Replica clothing

what do you think about buying replica clothes (not to scam people with). For example, if i wanted some rick owens shoes but they were just about $700 out of my budget, would it be wrong just to buy a replica of that shoe for a fraction of the price?

1. I can pretty much guarantee you can't pull off Rick.
2. Replicas are shit, they are never made as well as the real thing. Just get a more different REAL shoe instead, dingleberry.

1. I mostly agree, but I could buy a replica to try the look maybe?
2. I guess you could compare that to H&M, look over quality. I guess I could, but Ricky looks cool imo.

People who can't tell replicas apart from the real deal are normies who will find rick ridiculous. People who like rick can tell replicas apart.

Besides, half of rick's clothes is how the fabric feels to the touch and you won't get that feeling from replicas.
Seems like a lose lose situation to me

supporting replicas is supporting intellectual theft
also the most retarded argument is when a repbuying poorfag claims they like the piece, but don't want to pay for it, thinking they're entitled to whatever they want because they like it

Most replica buyers are more than willing to purchase pieces at retail. Paying hypebeast prices from faggot botters and resellers whoring the limited releases is what they don't want to do.

yes, that was what i was trying to get at. i didn't really want to limit it to ricky.

if the replicas are literally the same shit as the original then its just dumb and gay to buy the original, like supreme box logo hoodies wich are indistinguishable from the fakes. Dont be a disgusting consumerist faggot, just buy the replicas. No one is gonna check it, no one really cares except for the losers who spend a months worth of rent to appear cool

w2c?

Bape box hoodie

This. Just buy good reps.

the only sort of rep buying i can almost understand are buying reps of super limited items that you will literally never have (see archive raf, but buying a rep of that is still retarded). If you really want a supreme box logo, save up the money. it's noone's fault except your own that you either a, couldnt cop for retail or b, cant afford resale
personally, i would feel too guilty about buying a rep, also, what is the point of purposefully buying fake hyped items
you aren't "flexing" anything if its fake

real or replica? what do you think?

I don't like fakes but I'm planning on buying a fake for a not so known but sold out shirt I really want since I found it cheap on ali.

Literally not available anywhere so this is my only option

The Supreme logo is so easy to do that I'm considering making some "parody" products.

buy it and wear it confidently, no one will see the difference

>Replicas are shit, they are never made as well as the real thing.
this is what company and price tag makes you believe if smth costs a lot, you automatically think the quality is AMAZING, which is just a psychologic effect of placebo

This, but choose a good vendor (which is tricky)

if you're attempting to expose and gather dirt on your friend then he isn't your friend really is he

and its legit

>spending over 5x the price in case faggots that care way too much about fashion (who's opinion i wouldn't give a fuck about anyway) ever get close enough to me to notice the kerning in a logo is slightly off, and end up thinking lesser of me for it

if you care about shit like that you deserve to waste all your money

praise the user, only ppl who will dare to check on you is some reedit nerds, who wont have the guts to confrontate with you

Replicas are better than originals. Where I'm from, spending as much money on a fake instead of an original means you have so much money to spend you'll get knock off clothes for original price, and therefore the more/worse the replica or knock off, the better

just be honest about it when asked or you'll look pathetic

if you only buy reps to flex then you're just a r/streetwear kid

as long as it's not a branded piece I'm fine with it

don't buy fake rick shoes though, because of the materials used you can easily call out fakes

If you're interested in buying reps then do the research on good sellers through TaoBao, don't touch anyone on AliExpress or DH Gate. Go through /r/fashioreps and look at the QC pictures of the actual items received rather than just rely on the sellers pictures. Like UNHS on TaoBao is the best place to get a box logo hoodie at the moment.

What do I think? The whole point of something that's expensive is that IT'S APPEAL IS THAT IT'S EXPENSIVE.

Buying reps doesn't say, "Oh, I liked this/these but I couldn't afford it"
it says,
"I'm going to try to fool you to making you think I spent bread on this/these."

Stay in your lane and don't get into a market you can't afford/maintain. I had to shit on people throughout my high school/college years like this.

I Unironically appreciate shirts with the Colgate logo.

Don't like it. But one time i bought fake yeezys. I was actually willing to pay like 700$ to get real ones at that time - but I really didn't want to pay someone this amount of money and then still having a 30% chance of receiving fake ones

>tfw plan to buy some replica Adidas Ultraboosts from a chinese seller reddit suggested
>they only cost like 30 USD each, but shipping will cost $40-50

Not really getting them specifically for the brand, I want some more casual sneakers, but no way in hell am I paying $180 a pair for them

Plan to get the UB 3.0 Oreo, UB 3.0 multicolor, and probably the triple black uncaged