Watch thread - wt

Okay Veeky Forums, let's have one of these going.

Post your watches, rate, let the normies hate.

Other urls found in this thread:

sovietwatchstore.com/product/raketa-gold-plated-au5-mechanical-wrist-watch
watchshop.com/mens-tissot-tradition-watch-t0636101603700-p99940324.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Daniel Wellington watches are literally everywhere. And everyone wears them now. Get real. Get something thats not like every watch in our time. Also typical normie whos talking bad about "those fucking normies"..

>no matches
you literally own this shitter

Of course i own it.
It's not a shitter btw.

there's already a watch thread you fucking mong and DW is garbage

Dad's watch on his child's wrist.

Any thoughts on this Raketa?

Rate

Honestly, the most fa watches are the unbranded replicas. Clock cucks and brand whores may screech. But it's the truth.

The whole production idea behind dw is buying cheap clocks, putting their name on it and selling it for an extreme premium. It's all marketing, dw doesn't mean anything, it's named that to sound kinda preppy. Filip Tysander is probably the youngest rich in Sweden, and he is not denying these claims.

throw all in the bin

the most Veeky Forums watch is one thats gonna last more than 6 months and be part of your wardrobe for many years, perhaps forever.

That shitfinger watch is not even worth rating. The explorer is a nice choice though

> Cant afford to buy a real watch
> Tries to justfiy it by saying "it is the truth".
If it lasts you more then a year, good for you. Most "No brand" watches are shit tier and will not last you for any more then a year. Better put your money on a good watch.

they all cost around 13$

What the fuck are you even doing on a watch thread ?

Fuck me it looks even worse IRL

Steinhart just released a 39mm submariner homage. Should I just go for it? I liked them but at 42mm they were just too big. Any experience with them?

idk how is this $270 on ebay. Thoughts?

>reeee normies
>Dinglberg Galoshes

pick one

not a fan of gold plating (although this isn't real gold plating, just gold tone), but all Russians are plated brass (chrome or gold tone plated) and i enjoy my Raketa for what it is.

not really a daily wear, but a decent dress watch for casual shirts and more formal attire

This bait is amazing

you did so good and so bad in one picture
>best modern rolex (no BBW lugs)
>1 fashion shitter, and a fashion shitter in disguise as a legitimate timepiece

love the polar, but the others need to go so you can get a proper dress watch

You should be fucking shot in the streets like a nigger.

nope. looks like shit.

unbranded panerai homages and fliegers are the most Veeky Forums by far

all except the casio are shitters, but all are ugly, especially the casio
Get a Seiko diver instead (at that price point. if you have 1k to spend with then get a Squale 1521 or CW Trident) then you wont be lying to yourself and everyone around you about your watch

what's the difference between being a shitter and being ugly? Also can I see a watch you wear Mr.fancypants?

being made terribly. obviously. ugly is then in regards to its appearance.

this one's pretty cool I'll admit as much.

cheers. id recommend one of these 2: as they are around $50 (search for parnis)

How fa are those

Says AU 5 microns on the case so must be gold. 5 microns is just wayyy too less, but it's not like i paid a fortune of this.

Post your Raketa.

oh right, that's surprising. its a big zero. waiting for a blue perlon strap to arrive for it

get the original cocktail time. it has the better 6r15 movement. the Bambino v4 is too big in my opinion but if you have large wrists then its a good choice.

personally i think dress watches should have decorated movements so i stay away from cheapish ones.

Neat, I don't understand why the big zero has a meme status, care to elaborate?

I suppose because it's not really dressy at all and being an 80s Raketa, doesn't have really any movement finishing.

It could also be the made up story of Gorbachev wearing one and using it as a prop in a speech.

i don't really know, i like its uniqueness though.

yo this nigga woke. pack it up everyone this thread is over

Now THAT will get you on a list

Got this one recently. I've begun to like it more

Thoughts on this JDM Orient? It should arrive any day now. I can't find any like this one for sale right now though.

$90 will get you a sapphire crystal, quite hefty, chink diver with a solid bracelet. Lume sucks and it's quartz but for a bit more you can get an automatic version with lume that's a lot better. 120 click bezel

Well the 0 and the huge numbers do make it unique.

Steal my watch game
sovietwatchstore.com/product/raketa-gold-plated-au5-mechanical-wrist-watch

How much did you pay for your alpinist? That's really the only seiko I want right now. I have been saving up for a nice dress watch but I might pick up an alpinist

Certified Pope Francis watch (Casio)

Is that not just a Parnis? sort of want a red one (and its not really a copy since there aren't any red rolexes)

£275 on eBay (they go for £310 now). they ship them to ireland to get around import tax somehow (if you're buying from UK/Europe. think they're a bit more in the US)

The parts could very well be the same parts that the parnis has. However I think Phoibos have a better standard for quality, they seem to check what they send out.

i'd imagine so

Lovely

Oh, I'm not the only one with a Daniel Wellington here. A pleasant surprice.

i copped the classic (DW) earlier this week.

DANIEL WELLINGTON IS A SHIT TIMEPIECE FOR NORMIES

Pls kill your self

Steinhart are really good watches with german inhouse(well most of them at least ) so go for it

Orient the poor mans seiko, still an reliable mechanism

Tips fedora

Wuuuuuuuuttttttttt.....niceuuuu

This is so wrong I don't know where to begin.

ETA is a company that supplies movements to all the shit tier swiss companies and value prop startups (eg Christopher Ward) and they are Swiss.

God this picture makes me wretch. Get that thing off your wrist and get a watch that actually fits.

Do they make the one on the left in a size like 38mm? Like the look but 47mm is fucking huge.

[spoiler]Alien Isolation?[/spoiler]

Is there a Daniel Wellington / minimal aesthetic watch that isn't DW-shit?
And I'm talking under $200 USD

I really like that watch face, but it seems possibly a little big. Whats the brand?

Brand is Instrmnt, model is 01 c

Winner winner

how much?

r8 this timepiece

>Gee Bill! You mom lets you have TWO watches?

if it came with a decent bracelet it would be 5/5

DW is good for aesthetics, people just hate them because they cant afford them.

Stop counting the time mate, you'll live longer.

ok boys. im a poor fag for $60 to his name and id like a gold watch with black facing, what companies should i look at?

dollarama nigga

>Find a watch with a nice aesthetic
>Movement is quartz
>Priced like an automatic/winder

Rustles my jimmies every time

seiko, sekonda.

i just wear garmin for running, dont see the appeal in basic watches that just show time.

define 'real watch'
>hurr durr, if you don't pay 10k, your watch is a cheap knockoff, doesn't matter if it looks good and keeps time well enough

>define 'real watch'
watches manufactured, QC'd, distributed, and retailed by the watch company or firms licensed by the given watch company

>0m (zero meters) water resistance
>"""""""""""diver"""""""""""

HAHAHAH look at those hour hands, JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI.

Tissot Everytime Silver Dial Black Leather Mens Watch T1096101603100

Costs about 140 USD

or this

watchshop.com/mens-tissot-tradition-watch-t0636101603700-p99940324.html

The d is the wrong way round

french watchmakers?

time is a sensitive item, thread it with care

Have I made a mistake? Don't hold back. I'd be lying if I say I don't love this watch.

Too big for your wrist...

I wouldn't generalize like that, I made myself this watch using a genuine eta 2824-2 movement, and all sapphire crystal. I wasn't trying to replicate anything, but I got a good looking watch, with an excellent movement, for much less than I would have otherwise paid.

Yo I see you in these threads all the time, I laugh every time I see your watch, it's amazing.

Will look into thanks m8

9/10... in the woods aesthetic

2 TWO 2 WATCHES? TRUUUMP!!!

Is that the pube watch?

Saving up for a Nomos :^)

My girlfriend just got me this watch for my birthday! It makes me feel like a cool-kid from the early 2000s.