Expedition Down Parka No. 1

Is it worth the money? Are there better ones for that price?

It costs 1,800€

fjallraven.de/expedition-down-parka-no-1

I really like it. Canada Goose is plebtier. Anyone got other good winter jackets?

No, friend. It's a very respectable brand and will be an amazing jacket. But that is an insane price for a parka. I'd say 700eu max for any jacket.

Where do you live that you need this?
Get moncler but you probably live in SF or somewhere else where this is ridiculous overkill

Nigga I lived in Quebec (-40 C) and I had a 100 euro jacket and it was fine. My mate had a Canada Goose because he's a massive hypebeast and it was nice and a lot warmer but fuck me that's stupid expensive. Save money and buy another one in a few years, you'll be happier and won't get bored as fast

Thanks for the responses! Good to hear that brand isnt burned already and has a good reputation.
I think you are right, maybe I am better off with a parka from the same brand for 600€ and buy myself another one for the next winter

fjallraven is high quality as fuck in general especially for the price
can't speak for that specific item but if it's anything like rest of their products, yes, it's worth the money

I've been in a Fjallraven store a couple times, and it IS a pretty up and up legit brand, so at that price point it's gotta be extremely, extremely nice. I guess if you're rich as shit with money to burn, you may as well buy it. You get what you pay for.

It looks good, too, very masculine. Reminds me of a Vietnam era M-65 built for the North Pole.

You have to go back

What jacket did you have?

I'd check out yupik or barents, third of the price and will work perfectly fine if you arent standing still hours in antarctica

Zara duffle coat. It's not about the torso in those temps anyway, you can have a thick shirt and a good sweater to keep you warm. The real problem is your legs, nothing you can do to layer your legs except long underwear which is pretty silly. Fuck it was cold over there.

Ten C Smock or Anorak with a liner.

He said he didn't want to spend 2k

OP try the Yupik, Barents or Arktis parka from Fjallraven. I have a couple of their coats, all amazing quality.

The Varusteleka Parka shaped like this is better and costs far less.

Lol wtf senpai almost all military winter parkas other than the American M65 are based upon the Denison smock and follow the same features as this parka, they're also more focused on colder weather than the M65.

>is better
lmao no
>costs far less
well I can't argue with that

Actually, he did say he was willing to spend about 2000 euros.

Ten C costs about that much and will last a lifetime.

just get a Moncler and a Canada goose it will still be cheaper.

>I think you are right, maybe I am better off with a parka from the same brand for 600€ and buy myself another one for the next winter

Are you retarded? Why the fuck would you buy a new parka on a yearly basis?

>Ten C Smock or Anorak with a liner
I wouldn't spend €1800 on a parka that is doubtless amazing quality, still doesn't state that it's not made in china which is where most of fjallraven stuff is made so I would rather spend that some of money on something more ethically made.