Why is this logo a trend now?

Why is this logo a trend now?
>when mankind colonizes mars in 10 years because stacy & co funded NASA by bying their clothes

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7875584/Barack-Obama-Nasa-must-try-to-make-Muslims-feel-good.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont know, but i've seen more and more fuccbois with NASA backpacks

>now

Not OP, but may I also ask why people are advertising Coca-Cola on their clothes? Thrift-core is going too far.

yeah
Why are we advertising NASA when we should be advertising
>this

NASAs logo looks so much cooler, tho

>anything with elon musk
Fuck off faggot

I just bought it because I wanted a new hat and this was cheap, then suddenly everyone has one. Can I just cover it up with another patch? The hat itself is really nice.

you're going to fucking die on this planet LOL

makes stupid people feel smart like watching big bang theory

same with stpud joke products like hurr durr russian space pen

cash in on it screen print some counterfeit nasa logos on hanes t's

the people buying it are too dumb to know its fake as shit

and stupid people think that hanes is good quality

Now there's an news flash if i ever heard one

This is the better one

spaceghostpurrp started the trend

Do you remember when the Playboy bunny became a big meme? It was quite possible that, at that point, Playboy made more money selling logo merch' than it did the magazines!
NASA is not what it once was. If you take a look at its activities today it appears to be a jobs program and social justice activism agency. I mean think about it. They flew space shuttles one year and then the year after that, with the same budget, they no longer flew space shuttles. Where does that money go? Probably suspicious and unnecessary labor costs.
Well I think one of the things NASA is probably doing today is pimping out its logo to increase revenue.

Damn like 99.9% everyone else in mankind's history

It's the appeal of space, which is universally regarded as cool, throw some disconnected nostalgia in there, well recognized "aesthetic" logo with the leverage of a brand-name without any of the superficiality or hype, that I NEED MY SPACE meme floating around, and the copycat chinese whisper nature of internet markets. People thought it was a trendy thing but mainstreams like Walmart and Urban Outfitters have been making NASA apparel for years. It's tasteless at this point.

The sheer amount of money needed to do significant things does not justify the results we get from NASA. Besides going to another planet or into a black hole no one's going to be throwing their money into space exploration. "Let me just donate $10,000 so these astronauts can go explore space for me" sounds whack .

People are taking control of the advertisement they wear on themselves and choosing to wear something they think is actually worthwhile, namely NASA, which I can sympathise with

But people are pretty dumb and wear all kinds of shit. And in general logos are visual garbage that should be banned from clothing

>People are taking control of the advertisement they wear on themselves

Uniqlo, Alpha and all the other companies putting NASA logos on their stuff were pretty mad when I called them up and told them that I was in control and they had to do as they're told: but I am glad you support my decision.

Well apparently you are under some kind of contract that forces you to wear whatever these companies make, so I'm not surprised they were mad

I grant you that people vote with their wallet but I just wanted to point out that we didn't vote for all these recent Nasa logos until they were already on the market, right?
It wasn't us that put them there. I think Nasa has actively sought out these companies and persuaded them to use their logo.
We don't control shit.

holy shit, I'm actually gonna get a shirt with that logo
thx

Yeah, because all NASA does is go and do things and space (not true btw)

>Not wearing the objectively superior logo

>poor mans NASA

Ever since Ahmed built that clock, NASA shirts are edgy.

Just kidding, I see everyone in the STEM lecture/lab buildings at my school wearing these shirts.

literally anything millennials do can be summed up by "I saw it on tumblr"

It's shit like this that reminds me that the general public is fucking clueless about what NASA does

Actually it's because major stores sell cheap shirts with those logos on them for like >$15. Anything subjective is based on the user which comes after this fact.

>hiring people to do nothing important is justified because long since retired or dead men got us on the moon, once.

>trash-talking people who contribute more to mankind in a week than you will in your entire life

That's my point, chief. My claim is that they do not contribute to mankind.
My point is that NASA WAS a glorious achievement that did all kinds of great shit but bureaucrats and leftists saw that achievement and destroyed the institution.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7875584/Barack-Obama-Nasa-must-try-to-make-Muslims-feel-good.html

Yeah. Those posts actually saddened me. Scientific literacy and interest is declining daily.

see

>My claim is that they do not contribute to mankind.
The SLS, Orion capsule, and James Webb Telescope have all been in development for years, retard.

Those could all be done in the market without funding a Muslim outreach program.

But they won't be, because they're not profitable.
Why even post if you won't even think for a second?

Things aren't profitable if the government is doing them.
But, in spite of NASA existing, private space is booming.
Why is that? Because NASA got gutted for social justice.

>when you talk without knowing shit and you blame it on a particular group you dislike
all my keks

that's some bad kerning on that font holy shit

Every thread I see you in, you're consistently the most offputtingly retarded brand of person. Please stop posting and kill yourself already.

To address OP. The logo is aesthetically pleasing and easily recognizable. Nasa being an association that people want to show that they approve of, and also clothing with the logo is incredibly cheap. Can pick up nasa shirts at walmart for 10 dollars. It's having the chuck taylor all star effect I think.

>Everyone recognizes it
>Cheap
>Looks alright
>Hints at what kind of stuff you may be into (science, nerdy shit, etc)

>retard who doesn't realize Nasa does infinitely more for the world than send people to space
>thinks it's a bad investment because we haven't flown to jupiter yet or someshit
>blames muslims/liberals for this
>doesn't understand that a privately funded corporation that is primarily using nasa's studies and scientific progress as reference points and then using private funding to get shit done is going to have less red tape to go through and get things done more efficiently
>doesn't realize this wouldn't be possible without nasa

Holy shit bro. I'd tell you to stop drinking /pol/'s koolaid but you already chugged a gallon, threw up, and went back for more.

>NASAs logo looks so much cooler, tho
/thread

This is the GOAT logo the meatball is trash

Tom Sachs version is a lot more appealing.

what? did you miss all the fools putting nasa patches on their chucks like just last year? did you miss how small brands have been putting nasa shit on shirts since like 2~3 years ago?

>this
this is about as much a trend as wearing vintage tees, marvel/superhero apparel, and japanese kanji.

I use this logo above the new shitty one.

Didn't know it was trendy but I have a NASA poster.

Every time.

>oh wow [thing] is pretty cool online maybe I should--
>find out it's the new normie hotness so I won't let myself even touch it

Everyone in human history except for about 10 astronauts has died on this planet LMFAO

So why does everyone hate spaceghostpurrp now?

cause he started dissing people on twitter