Why is vaping seen as 'uncool'?

Why is vaping seen as 'uncool'?

And most of this hate for it seems to only be overblown online. I know plenty of people that vape, and plenty of people that don't really care.

Is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/UCM501234.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It looks stupid to people that don't vape. Plus it's just as harmful as smoking.

Suck that poison, goy...

It reminds people of
>Fedora nice guys
>Edgy teens
>Hoes
Also most of the people who vape are
>Trying to be cool
>Vaping in places where it annoys people
>Pretentious af

i just do it because the nicotine concentration can be stronger than cigs

same but not in public cause it looks gay af

I hate when people buy vapes with 0 nicotine just to chuck fat clouds in public

>Fedora nice guys
>Edgy teens
>Hoes

Memes aren't an accurate representation of popular culture.

>Trying to be cool
>Vaping in places where it annoys people
>Pretentious af

I don't understand why anyone would think vaping would be 'cool'? But you can definitely say that about cigarettes.

But I do hate it when vapers start puffing huge clouds in public. I was sat waiting for the bus trying to browse on my phone but had this cunt blowing thicc clouds about with his $400+ 'mod' box.

I'm yet to meet many that are pretentious, I've come across one that dismissed smokers as dirty but had some valid points.

Vaping was popularized by underage high school and middle school kids because of how easy it is for a child to obtain a vape

>Plus it's just as harmful as smoking.
sauce?

it might be different in burgerland, but here in bongland it's only people 30+ that vape, just to try and save money

Source?

All literature at the moment does not indicate whether or not they are as equally as dangerous. When it comes to definitive presence of known carcinogens, e-cigs have significantly lower levels than cigarettes. The major probable carcinogen e-cigs may have is propylene glycol, but the long term effects are still unclear.

>sauce?
Common sense, just take a lot at the chemicals used in the liquid, and research what chemicals result from the actual cloud.

>basing your opinion on effects that haven't even been witnessed

>putting something in your body that hasn't been properly studied yet

Let me guess, you drink coffee and consume large amounts of sugar but believe them to be good for your health because they have no legal restrictions

>the liquid

There are thousands of different types of liquids.The basic ingredients needed for it to function correctly don't have any negative or long-term health effects, something that multiple studies have proven. There are however, brands that'll cut corners for a cheaper product and substitute parts of the formula with chemicals that aren't good for you, but that is in an extremely insignificant number of cases.

I think the best way to judge if they're bad or not is just to give it time. In about 10 to 15 years we'll start to see some of the long term effects of usage, if any.

I'd much rather vape than smoke. Glad I don't do either though.

Nearly every "tfw to intelligent" and fedora type of guy I saw was vaping too

Mostly teens here vape, because they can get it without problems, they sit in middle school and high school toilets or outside school buildings in small "cool kids" groups trying to seem more mature

Yeah they try to be cool, practising different ways to vape etc

One time some girls got offended because I asked them not to blow this in my face

Most of them feels superior because they vape

sounds like a cultural thing where you're from, and that it would get very annoying

Wtf people who smoke cigarettes don't end up with increased serum metal levels, vaping causes that though. The industry is completely unregulated, so you don't even know what junk you're putting in your lungs / blood.

First one is what I saw mainly on internet, not in person

The rest is what I saw in person, but people from different countries often agree that that happens

I would recommend a drip setup for private use at home or with a couple guests

it's a meme in the same way hoverboards and fidget spinners are a meme, they're just really popular and funny, but desu almost all of the "cool kids" in my area vape.

vapes were originally intended to help people who are addicted to smoking cigs quit, that's why my mom and dad both vape

Some people are confused when people like me say vape is gay. Those that use vape to ween off of nicotine are perfectly fine, however most people that I know to vape do it because they think it's cool.

Vaping isn't uncool. Vaping culture is uncool.

This
False, sauce
I actually did smoke, started vaping and it got me off cigs and turned into a hobby. Now I just vape 3mg and enjoy it. Never did it to be cool, I actually think that you sometimes look like a retard blowing these huge clouds in public places but I've done my research and made my conclusions about it and dont mind it..
Few of my friends do this, never understood why since if you don't smoke I feel that vaping can become a gateway into smoking. But who knows, I have no proof besides what I've seen.

it's actually not, compared to cigarettes vapings less harmful also you don't lose your breath or your taste buds.

>vaping culture

kek'd

you guys don't get it
it's like smoking but in a futuristic aesthetic

this.

I use to smoke a lot, my brother gave me one, i just used it at the beginning while reading and stuff like that, get used to it, smoked automatically less cigarettes, gained bether breath, started to do sports because i had the breath to do sports, quit smoking cigarettes and lost some pounds.
for me it works fine..
if i had autism a fridge spinner maybe would also work fine for me...
it's the hipe that makes it a gay af meme i guess

Only is fa if you don't care

>tfw day 5 of no smoking
Will I miss smoking forever?

Miss nicotine at least

>Mouth Fedora.

Source?

I hate how they sound when people use them

These actually smell worse than tobacco. Fuck that sweet bubblegum smell

t. non smoker

major this

that stupid crackling sounds nothing less than unhealthy and gross desu

Fake news

Propylene glycol is used in inhalers and is fda approved.

>just take a lot at the chemicals used in the liquid
w0t
the two base chemicals used in the liquid are relatively harmless

I hate that friends had the decency to go outside to smoke but since they switched to vaping they seem to think it's fine to do it indoors
That smoke isn't going anywhere. It's being deposited on my expensive speakers, screens, lenses.

Veeky Forums - Fashion

Oh no.

Designer clothes

Every time you masturbate, Satan laughs.

Every time you vape, a Jew laughs.

Because it's a "safe alternative" to smoking. This is the defining point that will always prevent it from being cool. It's like asking "why is wearing a helmet uncool?". Because the alternative is dangerous and unsympathetic.

the smoke is no different than you going up to your computer and blowing on it.
hell, your farts are more dangerous to your precious electronics because of airborne fecal mater.

>The industry is completely unregulated

You didn't even try
fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/UCM501234.pdf

it is just water vapour. The humifity of the room will be slightly increased. Chances are this will do nothing to even the most delicate of consumer electronics.

vaping just seems like the logical conclusion to smoking for me because im the type of person who doesnt always want a full cigarette every sitting but just a few puffs here and then chill

idont like feeling forced to smoke a whe cigarette

I work at a vape shop: AMA

Unfortunately it is the few that ruin it for the many. There is a large difference between people who use it to quit smoking, children who want to be smoke dragons, and people who do it for fun for either the flavors or the strong menthols to be able to breathe during allergy season.

The few speak for the many.

It looks obnoxious, and as with anything other people are obsessed with, people who aren't will be kinda turned off.
Also sometimes people don't want to smell triple maple blueberry waffles when they're walking around at the mall.

It sets of fire alarms too

Literally never even think about myself whenever I vape

>going about my day
>vape
>inhale
>keep going about my day

really, you should be paying attention to what YOU are thinking

non-vaper but i know for a fact that it does little to no damage to anything indoors
the smell doesn't permeate, the vapour will dissipate by itself rather than sinking into every fabric, it's little more harmful than blowing the steam off of your breath at a tv from 3 or 4 feet away

anyone here /juul/ boys? 5mg nicotine

i vape but i only do it at home and places people can't see me lol

that's interesting.
do you feel ashamed for vaping? i mean when you are home, alone, vaping and hoping no one find's out. Do you feel ashamed in that moment?

no i just feel like its lame and kinda annoying

menthol vape juices help with allergies?

whuhh

I have a lot of 0 nic flavors I use as bases and then I have a couple 8 and 12 nic ones I use to basically spike them and make a new flavor. Ive tried just a full 0 nic tank and really couldnt even tell I was hitting anything.

why don't you just buy bases?

No, actually.

I've heard reports of film build-up on car windows from vaping inside the car. On a window wiping it isn't a big deal but you can't wipe your speaker drivers or the inner elements of your lenses.

And you say it's just water vapor, it isn't. There are oils and other stuff in there and it doesn't stay a vapour at room temperature

superior to vapes in every way

>sleek, small and portable design
>doesnt create massive, obnoxious clouds
>gives a buzz
>has cool rainbow light when you shake it