Veeky Forums Demographics

In case anyone cares.

The poll was conducted in an unbiased way.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10407759/
independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2730791/Are-STUPID-Britons-people-IQ-decline.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence
ed.ac.uk/news/2015/autismintelligence-100315
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

and education

Political and economic ideology poll when?

>none/atheism put together

>believing "le atheism is a belief system" meme
tipper for christ

>agnostic/atheist are the same thing

Are you saying agnostics are religious?

>express disbelief in religion+ a God is the same as saying you don't know

So many supreme gentlemen in this board. Why am i not surprised?

Self-identifying as atheist is basically a political statement. Some people wish to be secular but not political about it.

The person that made up the word agnostic said he disbelieved.

That's merely your personal preference.

Judaism is not a religious belief, I assume?

There's 'other' on the list

Still a bit funny the guy didn't find it necessary to list one of the three Abrahamic religions (one that's also presumably fairly highly-represented on the chans).

Vote strawpoll.me/10407759/

wait isn't that the daily mail?

Professor Miron Zuckerman compiled 63 studies about IQ scores and religiosity. Surprise, surprise... People who were atheists have hiigher IQs in general. This is because intelligent people tend top adopt analytic thought processes, rather than sheep-like thought processes, which undermines religious beliefs. We also have less need for religion because we are intelligent enough to solve existential questions on our own instead of relying on invisible friends to hold our hands through them :^)

>We also have less need for religion because we are intelligent enough to solve existential questions on our own instead of relying on invisible friends to hold our hands through them :^)

>People with mild forms of autism are more likely to be atheists
What you wanted it to say is that "people who are atheists are mostly autistic", but then again you're clearly religious and wishful thinking goes with the territory so it's ok if you feel ashamed.

>Man I'm sure glad I don't need invisible friends to guide me.
>Those Catholics sure got rekt.
>Ah... time to masturbate to the very concept of science.

It's no surprise.

Every study says the same thing.

independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html

Don't be mean. You can't expect these poor people to understand the sources they quote. Most of think the creator of the Universe is a flying carpenter.

tbf if the only way you can argue is through ad hominems then you're only going to continue to loose. That's actually what's happening already; religion in europe is dying out and atheism is increasing in America.

You have argued nothing. You just made autistic claims thinking of yourself as a pseudointelectual. I am betting that you fap to Elon Musk too? Am I wrong? Pseudointelectuals are so similar,despute them thinking that they are unique.

I argued that atheism is the future of our world, as can be seen by how the most intelligent of us, generally, are atheists. The intelligent lead the way and as can be seen in the evidence I provided, they tend to be atheists.

The only thing I know about Elon Musk is that he's the South African guy who created spacex and a lot of other tech organisations organisations. Is he an atheist? If he is you're kinda proving my point.

>by how the most intelligent of us, generally, are atheists.
>Includes himself in the group of most inteligent people in the world
Every time.
I dont know if Musk is an atheist,I just know that pseudointelectuals like you tend to worship him.

>I worship a magic Palestinian therefore atheists worship Elon Musk.

The religious have such a fascinating mindset, it really needs more study.

>The religious have such a fascinating mindset, it really needs more study.
Kek. Good way of misinterprering what I said. But never mind,you shouldn't bother discussing with anyone as you are a member of the intelectual elite of this planet.

First off, he is an atheist: RW: "...what do you worship?"

E: "Well I don't really worship anything but I do devote myself to the advancement of humanity using technology."

RW: "Can science and religion coexist?"

E: "Probably not.

RW: "Do you pray?"

E: "I didn't even pray when I almost died of malaria."

RW: "Wow that's really not praying."

E: "Right."

Secondly, I'm not saying I'm at the top end of the world's intelligence, but I will say that I am high above average, just not mensa tier. My intelligence however is irrelevant, we're talking about the world as a whole. As numerous studies show, people with higher IQs are more likely to be atheists.

>Hig above average
Sure thing lad

Well, as studies show, its more likely that I am than you are...

What studies ?

Saying I am part of the intellectual elite of the planet seems like rather a large exaggeration to me, my post wasn't that good, but thanks for the compliment.

Using your crappy logic, chances are that the guy in the right is dumber than the gy¡uy in the left

Is smarter*

You seem to be struggling with English and not just the fact you fucked up your post. You might want to check out such concepts as "cherry-picking" and "probability".

You also cherrypicked an stadistic that fit your rhethoric.Saying that your are smarter because of a cherrypicked study is you know, cherrypicking.

That wasn't me and he said "the chances are" and it isn't one study.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2730791/Are-STUPID-Britons-people-IQ-decline.html
>IQ are declining
> Atheism is rising
>So atheism makes people dumb
You are using this kind of logic m8. It is pointless to keep debating.

I could see this being true.

Religious people are guided way more by emotion than autists.

That's got to be the worst attempt at implying a correlation I have ever read.

Try at least making a coherent argument.

>I don't believe there is a god is different from i believe there is no god
Atheist "logic"

>dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2730791/Are-STUPID-Britons-people-IQ-decline.html
The British IQ is declining because they import pakistanis inbred in Britain, remove them from the equation and the british IQ will be stable.

> he doesn't know about three-valued logic
It isn't like I would expect a theist to grasp an understanding of formal logic beyond the childish sophistry used to prove that God is real

>15% are highschoolers

>most intelligent of us
pls back up that god-awful generalization with some evidence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

here you go

Implying correlation = causation
Higher atheism rates and higher inteligence both come from being developed

ed.ac.uk/news/2015/autismintelligence-100315

How does this prove anything, it doesn't even back anything you said up.

Try learning how to spell intellectual before you continue your enlightened tirade.

>Other

Oh boy "Pagans"

Anyone who picked 'other' is probably a /pol/ fag, has no wife or gf, calls everyone a cuck and is probably too young for this board.

Hello? 911?

I'd like to report shots fired.

:^)

Hey you saved my poll. Yeah I forgot Jews and a few other things but who cares there's like five if them anyway. Also, I did an age poll which revealed that nearly everyone was 15-20

>All those 'other' LARPers