clearance as well.

Yup, Hermès is made in the same factory as Primark.

It really depends..

only if we're talking about shit-tier big logo tees from "luxury brands"

OK but it's like a 30 minute drive to one...
I might take the trip to buy a jacket.

Tj Maxx is way better than target

You can get levis t-shirts for $6.99
soft T-shirts $5.99
Nice denim & flower button ups for $12.00
Levis 511-513 for $23.00

Target is much more expensive
You would have done better at TJ

Aw well. It never crossed my mind to check there.
I might be done better at hm too.
But I will at least grab a jacket there. Are 511 levis pretty skinny fit?

uniqlo 30-40 bucks, little extra if you want too get them tailored at the store for a perfect fit

they are a slim fit, the 510 is more of a skinny fit, the difference is mostly in the leg opening and dimensions of the pants below the knee

Ive been wearing some of their same mossimo tees and they are perfect and have been for years. Fit isn't consistent though.

Did they rename the mossimo brand or something

Holy shit the shilling Target has been doing online for their new Goodfellow & Co. brand is unreal. There are posts currently all over MFA on Reddit despite almost entirely negative comments.

I actually went to my local target to check the stuff out. You can feel the cheapness. The shoes are practically weightless and feel like they'll fall apart if you so much as hit the toe against a curb. Nothing is made of real leather or is 100% and fabric, it's all cheap poly cotton blends. The cuts are abysmal.
This has nothing to do with the flawed idea that cheap clothing is being made in the same factories as expensive brands but sold for less, this is just shitty low quality clothing.

Mossimo is staying, their more mature Merona brand is getting renamed and restyled as Goodfellow.

>cheap
>big name store
>not shopping on all express or eBay fashion or going to marshalls/Ross/second-hand store

Quality funpost, would get baited again.

Do they have their selvage jeans in yet? None of the stores in my area do.

I bought like 6 long sleeved shirts and 5 t shirts.
Good enough for me. What's wrong with the shirts?

>ITT teens debating where to buy white t-shirts with their allowances.

I spent 200 on shirts at target since all my old ones were worn out
That's a lot of money man

Lel this, the shilling is everywhere.

What about the shirts and long sleeves? Good bargain?

I feel sorry for you, but still, sage this shill.