UNOFFICIAL Money-Saving thread

Let's change the tune of stocks and how to make money to how to save money for a bit. What tips and techniques have you used to save a bit of cash in your situation?

I've started buying food in bulk online. I'm living with my fiance with Celiac disease, so we pretty well have to prepare our own meals. Buying in bulk just makes sense, to make up for the higher cost of gluten-free products.

Other urls found in this thread:

transhumanism-russia.ru/documents/books/gtd/Getting_Things_Done_-_The_Art_Of_Stress-Free_Productivity.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 cheap housing and cars

Female and I stopped eating out at restaurants unless it's food that we otherwise wouldn't prepare (eg. all you can eat sushi etc). We cook instead. Our food is vastly superior, infinitely cheaper, and we have alot more fun.

We tend to stay home and watch movies as well. The theatre is uncomfortable and pricey.

I guess we just go out less because we enjoy staying home more which nets cheaper experiences.

Also no cable tv, just internet.

What does her son eat?

>People in loving healthy relationships that cook together and enjoy each other's company
I want to lay my head on railroad tracks.

Wife has multiple food related issues we've been trying to track down through docs, but eating at home from scratch has proven to be cheaper and it allows full ingredient control. For instance, once you get it down you can make a gluten free pizza for pennies, in less time than it takes to deliver.

The kids love making it too.

>And now they have kids
Maybe someday the beer will make me brave...

Collect the water from your shower as the water heats up.

kek

Five white babies too. Doing my part.

Save a daughter for me, won't ya' pal?

It's true, but better to be alone than with some skank. Always remember.

This isnt a fucking game, kid, this is my life. Live on the Alaskan tundra for a year and we'll see how your habits change when you come out the other side. You wake up and spit your morning loogie down the sink. I swallow it for sustenance. You're the kind who throws away bad milk. I make sour cream. You tie your shoes before you leave the house. I use one long lace between them both to save $ on shoelaces, faggot. I shit in a diaper for a year cause I couldnt afford to flush. Ever heard of a lambskin condom? I fuck lambs with a condom.. cause women are just to pricey. I have a mustache, cause it gets me free hotdogs. You're up a paddle without a creek, richboy. Ill only tell you once: I keep my promises kid, cause I cant afford to lie.

cuck

In the grand scheme its acquire the knowledge and do the work yourself.
And fastidiously furiously looking for those operational bits of efficiency to plug in good work.

A lot of top level stuff is deciding what work needs doing by you

I don't follow GTD to the letter. The book was Life Changing in how I think about productivity.
transhumanism-russia.ru/documents/books/gtd/Getting_Things_Done_-_The_Art_Of_Stress-Free_Productivity.pdf

Amazon Prime Now is fantastic. I run 1/5 the errands I used to and focus on the parts of my life that only I can or should do.
I lose maybe $30 a year in tips but gain much more in gas and manhours.
Now I only go to stores if there is a really good sale on a staple in my diet to buy in bulk, or to try something new.
I pay the novelty premium more than most, b/c dreams and fantasies are for losers. Get good data and know rather than estimate or price things out completely.

The good test for cheap vs frugal is looking at the price before reading the description. getting qualitative data first so you can do a fair market estimation.
Doing this you can spot where you're being fucked and where you're getting added value.

Also I spent a long time Doing the work myself and combing through analysis of others and doing my own thing.
This is time consuming as hell. Find a sherpa. Trust your guide. Do as they instruct without question, suspend your disbelief and set your world view aside. Often the why's and wherefores are self evident after you've scaled the mountain.

The Two most expensive things in the World Are TIME and SPACE. Focus on saving on those first.
Where money comes in is in the exponential earning capacity b/c money never sleeps.
Learn TVM and its hard to steer a person wrong.

You scale in time buy getting employees and agents to work on your behalf.
There are always people whose time is short and have a money problem. Buy from them. You'll likely come out way ahead, simply from their context.

Don't get discouraged user. It's never too late to turn things around at least a little. Start walking and getting in shape, get an interesting hobby and maybe join a club or take a cooking class or something.

Rule #1: Don't be frugal with food and eat healthy Medicine and treatments are very expensive. Make numbers.

>Implying I'm not in shape
>Implying I don't have some interesting hobbies
I guess I could take a class or something, but interacting with people isn't tough. It's getting a phone number and a date that's tough for me.

Don't drain your dirty shower water if you take warm showers in the winter. The heat from the water will transfer to your bathroom and reduce your heating costs

How old are you user. Girls don't do phone numbers anymore. Get snapchat.

Girls don't date they hang out.

Dates are high cost investment w/ low yield for women.

check your phone plan every few months. i use boost mobile, used to be 1gb/mo for $40. i saw a billboard saying 2gb for $35, looked into it, signed up for autopay which reduced price to $30/mo.

basically, stay informed.

Same guy, and I'm 25.

You just made me entirely disgusted with women.

>Girls don't date they hang out.

They for shit sure don't hang out at malls anymore.

-Mall agent

That's a little creepy.

Go carless.

white knight beta cuck baby dicked bitch

Gets me every fucking time

>I fuck lambs with a condom