Made a large purchase with a credit card

>Made a large purchase with a credit card
>Never signed the back of the card.

This means I don't have to pay the balance since the card was not valid, right?

You're an intelligent bastard, you know that?

Thank you kind sir

No, you still have to pay it.

No I dont. The card was not valid.

What's the point of having you sign the card then if doesn't matter?

So what are you going to say when you call the bank?
>hey i dont have to pay anything since i never signed the card

Yes. That's a valid answer. It's not his fault they made those dumb rules.

Yes.

And it will be what I say in court if it reaches that point.

So you knowingly used an invalid card to make a purchase? Sounds like fraud. Better turn yourself in, OP

Alex you fucking moron...

it would be if the fraud prevention believed him. how easy is it just to erase a pen with a pen eraser?

Interesting idea ,probably wouldn't work though they will just fuck you in the ass

>"huh that's weird, OP's card must've been used fraudently, let's just check the tapes of where he used it(as most stores have cameras pointed at the checkout"

fraud prevention gets 100s of calls like this. if you atleast had a friend spend your card you couldve gotten a refund.

Honestly if you're going to be doing this shit - it's FRAUD and it has the same punishments as doing it any other way, you might as well use one that isn't related to you in any way.

Commiting this offense with something directly linked to you, even if used by your friend or whatever is still stupid as hell.

Fucking brilliant

you should def retain a lawyer to help with the legal sqables and start a business doing that. I am sure that talking to someone at the local district attorneys office might be a good start, they all are looking for opportunities which might be more lucrative.

That's funny since you activated the card by phone when you got it (making it valid). Dumbass.

Oh wait, your mommy gave you that card.

>getting this mad over a joke thread

Why do you think I'm mad?

I've never signed any of my credit cards, ever.

It's obvious that you are somewhat frustrated.

I work in the fraud department for a major lender. In general, doing stupid shit like this will likely not get you in trouble with the police at least as far as we're concerned. This shit isn't worth the time, money, and effort to take to court. I work for an auto lender, but I imagine with credit cards it's pretty similar. They will likely charge off the balance and sell the debt to a third party to collect on after deciding the claim is fraud. They will know it's fraud. Fraudulent ID theft claims are so easy to fucking spot it's not even funny.

I know OP is trolling, but there really are people that think like that. They're really not screwing over anyone but themselves. Most of what a fraud department for a lender does is process stupid bullshit identity theft claims like what OP is suggesting. We identify which ones are fake and which ones aren't. The legit ones we actually look into, investigate, and work to help the offended party, but we have to wade through the sea of bullshit claims first.

Thinking about it really pisses me off. These people think they are so smart and don't seem to realize that we get hundreds of claims from people doing the exact same shit. This requires us to divert resources from actual fraud and we have to keep tabs on all of the claims because it's usually idiots like this who like to file stupid lawsuits that never go anywhere.

God damn it, why are people so stupid?