Which Celtic tribe was the most successful?

Which Celtic tribe was the most successful?

The Irish, because they are the only ones that actually have their own country. Well, PART of their own country. The most profitable part is still held by Anglo-Normans.

Define success.

I would also say the Irish, the basis that they're the only ones still existing.

The Welsh did okay too.

>the basis that they're the only ones still existing.
what?

The Irish are the most stylish

I'm Irish and these Fenian fucks are an embarrasment.

t. William Paisley

as an actual cultural identity.

Of course Celtic people genetically still exist, I'm British, I'm almost certainly heavily Celtic, but we're bastard german norman frenchmen

>as an actual cultural identity.
no more than scots, britons or welsh

STOP pol posting

The gauls held the largest unified land and had the richest cities, successfully defended the Rhine against the germanic tribes and sacked rome several times. One time some Gaulish mercenaries on the way to Sicily sacked rome just because they were in the area, they definitely were the great power in central europe and befitting you can say (inc romeaboo butthurt) Caesar main achievement is that he beat gaul

Definitely more, go to Ireland

And where are the gauls now?

None. They're all anglos now. Even in the independent "celtic" country nobody speaks the actual language, it's like it was a stranger thing. Kids from my country go to campsites in Ireland during summer to learn english.

*Soverign state. Both Scotland and Wales exist as countries.

Either way, Ireland's claim to relevancy stems from that it was conquered by Normans and brought under the crown of England. Scotland remains the greatest celtic nation, with the celtic tribes that helped formed England probably counting as the most succesful.

also comes in 16th century variety

>Ireland's claim to relevancy stems from that it was conquered by Normans and brought under the crown of England.
Ireland was never really conquered by the Normans and even the Norman lords in Ireland were only nominally pledged to the English king.

Plus the Norman period was probably when Ireland was least significant internationally. Not sure where you're getting the idea of it being their "claim to relevancy", haven't heard any historian ever say that/

and maybe you should visit highlands once

The premiere european power from 800 to 1830?

I said stems from; I'm saying that Ireland's main claim to international fame -- outside of books, both in the providing and writing sense -- comes from when it was brought under the English crown.

You could possibly say the same thing about Scotland, in that it's been at its most relevant in the UK, though I'd argue it was a fairly important minor player in European politics in a way Ireland never managed.

Redpill me on ireland

I lived there for a few months, they lack any unique culture other than excessive drinking and pointless nationalism. Anyone you meet who is cultivated turns out to be English.

>other than excessive drinking and pointless nationalism
and sheep

Laughing Franks .jpg
It's okay peasant. We're totally the same now

liar

The one we've never heard of

>WE

Irish, also the Bretons, who are gauls.

>also the Bretons, who are gauls.
no they aren't

It's a island off the coast and west of Britain. Irish people live there. They also got taken over by the British/English for awhile and after a revolution or two Ireland became independent, for the most part.nit also rains a lot there.

Are you retarded

Germans because they didn't die to the initial Roman Northern expansion?

Venetes

No
Bretons are not exactly Gauls. They came from Great Britain, but Brittany was already inhabited by Gaulish people.

>not mediterranean
>succesfull

Nice meme i keked

How about we get a list of actual celtic tribes and go from there.

Pic is of the contemporary "celtic nations" that have survived. Curious what others may be.

Didn't the Picts manage to hold off the Romans?
I mean, I know the Romans also saw little worth in taking over their lands and so couldn't divert as many resources into it, but still.

Germans aren't celts afaik

From what i've heard from people who went to study there they also have lots of potato.

>Modern day irishmen
>Not british colonizers

Probably the Keltoi who gave their name to the whole race, and who are usually mis-named as "Gauls".

>likening Gauls to me and my people

Erm could you not?...

no you aren't, gb2 London westbrit

>Irish are Celts
>Celts still exist
>Celts being anything more than a modern label for a group of related Iron Age cultures and a language family

>Ireland was never really conquered by the Normans

Why are Celts such cucks compared to the other Caucasian races?

Why are caucasians such cucks compared to every other race?

It's like when a kid prestiges in Call of Duty.

They're bored with the challenge, so they're intentionally crashing their civilization so they can have the fun of rebuilding it again.

Kek

How exactly?
remember that Arabs, north Indians and fucking Somalis are all Caucasian too, among others

>most profitable part
>anglo normans
You're a bit of a retard, they're Englishmen and the north is a money drain, we dont want it.

>other more powerful nations come along and invade
>we are not at the same level as them
>therefore we are cucks

Nobody hundreds of thousands still do, plus our culture is still ingrained heavily in gaelic, even if we speak majority english.

They later got cucked and adsorbed by the Irish, so no.

>the Irish

"no"

i'd say its claim to fame was preserving christianity after the collapse of the WRE and helping to reintroduce it back into the anglo-saxon and frankish kingdoms. it's next claim to fame is the irish famine and the success of irish americans, and finally the significance of the troubles as one of the last violent conflicts in western europe since wwii and the imperfect model of peacemaking that is the good friday deal. thats about it desu, the other stuff being famous irishmen such as the modernists or irish who obtained success in anglo culture like jonathan swift, oscar wilde, beckett and joyce