How's your portfolio doing today?

Sup Veeky Forums,

Am I the only one here who got burned on AMD today? I realize that the trading day isn't over but I bought in right at the opening bell after hearing about their new, more reasonably priced, VR-focused GPU release announcement.

Anyone have any speculation as to the reason for the drop today? I can't find anything about it online other than one article discussing the strangeness of the situation.

>when you shorted a call at 5
>when IV is high
>BUT THE FUCKING PREMIUM IS SHIT

Why are retards still buying AMD? They're insolvent. They would need to grow over 1000 times in order to pay off their debts. They have no dividend, no reinvestment. Any shabbos goy dumb enough to put their money in this company deserves to lose it.

Who the fuck buys AMD anymore?

VR is a meme and the market seems to realize that.

Do you honestly believe that VR will not be more and more of an emerging technology as time passes? I guess I could see it going the way of 3D TV but it has so much potential for greatness.

I'm not just trying to argue by the way, looking for legitimate opinions/arguments. I'm honestly not very informed beyond personal interests, I don't even own a VR console.

I think it will end up being an augment rather than a mainstay. I think it will augment certain systems that could benefit for a virtual interface. They would need to increase the resolution and it could theoretically do away with monitors for desktops. The other thing it would be good for is flight sims where you could have a 3-D virtual cockpit which would be neat. Anything that requires movement though is going to be a hard sell, especially with limited work-space that can't be devoted to virtual applications.

Oh I completely agree. I 100% think that full-rool VR (based on location and actual movement) is a meme. To a certain extent, I even think that just "stand still" VR based only on rotating your head to move the mouse is also not viable in the long term and is more of a novelty.

I just have strong beliefs that the immersion provided by these systems is what will cause it to outlast and not just die off as the latest technological meme of the past.

In my opinion it's less about the simulation of similarities to the real world and more about the disconnection from the real world altogether.

Dunno either. New gpu looks promising, you'd think it woulda continued to climb.

I'm confident that it will bounce back over the next month or so. The card is set for release 4 weeks from today.

Amd will reach $50 next year.

Looks like in few month AMD might be again 1.7ish.

kek. never change, Veeky Forums

I still have hope for AMD

>Being this fucking retarded.

Also Op what'd you buy in with?

Never EVER buy in the first 30 mins of the day.

AMD share takes a run up, don't worry.

I learnt never to buy shares in the first 2 hours when trading starts. Happened to me as well (the price was raised by insider buying but it fell much lower after all the demand was gone). Shares eventually went up higher after 2 weeks though

I think AMD has real potential, but only as a long hold, they need another few years to capitalise on uptake of cheap high performance parts and VR shit in general.

Buy the rumor sell the news

what rumors you got?

Op said
>but I bought in right at the opening bell after hearing about their new, more reasonably priced, VR-focused GPU release announcement.

He obviously bought the news and everyone else was selling it.

Syn- down

Dust- down

LAC- down

TRVN- down

XON- down

if i was shorting id be estatic