Shorting Deutsche Bank?

When is it time to short? When will it all collapse?

I started a position for July, will probably get out if nothing materializes after this month. Interest rates, scandals, Directors/Managers leaving, I just hope that it hits 10 before I close it out.

It won't, DB is rock solid - everyone in London knows it. I work PE but I have a HF social circle.

If DB collapses, then Germany also collapses. The German gub'mint would never allow it.

are you an idiot, or just pretending to be one?

DB is not gonna collapse. Please stop making these retarded threads.

I saw the Big Short, Iknow what is right lol i am basecly master investror

What? Did you watch The Big Short and think that you're gonna be the next Burry or Soros? DB isn't collapsing but go ahead and short it anyway. The market by nature weeds out idiots like you and allocates wealth to the most efficient agent.

NAah Don't worry about the BANK worry about the EU itself ,its probably gonna implode eventually.

Actually you'd be better off shorting the whole European Union (start with the EURO)

>implying the German government will allow the collapse of their only major bank

Why? I'm legitimately interested in what was dumb about what I said.

Even if Germany bails out DB, the DB stock is still going to 0

False.

OP, I heard and read the negativity surrounding DB, but what makes you want to short it?

I mean, I would like to have a discussion on this topic with you and hopefully other anons will join in, but maybe it is a good idea to first explain to us why you want to short.

On what grounds? Which articles have you read etc.

Its not. What do you think happens when the government injects capital and as a result own like 80% of the company? Ever heard what happened to GM shareholders when they got bailed out? How about AIG?

OP the smart thing to do is buy loads of DB shares this summer. I'm hoping for a brexit then buying the dip.

BAC and CITI were trading sub a dollar in 2008.

we have a new neighbour, he bought the house for £1.200.000, has parking space for 3 cars. He works for the deutsche bank and he is in good mood.

Depends, if brexit succeeds Europe will begin to collapse almost immediately and capital will flee to America causing a hyper bull market in the S&P500 and Dow Jones, if brexit fails then the collapse will be postponed until 2017. Governments around the world will begin to default on their debt as interest rates rise, investors will flee the bond markets and into stocks.

What does 'buying the dip' mean? You buy DB stocks and then what?

This seems reasonable

You shoul bought greatly after a collapse like 2008 or in 2001