Rothschild AMA

I work for Rothschild. Ask me anything.

I'm interested to see what kind of questions will pop up.

Other urls found in this thread:

rothschild.com/merchant_banking/FAPI/our_portfolio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's on their portfolio?

interview question what is favorite book, you do not say koran because rothshcild is hewbrew

Where? What office?

Do you think he's any more influential than other multi-billionaires or say a U.S. Senator?

>sold their oil holdings
>price of oil collapses right after

Coincidence?

This doesn't really make sense - you'll need to be more specific.

?

I work in GFA for one of the major European offices. GFA is a fancy way for saying investment banking.

No, not really. I would say besides the big bulge-bracket banks (UBS, CS, etc.) which are very "American", most European banks, even those which interact in capital markets, are very understated.

Very good swiss banks like Cantonal, Reichmuth, Hottinger - Rothschild is very swiss sometimes - are very understated to a point of pain. You probably have never heard of these banks, and they like it this way.

I'm actually not familiar with this - we don't really maintain a balance sheet except for PB and AM.

This is a very common error among people in finance - most banks no longer can trade for their own account. It is a pure conflict of interest.

Those that do operate under very heavy obligation, and banks generally do not put large portions of their capital in long-run speculative investments - it is risky and not the point of a financial services provider.

Oil was on contango since April 2014, you don't even have to be "in the know" to realize a glut was coming.

>This doesn't really make sense - you'll need to be more specific.

Are you literally dense? What stocks are in their portfolio.

This isn't what a bank does. Read wikipedia

>HURRRRRRRR

rothschild.com/merchant_banking/FAPI/our_portfolio/

Any illegal activity you suspect? I imagine there is a lot of insider trading going on at all times in the top of the chain

Are you jewish?

I think it is clear that you do not work in finance - but I will clarify for you.

Merchant Banking is a hybrid vehicle between traditional investment banking and private equity - it really encompasses a wide range of activities beyond traditional advisory.

You'll notice that all of these companies are non-public - you cannot buy them on an exchange. If they art, Rothschild MB has been given a closed-share deal of preferred, convertible warrants, or other non-public sourcing - they do not invest in publicly held entities, hence "private equity".

The "portfolio" of a bank can mean anything - from the long-term credit on its books (like a commercial bank making mortgage loans) to the portfolio of an investment shop, which can range from publicly traded equities, long/short macro, etc. This is why I asked for the clarification.

Please, if you do not know what you are talking about, there is no need to be so condescending.

Rothschild is actually very good about compliance. We do not permit personal accounts and trading, and it is enforced very strictly - if you are found to have an account that is non-registered with compliance, it is immediate grounds for dismissal.

That being said, there isn't a guarantee, but insider trading is far more difficult nowadays with the advent of computers.

No.

Do you have proof of any kind?

I'd like to stay anonymous, and I think my responses assure my identity.

If you can think of a good way of proving this, I am open to it.

OP, how'd you land a job at your employer?

Furthermore, how 'high up' are you in the company?

(a) What's your position (e.g. analyst)?
(b) Do you plan on switching to buy side? If yes, when?
(c) Are you jealous of your friends who opted for a more work-life-balance-oriented lifestyle e.g. by joining a start-up or working for the government?
(d) How do you invest your own money?
(e) Do you specialize in any sector (yet)?

>We do not permit personal accounts and trading
They must let you own ETFs or something. Otherwise this would be huge disadvantage

What are the main benefits to owning private vs public equity?

Why are all these faggot posers coming out of the woodwork lately? Summer?

Back when Veeky Forums was good, someone starting an AMA would provide photographic proof of who or what they claimed to be.

So you can fuck off, kid.

what sort of photographic proof are you looking for?

dick pic with timestamp plssss

Who cares? Go make this thread on /x/, you fool.

I want to see bank accounts with the $$$

not op but i will also answer some

literally everything this is a retard tier question

there are lots of different kinds of private equity. the main benefit would be if you own shares in a highly valued private company that is going public. which will net you a ton of cash. or if you own a company that gets bought by a private vc fund or an pe fund.

less financial reporting costs vs public

Any tips for recruiting? Which uni did you go to?

fucking lol at all the kiddos eating this shit right up. having a giggle op? i bet you are alt tabbing inbetween overwatch, cryptocurrency news, and this 'pretend to be rothschild' thread you fat fuck.

>Tfw when I am a university student
>Tfw I posted an AMA using bloomberg screencaps on my university library computer
>Mfw NEETs pretending to be bankers is the new Veeky Forums meme.

Heading off to uni library in an hour guys. will post proof when I'm there.

>Why are all these faggot posers coming out of the woodwork lately? Summer

He's just some faggy summer m&a intern that couldn't cut a BB bank

How big is your nose