What is the superior core?

What is the superior core?

Streetwear, if I was wanted to be a pretentious assholes who views the world like a wall street stock broker fucking over people legally then I would just buy a suit.

Those polo clowns are the high class wannabe above everyone else types of people. There's nothing wrong with dressing professionally but people seem to correlate professional dress to being an "adult".

With streetwear you're far more open and people will see you're down to earth and have a good sense of style, you're relatable in streetwear unlike when you want to dress like you're about to play golf just to pretend you're cream of the crop.

neither
goofball core is the superior

nice pasta

This although streetwear has developed its own brand of pretentiousness as well.

While the polo guys look like cliche chucklefucks from a bad '80s movie, they're not nearly as bad as streetwear dude. The outfit screams "look at me, I'm real because I bought these ripped jeggings and an olive bomber at Urban outfitters." Streetwear is just as memey and try-hard as prepcore if you don't keep it subtle.

Right, the rich college elite look will always look better than the poor junkie teen look.

Agree all they have to do is unpop the collar and you can pass as a functioning member of society. The guy on the left just looks like a college graduate desperately clinging onto teenage life

This

funny, because to me the guy on the left looks way more pretentious

Yeah honestly. Two guys on right are models. theyve been paid well to stand there, and probably just look like friendly rich guys IRL.

Guy on left did an amateur photo shoot for free and is flexing. Sad!

actually this

t. Poor

Lmfao

how can you tell?

Forgot most of Veeky Forums is wannabe pretentious people. I take back my opinion. There you're happy?

Don't forget, it's also full of whiny lil'bitches that get offended when people disagree with them.

funny how the fit on the left is more bland and uninspiring in every aspect than the two white guys on the right wearing a basic ass polo with a pair of khakis.

Right looks way better. It shows they care about appearance without grabbing attention. Left is a pretentious attention-grabbing cunt who wants to be edgy

If the point of (left) is to appear destitute and unapproachable by any human beings that value decency and self-preservation then he has done his job.

Right is timeless. While the photo is clearly older, the fit, the accessories, and the hair will literally never go out of style. It just looks good. It always will.

The left photo, on the other hand, is already severely dated and will age like milk.

hell yeah

Saw him live recently.

Best performer in the biz. Not best musician, but the man can't be beat when it comes to stage presence.

/t e r r o r w a v e/

ITT OP gets rekt, reconsiders longstanding prejudice against classic prep fit/lifestyle

Am I the only one who is disgusted by self-centered hypebeasts who flex without bringing anything new to the table? It's like mooching imho and needs to be stopped

Hypebeasts need to be gassed desuu

>reddit

A combination of both.

I don't like streetwear because I feel it's really just copy+pasting current trends. Like an attempt to be unique but just coming out like everybody else.

It's also a class/social thing, my parents come from upper middle class/middle class backgrounds originally, but I grew up into the upper class and attended boarding school etc, so I feel much more comfortable dressing up a bit rather than dressing streetwear.

There are some aspects of streetwear I can find intriguing but it's nothing I'd wear myself. I also find hype culture cringe as fuck. It's a lower class Afro American thing about "swaggering" that probably evolved out of early 2010s swagfag culture, which in turn was a bastardised version of gangster (flexing, etc) culture. I just find it really tasteless to hype up items or brands like supreme or BAPE. That being said, of course I look out for the season's trends and cool new items but I don't hype them to flex on social media for a bunch of others who do the exact same thing as me.

On the other hand I do think innovative and trendy new fashion looks you sometimes see homos or young people wear in gentrified areas can be really interesting, but that's because they innovate, not because they copped the new yeezys or wear whatever streetwear brand is hyped atm.

In short, I respect people who have their own style but I don't think the average hypebeast has this. If you're going to conform to norms, at least do it right - dress clean and classical.

I can agree that I truly loathe people who dress to create the illusion of wealth, but again, that's exactly what streetwear hypebeasts do as well. You see nogs dropping a third of their monthly pay on shoes or a new Gucci belt to create an illusion of having wealth instead of making money. If I was poor, I wouldn't dress preppy to look rich, I would dress preppy to create an image for myself that I like to associate myself with the values the stereotypical preppy guy carries. Not because I want to look rich. You can't fake that stuff in front of actual rich people. They see through that shit easily. The only people who are fooled are poor people who are just like you.

The two guys to the right look pretty friendly, would chat with / 10.

The guy on the left looks like a tryhard douche-bag soundcloud-rapper

I honestly can't bear people like the one on the left. They're so fucking cringe. Their entire ghetto nigger slang is enough to put me off. The international kids at my school are so fucking americanized and cancerous, thank god they stick to themselves

This desu

i mean, if you're not a 15 year old virgin

Seems like both are bad, but the right is on the right track.

well when juxtaposed with that jabroni on the left it would be the one on the right
BUT
the less cartoony mall-wave casual version of the left pic is better just because of how irreparably shitty vineyard vines/southern tide contemporary prep casual look is

i always think that the reason there is this weird hatred between each of these is because the streetwear people were brought up usually in lower classes socioeconomically and as a result grew to hate the people who were from the class above them.. so they hate the look of prepcore as it's kind of a representation of the higher class.. i dunno, i just think that prep core looks actually good makes you look like you know how to dress and mature, but streetwear makes you look like a homeless nigger buying stuff out of the value village

Implying that people that dress like the left aren't putting on an act as well. They want people to think about them in a specific way, just like the guys on the right.

I just wear minimalist Acne basics with flashy Dries Van Noten and Undercover stuff. To even things out so to say.
Ripped jeans are a no-go, so better go prep with a sense of traditional style than trend-hopping insta-fuccboi.

lmao fucking ameritard wearing shit americuck brand trying look to look germanic fuck off

THE ANSWER IS NEITHER

CHEERS,
R

>timeless
that's literally textbook late 2000s prep, it's anything but

neither
normiecore best core

Unsure if someone said this but the best is BOTH... norm core more or less

You wear the left to kanye concerts / raves etc.

You wear the right to your girlfriends family and like older folks who might include you in their will

Aristocore

Fucking idiot, honestly.
Kill yourself.

I agree with this

IF I EVER SEE THIS UGLY ASS NIGGA IN PUBLIC I PROMISE THE REST OF YOU, MYSELF, EVERYONE AROUND AT THE TIME, MY MOM SISTERS AND BROTHERS, I WILL CUT HIS GODDAMN THROAT. MAC AND CHEESE PEICE OF SHIT WITH HIS STUPID MUSIC AND CUNT FACE!

now that is a handsome man

no homo

Whenever I walk by a brooks brothers store the display in the window just scream look at me I'm rich. And like there are ways to spend excessive amounts on money on clothes and look interesting but brooks brothers just comes off as douchy to me.

i'm new to this board, where can i shop to look like left pic

the mall

lmao fuck off and take your low rise stretch chinos with you

cuckcore