ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

artble.com/imgs/9/9/4/87801/hylas_and_the_nymphs.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got my sample of Colonia Leather today.

I don't know what I was expecting but it smells exactly like new leather car seats or new leather shoes... pure new leather.

It's certainly interesting but I'm not sure why a person would want to smell like that. I have other frags that have a leather note in them but I'm struggling to detect anything aside from leather here.

I don't think it's sexy or alluring at all.

can you guys give me some wet and foresty fragrances that are cheaper than buxton's lobster

C/N? 37 bucks on Amazon, from Guerlain themselves so I would bank that it's real

Anyone had experience of buying from strawberry net? The frag that I'm looking for is not available locally in my country.

Got this as a gift, toughts on the brand ( well on their fragrances ) and this one in particular ?

Anyone here have Jubilation XXV?
Any thoughts about it?

>don't wear cologne to the gym
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Yeah, like I'm going to go take a shower to wash off my cologne just so I can go to the gym. You guys are betas and if you think any girl or guy actually gives a shit if you smell like cologne in the gym you need to get off the internet and go outside for a while.

Hey if you want smell like cologne, sweat and swamp ass, do you. Just don't come crying back here when people avoid you because you remind them of that one weird kid in middle/high school that tried to cover his B.O. with too much cologne and axe body spray.

Any deo that smells like l'eau d'issey or has a nice fresh citrus touch to it?

I do. One of my favourite fragrances. Very opulent smelling. Smells like rich incense with blackberry and spices, very exotic, very middle-eastern. Not the most versatile fragrance, it's a pretty formal scent, but it works fairly well year-round.

Don't know what I'm talking about so bare with me.
Looking for something with a clean and airy sent if that makes any sense.
Thanks in advance.

What's the view on Clinique happy? A girl told me she loves it

Which one of these would suit me? I'm almost always wearing black and going to uni.
Le male, valentino, versace eros, la nuit de l'homme or spicebomb?

Top of the morning, /fra/. Another beautiful day, another beautiful fragrance to reflect upon.

=+=

ORIZA L. LEGRAND - RELIQUE D'AMOUR (INITIAL APPLICATION NOTES)

- Holy roses, Batman!
- Mediterranean herbs, thyme, basil, rosemary
- Pine and cedar
- A bit of white pepper
- Lily pads in a pond

Wow. This fragrance is surreal and of the 5 or so I've sampled so far, really takes my imagination to another place most. The fragrance hits me first with a strong and uplifting floral note which to me smells like roses and lilies. Second to the floral notes are the herbs: like the smell of a flavorful Mediterranean chicken marinade. Next I get a bit of chopped wood and even a bit of natural varnish and oils. Pine and cedar is of course present. Honestly, I don't smell the frankincense or myrrh at all in this one, maybe they'll reveal themselves later on. My mind is immediately transported to a sort of dark, cool pond in a forest amongst nymphs wearing roses and lilies in their hair, kind of like this painting here: artble.com/imgs/9/9/4/87801/hylas_and_the_nymphs.jpg

This is an interesting one, I'll be considering it throughout the day... Is it too floral? I can already tell the projection is not fantastic. Hmm, which occassions is this one suitable for? These and other questions, I will address later.

=+=

every second guy in my gym is an arab. they overspray as fuck all of them. so if i wear nautica voyage it should be ok. every maritime scent should be

molcecule 01. it smells like a fresh book
its just one ingridient so u can get the rip off for a few bucks on amazon

they are all shit.
go to a fragment store and smell as long until u find something

Just tried Chanel platinum egoiste, it seems remarkably similar to l'homme. Is there a reason I should choose one over the other?

Yep. Was fine.

Jesus Christ what a nightmare. If I'm huffing and puffing, the last thing I want to be breathing is fucking cloying cologne and sweat steam.

Nah, you can't.

Can I get a suggestion for a perfume?

Uni student / office work on the side
Usually in jeans and darker colors with sneakers
Serious attitude most of the time
Reasonably fit, more on the thin side
6'10

I want to reinforce that I'm professional but on the young side.

Local avaliability is important so popular fragrances are preferred.

Six feet and ten inches? Jesus fuck. I hope you meant 6'1"

Terre D'Hermes fits the bill very well. Can honestly be worn anywhere, any time with adjusting sprays.

Guerlain Vetiver

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (EDP preferred but make up your own mind)
Tom Ford for Men, the original.
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather or Oud Wood (if you have deep pockets or are willing to buy a decant)

Moschino UOMO?

Chanel Egoiste, or even Antaeus if you're up to the challenge.

Comme Des Garcons Wonderwood

Prada L'Homme - not hugely keen on it myself but I can see it working very well on someone else.

Who is the Rick Owens of perfumery?

UNUM or Nasomatto.

If I'm a poorfag college student, and pretty much dress the part, would I have much luck going to some place that sells a bunch of perfumes?

I hate to admit that Nordstrom is the only place that really comes to mind, excluding a local Macy's and Elder-Beerman that probably don't have much, not to mention will likely cater to a specific set of (post-menopause, suburban) women. Any better suggestions, particularly in the central Ohio area?

Anyway, would I be likely to get laughed at/glared at by staff? I don't want to waste my time if they'll just treat me like I'm wasting theirs. I just wanna learn what smells good so that I might buy stuff when I can finally afford it. (tho obviously, I plan on investing in my wardrobe first. speaking of, are high fashion retailers open to curious individuals, even if they don't intend to buy?)

Get rid of the attitude - I don't care how expensive the stuff inside is; if somewhere sells something, then it's just a fucking shop. If you want to go in and look at what they sell then just do it.

Ye, that's what I'd ultimately do. Not act like I own the place, but act like I know what I'm looking for, be respectful and humble, etc. Just wanted to try to gauge if I'd be wasting spending a day in the area, or not, since it's a bit of a travel for me. (suburbia sux)

Nah I get you. Make a list of some things to ask for specifically so you have direction when you go into stores. Just be honest and if they're not respectful then it's their problem really.
(also a poorfag and will be visiting the Salon de Parfums in Harrods soon)

I just made/am making that list, actually! Alright, I'll try to relax a little and check things out when I can. Thanks, user. Good luck with your own adventures.

I stop by my local LA Nordstrom if I'm early seeing a movie and I'm just in jeans/t-shirt, and I've had nothing but positive experiences with the men's dept. folks where they keep the men's frags. And I have found that honesty is the best policy in that I tell them that I'm not looking to buy anything at the moment, but I am interested in X and would love a sample to try on my own time. And when I have bought something, they've thrown in giant handfuls of samples.

wat

shit

do people here experiment with the really niche fragrances or do they just try out mass marketed borderline designer "niche" frags like tom ford and creed to add to their mega epic shelf collection full of colorful A*Men, Amouage, and Byredo bottles?

Encre Noire

That's one ugly bottle

I buy what I think might be interesting from luckyscent so you tell me

Thanks!

>t. fag who got the orig. molecule 01
ahahaha

somebody tried the edp version of voyage d hermes. its my favourite frag so far. if i want more parfumes like this should i look into woody floral scents or what?

Bleu de Chanel would be a good pick, but only if you are 20+.

Otherwise Roberto Cavalli Uomo would be a good pick

They're not all shit at all you sperm huffing retard

Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel

I've never really been into fragrances but I'd like to start trying to expand my collection. Right now, all I've got is a bottle of Calvin Klein EDT that my family gave me for Christmas. I'm a student so I don't have much money to throw around. Is there a list/infographic of fragrances for beginners, or otherwise any advice?

Versace pour homme fits that description nicely

none of those for casual uni situations, get club de nuit intense man and go light on the sprays (or aventus if you are wealthy). thank me later

if you mean literally you want a wet forest then you described

I own it - was walking the other day and swear i caught a whiff of it, but was just near wet coniferous trees and mud.

I'd love to hear why not.

What climate/situations will you be using it in? Any notes/other frags you like/dislike?

I've never experienced Legend Intense, but Legend is quite a nice fragrance. It maybe isn't as nuanced as you would hope (somewhat inky, kind of like an adult Axe) but it has nice sillage and is fairly long lasting. Mont Blanc is also a decent brand all around as far as semi-luxury goes. good luck!

Almost any department store will have a fine perfume and cologne selection. However, if you're looking for fancier, more niche, or more unique fragrances, I would consider Sephora, Murale, or online perfume stores.

Alright, I have a bunch of bottles by now and know what I like. Some opnions from you guys on what would fit in my tastes are welcome, I'm always looking for something nice and new.

What I have;

Declaration by Cartier. Love it and almost always wear it, no matter the weather or clothes I wear.

L'instant de Guerlain. Only in fall and winter and when dressed properly, and only a very small amount. It feels like going back in time.

Terre d'Hermes. Fresh and accesible, the replacement for Gucci pour Homme. I still stare at that bottle sometimes.

Gucci by Gucci. Utter shit and a big mistake.

Kouros by YSL. Good for when I have to act and dress like an adult. Very small amount only. Reminds me of my father and other manly men I admire.

Rubarbe Ecarlate. Smells pretty synthetic, but women love it and it's playful and fresh. Good for sunny days and colourful clothing.

I'd say it's mostly bigger niche brands available at Luckyscent and designer. But I've seen some smaller names like Gallagher Fragrances every once in a while.

I have Amongst Waves by Gallagher and I want Bergamust. Also have Ganache Parfums' Pineapple Mojito. Have Zoologist Bat, too. Pineapple Vintage Intense, if you count that.

So yeah, I'd say some of us have actual niche bottles.

How is Vintage Intense? I got some samples on the way

I like it. Haven't tried the other PV fragrances, but Intense is nice. I don't find it as sweet as Aventus, focuses more on the fresh aspects of the pineapple, almost smells slightly rubbery, but not in an unpleasant way. Doesn't smell synthetic, smells very high quality, unlike most Aventus clones.

Evening gentlemen.

=+=

Evening of Monday, September 11th, 2017 (Never Forget)
ORIZA L. LEGRAND - RELIQUE D'AMOUR (OVERALL NOTES)

- Projection could be better
- Fades quite quickly, barely noticable after 6 hours

This one is a knockout, man. I absolutely dig the wild and fresh yet refined feeling it gives, with the herbs, flowers mixed with the pine and subtle incense. It's like you're Dionysus hanging out with some qt3.14 forest nymphs by a lily pond. Seriously. I think this one is tied with UNUM LAVS for #1... I'm going to have to do an OVERALL OVERALL NOTES and rank all these "High Church" fragrances at the end here. Just one more fragrance left to sample tomorrow, it's the HEELEY CARDINAL. Can't wait. But this Oriza L. Legrand Relique D'Amour is fucking awesome, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing, church-like, piney, and downright surreal scent you can wear on a daily basis. I just wish the projection were better! I did apply this with a small application stick thing (plastic stick that is part of the sample bottle lid) so maybe that's the problem and I just need to try it in spray form. This fragrance is versatile, though, and I really think it's the only one on the list besides LAVS that feels appropriate for casual and formal occasions. I don't think it's easy to accomplish that, but, again, the dominant floral notes mixed with piney and woody notes, with the incense in the background, is really superb and fits right in anywhere.

Anyone else tried this one? It is fan-fucking-tastic. God bless.

=+=

recomen something for male around 50eur so i can get alot of gfs

Versace Eros

Added to my list for my big sniffing rampage around London. This looks like it's going to be exactly up my street. Chypre is the big boy choice.

I've been using Amouage's Memoir Man, Parfums de Marly's Herod, and Dior's Fahrenheit for a couple years now. I'd like to add 3 more fragrances to my collection.

1. A fragrance that exudes confidence, arrogance, an atmosphere that almost instills fear into other people for work as the owner of a company.

2. I'd like something mysterious, alluring, almost archaic for my time out with the lady in the evenings.

3. Casual for my days off, but nothing that's overused or too common. Would like it to be different from the initial 2 I described.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Superb! You must post your tales.

went to Sephora and samples of tf noir, mm jazz club, and commodities moss. I love them all desu. but I'm new to fragrance any thoughts on these and on what occasion to use them

1. Bleu de Chanel

2. Roberto Cavalli Uomo

3. Versace Pour Homme

alright then ill get a sample

You won't regret it my man. Let me know what you think.

What do you guys think of this fragrance? I just blind bought it because I like gourmands.

if you buy shit from luckyscent in bulk and you get free samples, they will ask for your directions for when theyre going to choose the samples for you; dont, theyll just pick random shit, pick the free samples yourself instead and thats what youre gonna write in the box

because so far their fucking ''handpicked'' complimentary samples fucking suck

I've been close to blind buying it myself

First time buying samples from Luckyscent. Anything I should know? Also, how many applications does a .7ml last?

also, plenty of applications, unless you make it drip on your arm you wont miss liquid anytime soon if you try them sample size

Commodity moss is an absolutely amazing scent, buy it

Yea they just recommended the Amouage shit when I mentioned the church theme. They've been the least fucking holy smelling fragrances of my entire samples batch. Sad!

I asked for romantic/gothic dark aetheral holy deep space alien transcendent frags and they just put puredistance M, tauer leau, jovoy incident diplomatique and a bunch of other shit that are surely out of theme too, disappointing

what are some scents that smell like:

1. Fresh popcorn

2. The smell of watering the garden on a hot summers day

popcorn note: La Fin Du Monde

garden ... Demeter Firefly??

if you want literal frags i dunno

I want frags

Eh, yea. I've heard great things about the actual storefront though, The Scent Bar, in LA. Haven't made it out yet. How'd you end up liking those samples anyways though?

I dont like them.

Haha. Duly noted sir.

I did the same thing as you; tried moss and book. Moss died early on me, and gave me a slight headache, book just smelled like fucking pickles

u wot. That sounds amazing. Maybe kinda sorta what I'm after. What stuff *do* you like, then, user?

(I'm - mostly I was aiming for chypres and maybe some woody orientals. Fwiw, I have little/no scent experience, though. But your description sounds spot on, as long as it doesn't include citrus?!)

I can't smell so I can't tell if I'm using my perfume enough. I use one spray on my collarbones/neck area before uni and want to make sure it gives a good scent without being disgustingly overdone, should that be enough?

Depends entirely on which fragrance you use. For most standard fragrances, I'd say 2 sprays is the minimum application, but it's for you to judge.

If you own less than 25 proper bottles of frags you're not truly into fragrances

>What stuff *do* you like, then, user?

the theme i mentioned but they put nothing of the sort in the complimentary frags, just new shit

Why choose this over ysl l'homme?

You don't

how's the sport version?

Are there any good sample subscription services I should look into? Should I even be looking at those or should I just buy samples on my own? I feel like I might spend a long time fumbling around, not sure what scent families I enjoy if I don't get a larger variety via a curated subscription.

/fra/ btfo

10/10 PS

Pls don't use our holy messenger to shovel crap out, it is blasphemy!

Why not Aventus?

/fra/ btfo

Casual situations during the day. I don't really have any fragrances which I particularly like or dislike.

>how many applications does a .7ml last?
Depends. One atomizer spray is ~.1ml. When I want to get a sense of a frag's performance, I'll do at least two sprays on my arm.

EdT