What degrees will be valuable in 5, 10, 15, 20 years

what degrees will be valuable in 5, 10, 15, 20 years

what degrees will be useless in 5, 10, 15, 20 years

I curious as to what Veeky Forums will say

Aerospace engineering.

Forget about moon. This degree -> mars.

Literally.

>what degrees will be valuable in 5, 10, 15, 20 years

Anything technology- and engineering-related, also the usual suspects such as medicine, law maybe? etc.

>what degrees will be useless in 5, 10, 15, 20 years

Arts & Humanities majors mostly. But let's be real, they're already useless now

what about programing ?

I don't think the demand for programming jobs will go down in the future, do you?

Major PhD in Computer Science, particularly in artificial intelligence field such as neural networks and minor in clinical psychology

+300k salary guaranteed after graduation

Get Electrical Engineering degree and learn programming on the side.

CompSci degrees are a meme compared to based EE.

Enjoy working at Google and driving a Lambo user. Sincerely hoping you make it.

thanks man.

Gender Science

is a msc in compsci/compeng really that bad?
keep in mind i don't pay to get a degree.

The most valuable will ALWAYS be maths.

I have a BSc in CS and I got a job at a major tech company very easily.

As long as you have some kind of credential and you're actually good you'll find it easy to get hired in the current market.

Taking Economics Veeky Forums in a Russell Group uni. Course starts in a month. Have I wasted my life?

What kind of work do you actually do?
I really know very little about compsci, and my uni's website just says you get to "work in a very broad and constantly evolving field" which is pretty non descriptive. The being good part comes naturally if it's interesting stuff i do.

My shitty Psychology degree.

I do crypto/security stuff, which is interesting. It'll also never be outsourced.

>Aerospace Engineering
>A field that is already flooded and shrinking.

>It'll also never be outsourced.

Yea until QNN's come into market and start cracking encryption algorithms and security schemes.

A new paradigm in crypto won't remove the need for security, nor will it make it easier to implement -- if anything, the opposite will be true. More work for me.

Cheers! that was what i was considering specializing in as well.

woman studies

Good now and future:
-CS and IT degrees (don't fall for the pajeet meme)
-Engineering
-Medicine (pls get doctorate or be a nurse)
-Pharmacy
-Cyber Security
-Mining
-Marine Transportation (and engineering)

Poo poo degrees
-Anything with biology
-Just about any humanities degree
-Law (unless going to absolute top school)
-Psychology
-Artsy fartsy "degrees" (dance, music")
-History

>IT

Can you elaborate sir? Like what degree level in IT? Neet here, but wanna start with an associates in IT and work up

Actuary is where the money is at.

You can't prove me wrong.

I'm thinking of going into finance and econ. Will I be able to secure a work placement Veeky Forums?

Two of my close friends did biochem and they both got jobs very easily. I wouldn't say Bio stuff is bad. They were at the top end of their class's but not a particularly well known school. Anything mining on the other hand, you'd have to travel out of Australia to find a job now that China doesn't want our shit and the world is anti nuke power.

A few different names.
Some schools is Information Systems, some is Management Information Systems. Might even be a networking degree or two somewhere. just make sure it is a B.S.
If you're a neet, I'd just skip college and get certificates desu. Comptia, A+, Cisco certs, etc. Ask /g/, they'd know more about the certs. Web development is a little saturated and a little pleby though, I'd focus on networking and learning programming languages, esp Java and the c family.

Finance depends a lot on your connections you already have and can get in the future. If you have a daddy in the business you'd do fine, but breaking in alone can be a hassle. Not to mention the horror stories of working for a big 4 firm or banking.

Accounting can get pretty boring and might soon be automated and replaced (at least a good part) by computer software, but it pays alright and every decent sized company needs one (or outsources it)

I'd personally go with actuarial science like says. Econ is meh, but it won't hurt if it's a supplement to any of those other 3 previously mentioned

Thanks.
Yeah I'm one of those kids that would quilify into the rich bracket and my dad has made (though a bit sketchy) connections with some people.

Are these ladies supposed to be hot? I fail to see the purpose of this pic.

Do not conflate programming with Computer Science. Programming is becoming more mainstream, but that's okay because when they try calculus or legitimately difficult problem-solving, they won't have a damn clue.

Code monkeys are replaceable. Computer Scientists are not.