This board is so fucking toxic...

This board is so fucking toxic. If you don't live in a big ass libshit infested city you will look like a flaming retard if you follow this board's advice. If you do live in a city, you will still look like a flaming retard but at least you'll blend in with all of the other pretentious faggots that think they're important enough to mimic fashion meant to be worn by celebrities only. The best fashion advice anyone can give you is to dress the same way that people around you dress. The best way to look good is by not standing out.

You can be fashionable without going full force goth ninja or techwear. I live in Mississippi but I still dress tasteful. If you just want to fit in then hey that's your call. That's not what someone who wad ever into fashion would say. Stfu lil boy

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

we've had some problematic threads from /v/ and /pol/ in recent years as well. nothin' personnel etc.

i thought brian needed a wheelchair

Hell no

The thing that this board never really understands is that more than half of these threads are made by people who prioritize standing out over actually looking good. They can't tell the difference.

The irony is the meme shit this board fawns over all looks the same.

This is so fucking true. Almost everyone on this god forsaken board tries to dress "ironic" and its so fucking stupid. This whole ironic style only works on people who actually have an interesting personality and some charisma.
It doesnt help to copy their style just to take a pic in your room with your head slightly bent to the side.

You also hardly ever get constructive criticism ever, It's just lol you're a fag, trash kill yourself etc.

well i guess that explains everything. what is the best place to learn more about fashion? discord?

YIKES NO WONDER

Teenagers have no experience and no knowledge. Some things you can't discuss with them.
>discord
Get aids. Read a book. Check warosu.

The thing is though, you can only be fashionable if you dress contrarian to the society you live in. A person who tries to fit in is a mindless sheeple.

It's about dressing contrarian while not looking autistic.

There's nothing wrong with fitting in. When you're not a teenager anymore you'll understand this.

I think this is the point that us 21+ people need to get off Veeky Forums and start talking to people, reading, and anything else not online.

It's about finding a fine balance

There's a reason why the Ubermensch/Overmen of our society are contrarian

>MFW when mommy won't give me credit card to buy the clothes I want kek

this is all correct. people who follow """"""""""advice"""""""""" look like they're LARPing. it's cringe as fuck.

grow a pair, normie

Flyovers shouldn't be allowed to post on Veeky Forums

OP fucking nailed it. Almost everyone on here looks like an asshole. Spend all their time and money trying to pull off that idgaf look. Retards.

#nailedit

>mfw when
My face when when

Buy Alan Flusser's Dressing the Man. Read it.

Which is why I hate basic bitch grungeshit like many faggots on here post

>The best way to look good is by not standing out.
No. The best way to look good is to look good.

The real cancer of this board is teenage fuccboi mentality that promotes buying overvalued clothes that usually aren't in any way creative but serve as a scam pandering to edgy or superficially "unique" tastes the said teens have.

Only if you're unfortunate enough to live in rural America. In europe no one gives a shit.

Fucking this. However, Veeky Forums is super addictive even if nearly everyone here has trash opinions and zero knowledge.

t. 29 year old faggot who should kill himself.

Can at least one of you tell me how its fashionable to conform to how society dresses and also why one would want to do that?

Everyone conforms to a certain degree. Wall Street has a uniform and street kids have a uniform. You think every Vetements piece is a 1-of-1? Everyone wants to be different, but they end up looking the same - tats, piercings, stupid glasses, dumb hair. I wear slim chinos and a polo and I'm the most uniquely dressed person at my local coffee shop.

Interesting, that didn't cross my mind. It did cross me that there's a general outfit for every subculture, but I guess the point I want to make is that one shouldn't look at the generic outfit when coming up with their own. Even if it ends up looking retarded to everyone but you, you still remain yourself as much as possible and I think people will respect that.

What is warosu?

This. Most of America is such a goddamn shit hole.

I live in a 70k people city in deep South America, I dress like a pretentious minimal goth and I'm okay. I wasn't beaten up in the street.

im not ready for him to die :(

Is that K3sha?
God I wished more girls had that raveslut look to them, it's fucking hot.

So that's why Mystery dresses in tacky clothes!

>The best fashion advice anyone can give you is to dress the same way that people around you dress. The best way to look good is by not standing out.
Why is it people who have obviously zero interest in fashion insist on coming to Veeky Forums, then complaining when they find out it isn't centered around easy access everyday apparel?
You don't have to be here, OP. It's alright, you don't have to force yourself to pretend that fashion is something that interests you. You can just keep wearing whatever you're wearing.

The older I get, the more this is true.

Nah, you usually come of as "please look at me!" if you don't look strong or intimidating. Try living near a film/art school and it will turn you off from trying to be contrarian. The sheeple argument is what people with bad networking skills say, there's nothing wrong with fitting in.

>using the term Ubermensch
If you think any celebrity or athlete is an ubermensch, you don't understand what it means. Anyone else is successful off taking advantage of their connections with others, which isn't exactly being one either. Quit sucking Nietschze's dick, he was a crazy hack who just had good prose and axioms. In reality he was a fucking loser.

It's because everything is a subculture now, and if it's new or unique, it will immediately be consumed and be done to death. Think gauges, think Thrasher, think chokers/nose piercing revival, etc. In the end it's best to be conservative rather than trying to stand out, but you can still do it within your own tastes. But there's a reason old people don't dress like the youth.

New trends are always going to pop up though, and society will consume it. Being conservative is one way, but there's nothing really wrong with picking out different subcultures that you like and associate with, or just following some trends as long as you don't blindly follow everything your colleagues and icons do.

What, so you live somewhere irrelevant? Boohoo, move pussy