I have a few questions for all the balding guys who just said "fuck it" and decide it to shave their hair...

I have a few questions for all the balding guys who just said "fuck it" and decide it to shave their hair. I'm going down the same road I'd like to have some information to prepare myself. Your experience is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

1. Do you feel more relieved?
2. Do you still think about your hairloss?
3. How did people react the first time they saw you with a shaved head?
4. Do you think you transmit more confidence?
5. Do you think you look better?
6. What made you make this decision instead of choosing other alternatives? (fin, hair transplant, wig, etc)
7. Do you ever wish for a cure?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6cEItZx14s
youtube.com/watch?v=HPZX7EZIFD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I’m not bald sorry

>I have a few questions for all the balding guys who just said "fuck it" and decide it to shave their hair. I'm going down the same road I'd like to have some information to prepare myself. Your experience is much appreciated, thanks in advance.
>1. Do you feel more relieved?
for sure. You don't have to worry about styling it to hide certain spots or wondering who can tell that you're balding
>2. Do you still think about your hairloss?
yeah but it's pointless to worry about since it's out of my control. I've noticed I find people with thick hair and certain hairlines more attractive now
>3. How did people react the first time they saw you with a shaved head?
I don't shave it because it looks really bad on most people, in my experience. I buzz it with the lowest setting on my hair clippers (eg. no attachment). People thought it looked weird at first but eventually it just becomes how you look and nobody cares
>4. Do you think you transmit more confidence?
yeah, particularly after my head's freshly buzzed. Looks shittier the more it grows out
>5. Do you think you look better?
better than when I had a normal hairline and full head of hair? No. Better than I did when I was clearly receding? Absolutely
>6. What made you make this decision instead of choosing other alternatives? (fin, hair transplant, wig, etc)
I'm wary of taking any kind of drugs that haven't been extensively tested for decades and proven safe, and it seems I made the right call since Fin ruins your boners. Didn't look into transplants, wig seems like too much hassle and too embarrassing if you're discovered
>7. Do you ever wish for a cure?
yeah but I accept that it probably won't happen for a long time, and by then it'd probably be silly to use it (as an old man)

That's OK, user.

. Do you think you transmit more confidence?
>yeah, particularly after my head's freshly buzzed

Could you elaborate on that?

Bump

Not bald but I‘ve recently given up on fin because it didn‘t work.

1. Do you feel more relieved?
Yes I do.

2. Do you still think about your hairloss?
Not often.

3. How did people react the first time they saw you with a shaved head?
My mom didn't like it, my brother thought I looked like a Neo-Nazi, an acquaintance said I looked intense in a good way.

4. Do you think you transmit more confidence?
Yes.

5. Do you think you look better?
Yes. I'm lucky in that I have a thick, dark beard and mustache to balance out my bald head.

6. What made you make this decision instead of choosing other alternatives? (fin, hair transplant, wig, etc)
All the alternatives are ridiculous, expensive and kinda pathetic.

7. Do you ever wish for a cure?
That kind of thinking is unproductive.

nailing it

Wew Nick Cave really let himself go.

Are you the guy missing a finger?

yes. looks better, less work to do every morning.
yes.
overall positive. got some compliments on my head shape, but there were some complaints that my hair is too short now.
A little bit maybe, I wasn't that unconfident about my receding hairline, I had very long hair and wore it braided, open or as a pony tail, in the weeks before buzzing it I had actual afro like braids for a couple of days, with the hair braided just above the skin and I've tried many different hair styles in the last weeks. It was pretty fun.
definitely, I look better with a buzzcut, but I miss my hair sometimes.
>6. What made you make this decision instead of choosing other alternatives? (fin, hair transplant, wig, etc)
I'm trying out Minodoxil atm, but I'm just 1 month in so, no results yet.
I guess. Having just this one hairstyle for the rest of my life seems pretty boring.

I dont think you should use minoxidil without taking fin too.

Minoxidil alone works perfectly, at least in most cases. Hair might strengthen slower than with fin, though.

Don't shave. Get a hair system.

Balding / bald looks awful on 90% of males.

youtube.com/watch?v=z6cEItZx14s

And drugs like minox / fin stop working after a while. Fin can also fuck your endocrine system up permanently. Do your research.

Not really.
Every day.
Laughed at me. People in general laugh at my bald head when Im out.
Lol no.
No.
Too expensive.
Every day.

>Laughed at me. People in general laugh at my bald head when Im out.

Are you in highschool?

>Looks shittier the more it grows out

what more do you want him to say? He feels more confident when he looks better, since it looks shittier when it's grown out, so he feels more confident when it's not.

Shaved head or full hair?

I actually like my head shaved. It's nice

Looks okay either way

Grow a moustache, it'll seriously look good with those eyebrows. Not some hipster shit, but a nice classic Tom Selleck moustache.

Interesting I was thinking about that too. Too bad my facial hair genetics are shit

Im in university.

Bump

Lol, no.

this guy is a famous German singer
youtube.com/watch?v=HPZX7EZIFD0

shaved imo.
makes you look more alpha

Bump

how long did you try it for

not bald but the confidence thing is true. i went 1.5 last summer and it wasnt the best looked but i definitely had more confidence for whatever reason, i got told i looked tougher (really defined jaw and square face were way more emphasized), and there was a clear difference in the way that people treated me. i would do it again but im trying to grow it out. if it doesnt look good or i dont make it im just gonn buzz it again.

Went bald on purpose after having 3 feet of hair but ill still answer

>1:
Yeah no more half hour/hour of hair care

>2:
Like i said didnt really lose it but i was bound to one day, but no,

>3: got a reaction from people, people got used to it, shock value is only for the first time the person sees you

>4:

Confidence skyrocketed, but it has a downside(for some) everyone suddenly thinks im angry all the time (bitch face i guess?)

5:
Best choice i ever made,

Imagine a fat 20+ year old with long hair,
I looked like a Mother basement dwelling NEET Fag with long hair

Now that im bald i look like a bodybuilding lumberjack?(not my words)

>6:
I went bald because i was realizing i looked like a mommy basement dwelling NEET fag

>7:

If there was a cure (if i needed one in the future) yeah, that would be great, for me i wouldnt care so much but i think technological advancments are always great.

That's what I thought too. Weirdly I also had more confidence like this guy was saying

if I bald, noosing myself. far too vain for that bullshit

looks great but what about the hairs, however few, still growing underneath it?
If it's durable and looks good I'd possibly consider a rug like that.

I am balding and i would like to shave it but i have some gross acne scars in the back of my head

>Went bald on purpose

Kill yourself

no

Honesty just gotta fucking do it man, letting sonthing as insignificant as hair stop you from feeling confident or affecting your identity is beta as fuck.

The amount of absolutely disgusting cunts out there who bang 10/10 women is remarkable. You know why?

Confidence.

Nothing looks more weak than a man who trys to hide his balding. Just man up and go full Jason statham.

I shave my head and discovered that the shape of my skull is weird and unattractive.

With no doubt shaved.

>kill yourself bc you went out of your way to do something that people fear,
Cry more

What a brave lad.

If you've got norse features, there is surprisingly enough one very specific look that you can pull with a shit hairline.
>beard (any length)
>medium long hair+hairband/longer and pulled back some way
It's not clear how this works but it's actually really attractive.

And yes that guy is balding. Imagine him no beard and short hair.

How bad does my hairline look? I'd say it's just a normal mature hairline but I'm paranoid so sometimes it probably looks worse to me than it actually is.

Also haircut advice would be appreciated.

You are a goner man, I'm sorry.

Yes
Not with respect to fixing it.
My hair had been at a #1 buzz for quit a while, so people just noted that it was even shorter when I shaved it. I've been told my women that I pull it off. I've been told by men that they were jealous that I look fine with no hair, since they think they'd look awful.
I started a basic strength training program, and I've put on 5lb of muscle so far. I think that has made more of a difference than my shaved head.
I've been told so. One girl said "you know, they say the real test of how handsome a man is, is when he shaves his head."
Fatigue of having to think about it. Watching too many Vin Diesel movies.
Not anymore. It's been a year, and I've gotten used to it. It's comforting knowing more or less what my head will look like for the rest of my life.

His hairline looks fine. The rest of his style looks pretty bad though.

He's not balding at all. That's a mature hairline at best.

M8 he is clearly thining on the top and his widows peak are pretty bad.

Sorry, meant for

Where? He does have an extreme widow's peak but his top and sides have the same thickness.

Who the fuck did you mean it for? or

your hair is thinning but the way you are styling it makes it look worse. maybe try a shorter style with the sides a little shorter than the top

That dude is definitely not balding lmfao

Both are good but shaved looks better in that comparison because your hairstyle on the left is pretty bland

You have a nice face and bone structure though so honestly you could probably get away with pretty much any hair length

I was referring to

That's not thinning. He has a high hairline but that's all I can see.

Is this balding? He was probably 20/21 in this pic and now he's in his 40s and looks the same. Dunno if he's on fin, either.

>had thick, dark brown hair as a kid, good hairline
>get leukemia when I was 15
>get chemo and shave head
>graduate high school bald as fuck, remission 1st year of college
>my hair starts very slowly growing back
>its light brown, thin as fuck and my hairline is way back

jesus why didn't the cancer just take me, i was looking forward to having hair again. contemplating just shaving it and living with that but i'm only 19 so i might look retarded, would it fit my face? im already ugly so it can't get much worse.

is me btw

Around 2 years ago, right around my 21st birthday, I noticed my hairline was suddenly a bit higher and more m-shaped compared to when I was a teenager. I compared photos and it hasn't moved a mm and thickness is the same.

Is it probably just mature hairline, then?

No offense but you look like a bitch. Maybe being bald would make you look more like a man.

How is Veeky Forums this fucking retarded to think this guy is in anyway balding?

Do you think that everyone only has 12 year old Mexican fuccboi hairline?

This seems ridiculous, maybe they're laughing at you for something else? I have a full head of hair but used to shave it bald because I liked it and no one gave a shit.

>I have a full head of hair

Of course they wont make fun of you, you dense motherfucker.

shaved. you look badass

same here user

you look alright to me lad

Bump.

>Do you feel more relieved?
Yes, being bald all around is better than having hair and a big bald spot

Do you still think about your hairloss?
Yes, but I dont obsess over it like I did when it began.

>How did people react the first time they saw you with a shaved head?
I always had a very short buzz, so no big reactions

>Do you think you transmit more confidence?
Less confidence than when I had full hair
But more confidence than having hair with visible balding

>Do you think you look better?
no, but its not the worst thing

>What made you make this decision instead of choosing other alternatives? (fin, hair transplant, wig, etc)
I didn't want to cuck my body with drugs on a bidaily basis.

>Do you ever wish for a cure?
sure if its cheap, safe, and reliable.

Im balding, i went for the buzz-meme and now im going back to sleaze.

I double dont care. First i didnt care buzzing it all off, but i noticed i only buzzed it because i was so concerned about my widows peak and bald spot. So now i let it grow out again and dont give a fuck.

Is it time to die lads? Growing out beard then probably gong to buzz down more

I wanted to say he looks like Zach Hill

yes, easily. feel and look so much better.
occasionally, but not in the same way i did when balding.
i had super long hair for about 6-7 years so it was a huge shock to everyone, but i only had one or two people say anything that wasnt positive.
100%, i would say i got my pre-balding confidence back and more, if anything.
for sure. i've had a lot better luck in 4 months bald than i did for ~2-3 years balding.
was on minoxidil for a long time, but it just didn't really do much. im a nw2-3, slick bald where i receded, so there's not much you can do. transplants are too much money and i'm only 21, so i'd have to wait years anyway.
i wouldn't complain if one came out, but honestly i'm happy with how i look now.

good luck, user!

Drake Belle?

That's really bad, bro. Give up on that hair.

>i'm only 21

That's rough.

I think I'm starting to bald (I'm 19), but the good thing's that I have pretty good bone structure, only thing I'm afraid of is that my head is going to be shiny. How do you fix that?