I'm thinking of starting my YouTube career =)

Is it profitable? Do I stand a chance? Requesting help!

youtube.com/user/Xenonuke

You need to make videos that are watched on average ~6-7 minutes each. Hit 100k per video.

Until then don't expect anything but nickels and dimes.

if you're goal is to make profit then you will never get that youtube money

Well, some people make it. Some don't. I'm intended to succeed!

Doesn't matter you need clicks not motivation.

I think I can pull it. Trust me ;)

Do you have any other successful social media accounts? If not I highly doubt it -- but go ahead, it only costs your time.

I'm making some minecraft let's play's right now. And also commentary videos.

LOL! I'm pretty big on twitter! B)

Oh jesus christ

think content before profit.good luck.

I think I have what it needs to be successful as fuck on youtube B) Even my older videos ain't that bad!

Worst advice in the history of the world.

Profit first, then target market, then content.
It's like coming up with a product without understanding the market.

What is it about online business that causes everyone to throw away what are established and simple rules of business.

What?....

No. Profit first ;)

not in youtube mate. seriously just look at all the successful youtubers.

Before the partnership even began, they were always improving and thinking about their content.

From there, everything went on smoothly.

Well, I think that I can produce some pretty rad material!

Oh really? And how will it be different from the million others producing "rad" Minecrap LPs?

You are an idiot
Grabbing a handful of successful Youtubers who blundered onto appealing content does not a recipe make

What you're doing is not unique or challenging, and I'd bet a million bucks right now that in 3 years your content will not have earned you 100k total. Your shit's going to fall into the veritable wasteland of YouTube mediocrity.

If you want to stand out, you either need a novel concept, high quality video production, a charismatic personality, or a uniquely strong draw for another reason. Nobody successful got that way by doing shitty minecraft let's plays and reaction vids.

Rad is old and busted, we gray now

why am i an idiot?
good content can potentially bring in more viewers

Good content about what?

You are a moron because you think that people will just watch your videos if the content is good.
Your problem is that "good" is a subjective statement, which means your content either has to be unique enough that people won't find it elsewhere or somehow better.

So think of how many Youtubers are currently in your space and the total amount of revenue you think they generate.
Then consider home much of that revenue you can realistically take (Note to self: Not much) and then consider why people should view your content instead of other content.
It's all pretty basic.

I see people blow their life savings on things like cafes and pizza shops where they have their heart set on opening one and not understand that there has to be a reason for people to choose their's over the other 10 or 20 in the immediate vicinity.

I know business.

make a TL;DR version of this

Git gud fgt

i never studied business so i may have overstep my boundaries. im backing off of this.

>I'm thinking of starting my YouTube career
Just like a gazillion other teens.

Yes & yes. Understand how the market works though. Don't delude yourself into thinking people want quality content. If you want to make money you need exposure, lots and lots of uploads, a consistant 'style' and 'themes', some degree of consistant production values, recognizable 'branding elements', and about 2 years of time to cruise without significant money coming in. outsource as much as possible (youtube thumbnails, email replying to fans/watchers, social media systems) etc.

It's a business, but you don't want your audience to see that too clearly. Contrary to what most people on Veeky Forums will have you believe, the skills you learn building a youtube channel and riding it into successfulville are actually very valuable and applicable to any other business.

All I can tell you is that you are getting extremely late to the party. Like REALLY LATE.

>I'm making some minecraft let's play's right now
So are you full blown autismo or just under aged?