How do I dress my age? I keep hearing that I dress like I'm trying to look younger. Well no shit...

How do I dress my age? I keep hearing that I dress like I'm trying to look younger. Well no shit? Should I start dressing business-casual?

I'm 40 years old.

well whats your fucking age?

You're a good looking dude. Weird and sad but good looking. Dress like Gosling and keep working out.

Ditch the baseball cap, really does kiddify you imo

Unless he's bald, then he should go full henchman-core

just wear jeans, white shirt and throw out that stupid hat you fucking idiot

>40 year olds browse this board

hey igor can i get a top 5 list of actresses whose feet you would like to sniff?

you look good for 40 you fucking narkoman

Well you are browsing a board for teenagers. Don't listen to any advice that tells you to dress like a dad though.

Its not meant for teenagers. This board is meant for adults 18+. I know 18 and 19 is still teenager, but its more adult imo

Foot fetishists are worse than pedos.

Fuck that man do your thing. My dad is 52, listens to Future and wears fashionable shit. He's getting pussy and having fun while his coworkers are excited about mowing their lawn and vacation. If you don't look like a dad don't assume the position. Only one life to live brah

this

You're going to beat the cancer, Igor. I believe in you

You think you can leave, see you in a couple of years. We'll all be here.

looking pretty sharp my man but i'm sorry you're on Veeky Forums

honestly you need to drop this board, it's infested with teens
oh, and cop a black turtleneck to be Latvian actor core

>How do I dress like an adult now that I'm an adult?
A common question, often asked. Better asked too, lest you obliviously go on dressing like a teenager when you're supposed to look like a professional.

(Note that this is for looking more or less like a normie)
Basically, now that you're "old" instead of "young" on a binary scale, you can start dressing more formally on a regular basis.

Swap out your T-shirts for button shirts when you're going out. You can keep your T-shirts for relaxing, staying in, sleeping, outdoor work, etc., just make sure they don't have any kind of loud print on them. Polos are okay, but remember: they're basically just fancier T-shirts. You can wear them to casual outings, but don't bring them anywhere formal unless maybe you have a nice jacket over it.

For your button shirts, just tuck them in and roll up the sleeves to just above your elbow. Don't get short-sleeved button shirts unless they fit REALLY well, or you live somewhere hot.

Jeans are okay, be sure to at least have a light pair and a dark pair. Don't let them get too wrinkly, and make sure they have a proper fit. Nothing baggy or tight, they should have just a little bit of slack and a relatively straight cut. Speaking of slacks, you'll need some. Khakis work in most settings, including office or park, black or navy slacks are usually for more formal settings.

Belts are a must. Now that you'll be tucking your shirts in more often, you'll want about 3 different belts: Black leather formal, brown leather casual, and a spare for utility.

(1/2)

(2/2)

As for shoes, there's lots of ways you can go, but if you want to dress your age, you'll want to avoid trendy runners, skate shoes, or pumped-up kicks. Get a good pair of runners for running if you run. Get hiking shoes for hiking if you hike. Basketball shoes for basketball. When you're walking around town, at work, on an outing, or for semi-formal situations, you'll want a leather shoe. My personal favorite are loafers, as they mesh form and function very well, are very comfortable, look good in almost all settings, and give you a very "put-together" appearance. But laced leather shoes are just as good. You'll want to make extra sure you get a very comfy pair for casual, and a nice laced, maybe even polished pair for formal occasions.

Sock, however, are still a mystery to me. I used to get laughed at for having "old man socks", which were black crew socks at the time, then a couple years later, laughed at once again for having old man socks, which were then white ankle socks. My verdict is that it doesn't really matter, since most people won't notice. Ankle-length or slightly higher seem to be the best cut of sock, pretty much anything shorter than crew length. Black is a safe bet as it usually just blends into the background, white gives a "clean, crisp" appearance that can help an outfit and/or looks good in the summer and hot weather.

Lastly: Unless you're doing work outside, camping, or at some kind of extra-sunny outdoor event, lose the hats. Most adults don't wear hats except for pure function. If you're worried about your hairline, you're fucking 40. No one gives a fuck even if you had a full, luscious head of hair. I'm 28 and I'm balding and even I got over it. Get yourself a nice short or short-medium hairstyle that looks more "classic" than trendy. Something you could see an office worker your age wearing. Think more "bill gates" and less "Jim from The Office".

Oh, and a note about ties: Have some solid, dark ties. No fancy patterns or loud colors. Diagonal pinstripes are usually good. Ties are just for formal or business-formal settings.

Oh, and jackets/suits. You'll want at least one nice, FITTED, formal suit. Other than that, slacks and a couple blazers and/or formal-casual jackets with lapels work fine.

You mean Hitman-core.

>implying half the posters here aren't under 18

idk where you live but in America 18 and 19 year olds are no where near adults. Fact: if you don't pay bills, you are not an adult

That's because everyone in America is retarded

I'm from america and moved out at age 17 after I graduated HS. Had to pay everything myself. EVERYTHING. I wasn't babied after graduation. I even have to pay for my own college along with everything else that comes with having your own car and place.

>40
>on Veeky Forums
what actions led you to this

What's too old for Veeky Forums?
I'm 24.

you're good looking. i bet you'd look great in a fitted navy blue polo with slim khaki chinos and desert boots.

you're never too old for Veeky Forums

You could start by telling us how old you are

Alright lads
24/m in a hot tropical country
I don't really feel dressing like some streetwear, fuccboi, gothninja or techwear.
I wanna dress casual but "mature" how do I do it? Chinos, casual boots and a botton down shirt? Is it really that simple?

you can't cure autism

Tropical wool trousers, loafers(or sandals), cuban collar button downs

Can you post inspo my man?

>Tfw you own an apartment, a car, a dog and have a full time employement with a good pay at the age of 19.

>Should I start dressing business-casual?

Yes.
that's what I do and I am 35